[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---APRIL 18th, 2014

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Apr 16 12:42:19 EDT 2014

STARTS FRIDAY, APRIL 18th!!
YOU CAN FINALLY SEE IT AT THE AVON!!
ONE-WEEK-ONLY!!

WEEK OF FRIDAY, APRIL 18th thru THURSDAY, APRIL 24th  ONLY!!
Check out our funky-chic website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NOTE: SCHOOL IS OUT MONDAY, AND WE HAVE BARGAIN MATINEES!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

RIO 2 (G)   Comedy/ family 1 hr 40 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
It's a jungle out there for Blu, Jewel and their three kids in RIO 2, after they're hurtled from that magical city to the wilds of the Amazon. As Blu tries to fit in, he goes beak-to-beak with the vengeful Nigel, and meets the most fearsome adversary of all - his father-in-law. All our favorite RIO characters are back, and they're joined by Oscar (R) nominee Andy Garcia, Grammy (R) winner Bruno Mars, Tony (R) winner Kristin Chenoweth and Oscar/Emmy (R)/Tony winner Rita Moreno. RIO 2 also features new Brazilian artists and original music by Janelle Monae and Wondaland.
RIO 2 (G)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

MON: (3:30) - 6:30 (NO SCHOOL MATINEE DAY)
TUES thru THURS: 6:30
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CAPTAIN AMERICA: The Winter Soldier (PG13)  Action/Adventure 2 hr 16 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

Steve Rogers continues his journey as the super-powered American soldier who's grasping to find his place in a modern world after being frozen in ice since WWII with this Marvel Studios sequel. Chris Evans returns to star, with Community director/producers Joe and Anthony Russo helming.
CAPTAIN AMERICA: The Winter Soldier (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
MON: (4:00) - 7:15 (NO SCHOOL MATINEE DAY!)
TUES thru THURS: 7:15
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NOAH (PG13) Action/History 2 hr 19 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

Russell Crowe stars as Noah in the film inspired by the epic story of courage, sacrifice and hope. Directed by visionary filmmaker Darren Aronofsky .
With sweeping visuals grounded by strong performances in service of a timeless tale told on a human scale, Darren Aronofsky's Noah brings the Bible epic into the 21st century.
NOAH (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
MON: (4:00) - 7:15 (NO SCHOOL MATINEE DAY)
TUES thru THURS: 7:15
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mr. & Mrs. Head Honcho Last Summer

SUMMER FILM CLASSES RESUME!! HERE'S THE INFO!
READ CAREFULLY, THESE ARE NOT THROUGH RICHLAND!!
It looks like if all of you who contacted me about resuming film class this summer will enroll, we have the amount it takes to make it happen!

And, what can you expect from our OVERLOOKED FILMS series this summer?
There will be a very interesting division between brand new movies that didn't get the notice they should have (and, thus, never played the area) and a couple older movies that seem to have fallen between the cracks of time.

Remember: The OVERLOOKED FILMS series is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're going to get!

In the past 13 years, we've offered dramas, westerns, science fiction, musicals, epics---you know what I'm talking about!
This will be 8 Thursdays of screenings and discussions afterward, all shown on our new digital systems that look just like a real night at the movies!

WHEN??: THURSDAY, JUNE 12th thru THURSDAY, JULY 31st
WHERE??: The Avon Theaters!
TIMES??: We always start at 6:30 (or thereabouts).
PRICE??: $80 for 8 weeks of film buff heaven!
HOW TO PAY??: These are NOT through Richland this time, so you will need to pay the Avon directly.
Please do not wait until the first night to pay, as we need to make sure we have the minimum for this class to go forward.
It would be best to pay NOW or as soon as possible.

CHECKS SHOULD BE MADE OUT TO: Theater Management Group LLC, NOT to The Avon Theater.
You can also pay by cash or credit/debit card.
When you come in to pay, please print out this sheet and fill out this simple form:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NAME:                                                              ADDRESS:
EMAIL ADDRESS:                                             PHONE:
METHOD OF PAYMENT:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Give the payment and the completed form to either me, Ashley, Sue, Bridget or Hannah.
Many of the time constraints and distractions that had caused me to stop doing classes last Fall (after 13 years) have been lessened now, and I am certainly ready to get back into it!

I hope to see you all!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
BUY AND SPEND WITH LOCALLY-OWNED!!
Restaurants, retail stores, movie theaters, etc., there are plenty of locally-owned establishments you should patronize BEFORE giving your hard-earned money to some faceless out-of-town corporate HQ that couldn't care less about you or our community.
DECATUR IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Come See Us this Weekend!!
I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
-Skip Huston
NO DOUBT ABOUT IT...
THE GREATEST CAST ON EARTH!!!

JULY 2013. (New Picture Coming This Summer!)
Hi, Mom....I miss you. (Sally Huston 1926-2014)