[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---DEC. 12th, 2014

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Dec 10 14:15:11 EST 2014

 STARTS THURS, DEC. 11th at 8:00 PM ONLY!!
                    THE MAMMOTH NEW EPIC!!
IN 3D or 2D.YOUR CHOICE!!...BUT.NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES!!

     FBEXODUS.bmp
NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, DEC. 12th thru THURSDAY,  DEC. 18th ONLY!!
Check out our NEW & REDESIGNED website at: www.TheAvon.com

FBtiny.bmp>>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
SHOWS1210.bmp

+++++++++++++++++++++
FBFREEXMAS3.JPG
++++++++++++++++++++++
EXODUSposter1.jpg
EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS (PG13)   Biblical/Adventure  (2 hr 22 min--not
including 8 to 12 min of previews)
>From acclaimed director Ridley Scott (Gladiator, Prometheus) comes the epic
adventure "Exodus: Gods and Kings," the story of one man's daring courage to
take on the might of an empire. Using state of the art visual effects and 3D
immersion, Scott brings new life to the story of the defiant leader Moses
(Christian Bale) as he rises up against the Egyptian Pharaoh Ramses (Joel
Edgerton), setting 600,000 slaves on a monumental journey of escape from
Egypt and its terrifying cycle of deadly plagues.

EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS (PG13)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
2D SHOWTIMES

3D SHOWTIMES
(NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR 3D!!)
FRI: (3:15) - 7:00
SAT: (3:15) - 7:00
SUN: (3:15)
++++++++++++++++++++++
HUNGERposter.jpg

The Hunger Games 3: MOCKINGJAY (PT 1) (PG13)   Action/Adventure  (2 hr 3
min--not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
The worldwide phenomenon of The Hunger Games continues to set the world on
fire with The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1, which finds Katniss
Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) in District 13 after she literally shatters the
games forever. Under the leadership of President Coin (Julianne Moore) and
the advice of her trusted friends, Katniss spreads her wings as she fights
to save Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) and a nation moved by her courage. The
Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 is directed by Francis Lawrence from a
screenplay by Danny Strong and Peter Craig and produced by Nina Jacobson's
Color Force in tandem with producer Jon Kilik. The novel on which the film
is based is the third in a trilogy written by Suzanne Collins that has over
65 million copies in print in the U.S. alone.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 sets up the franchise finale with a
penultimate chapter loaded with tension, solid performances, and smart
political subtext.

The Hunger Games 3: MOCKINGJAY (PT 1) (PG13)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

+++++++++++++++++++++
PENGUINSposter.jpg

PENGUINS OF MADAGASCAR (PG)   Family  (1 hr 32 min--not including 8 to 12
min of previews)

Super spy teams aren't born...they're hatched. Discover the secrets of the
greatest and most hilarious covert birds in the global espionage biz:
Skipper, Kowalski, Rico and Private. These elitists of the elite are joining
forces with a chic undercover organization, The North Wind. Led by handsome
and husky Agent Classified (we could tell you his name, but then...you
know), voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch. Together, they must stop the
villainous Dr. Octavius Brine, voiced by John Malkovich, from destroying the
world as we know it.

PENGUINS OF MADAGASCAR (PG)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (NO SHOWING)
SAT: (1:00)
SUN: (1:00)

+++++++++++++++++++++
MUSEUMposter.jpg

NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3: The Secret of the Tomb (PG)   Comedy  (1 hr 37 min
--not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
Get ready for the wildest and most adventure-filled Night At the Museum ever
as Larry (Ben Stiller) spans the globe, uniting favorite and new characters
while embarking on an epic quest to save the magic before it is gone
forever.

NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3: The Secret of the Tomb (PG)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
ADVANCE PREMIERE THURSDAY, NOV. 18th at 7:00 PM ONLY!!

(Regular Showtimes start Fri, Dec. 19th)
+++++++++++++++++++++
SkipOldPic.JPG

So, Summer is almost here!!
(Got your attention, didn't I?)
As the holiday movie season for 2014 enters our lives, please keep in mind
we only had 3 screens to work with, and about a dozen movies to choose from!
We did our best, after all the arguing amongst each other about choices.

BUT.rest assured, the movies we did NOT get to for Christmas, will be coming
back to us in January and February (if they are any good, that is! HaHaHa).

We'll have our Special Christmas newsletter next week, and then, once the
New Year is here and all the decorations put away.it's ALMOST Summer!!

(Who was it that once said "Summer is a state of mind"??
Why, I think it was the great philosophical hoo-hah Dr. Skippito
Hustonavitch!!)

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & operated 'hometown theater'
for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
Skippy 2nd Grade.bmp-Skippy Huston

Our Christmas Movie Pass & Gift Certificate options!!
Either come to our box-office or buy ONLINE from our website!!

CHRISTMAS2014.jpg