[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---AUG. 29th, 2014

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Aug 27 14:15:19 EDT 2014

WEEK OF FRIDAY, AUG. 29th thru THURSDAY,  SEPT. 4th ONLY!!
Check out our NEW & REDESIGNED website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

LIFE OF CRIME (R)  Comedy/Drama         (1hr 34 min--not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

Based on Elmore Leonard's novel "The Switch," LIFE OF CRIME is a dark caper comedy starring Jennifer Aniston, John Hawkes, Yasiin Bey, Will Forte, Mark Boone Junior, Isla Fisher and Tim Robbins. The wife (JENNIFER ANISTON) of a corrupt real estate developer (TIM ROBBINS) is kidnapped by two common criminals (yasiin bey and JOHN HAWKES), who intend to extort him with inside information about his crooked business and off-shore accounts. But the husband decides he'd actually rather not pay the ransom to get back his wife, setting off an unbelievable sequence of double crosses and plot twists that could only come from the mind of Elmore Leonard.
LIFE OF CRIME (R)
brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (5:00- 8:00
++++++++++++++++++++++
"ONE OF THE YEAR'S BEST MOVIES!!"
And...ONLY at THE AVON!!

BOYHOOD (R)   Drama  2 hr 45 min hrs   (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
Filmed over 12 years with the same cast, Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD is a groundbreaking story of growing up as seen through the eyes of a child named Mason (a breakthrough performance by Ellar Coltrane), who literally grows up on screen before our eyes. Starring Ethan Hawke and Patricia Arquette as Mason's parents and newcomer Lorelei Linklater as his sister Samantha, BOYHOOD charts the rocky terrain of childhood like no other film has before. Snapshots of adolescence from road trips and family dinners to birthdays and graduations and all the moments in between become transcendent, set to a soundtrack spanning the years from Coldplay's Yellow to Arcade Fire's Deep Blue. BOYHOOD is both a nostalgic time capsule of the recent past and an ode to growing up and parenting. It's impossible to watch Mason and his family without thinking about our own journey.
Epic in technical scale but breathlessly intimate in narrative scope, Boyhood is a sprawling investigation of the human condition.
BOYHOOD (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (3:30) - 7:00
SAT: (3:30) - 7:00
SUN: (3:30) ONLY!!
MON thru THURS: 6:30
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
HERE IS A DEFINITIVE "AVON MOVIE"!!!
NOW IN ITS 4th BIG WEEK!!

THE ONE-HUNDRED FOOT JOURNEY (PG) Comedy/Drama 2 hr 2 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
In "The Hundred-Foot Journey," Hassan Kadam (Manish Dayal) is a culinary ingénue with the gastronomic equivalent of perfect pitch. Displaced from their native India, the Kadam family, led by Papa (Om Puri), settles in the quaint village of Saint-Antonin-Noble-Val in the south of France. Filled with charm, it is both picturesque and elegant - the ideal place to settle down and open an Indian restaurant, the Maison Mumbai. That is, until the chilly chef proprietress of Le Saule Pleureur, a Michelin starred, classical French restaurant run by Madame Mallory (Academy Award (R)-winner Helen Mirren), gets wind of it. Her icy protests against the new Indian restaurant a hundred feet from her own, escalate to all out war between the two establishments - until Hassan's passion for French haute cuisine and for Mme. Mallory's enchanting sous chef, Marguerite (Charlotte Le Bon), combine with his mysteriously delicious talent to weave magic between their two cultures and imbue Saint-Antonin with the flavors of life that even Mme. Mallory cannot ignore. At first Mme. Mallory's culinary rival, she eventually recognizes Hassan's gift as a chef and takes him under her wing.
THE ONE-HUNDRED FOOT JOURNEY (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++

SAVE THE DATE: My birthday is Thursday, Aug. 28th!
Get those gifts of cash wrapped up and ready!!
I'll be 44 this year, so be kind to me as I approach my older years!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NEW FALL FILM CLASSES!!
Sign-up now for "AMERICANA AT THE MOVIES---PART 6"
Classes start at the Avon Sept. 11th thru Oct. 30th!
Flyers are in our lobbies right now!
HAPPY LABOR DAY, EVERYONE!!
The Avon Theater has been YOUR 'hometown theater' for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
-Skip Huston

THIS INCREDIBLE PROMOTION IS GOING ON NOW...
-TUESDAYS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!