[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---APRIL 11th, 2014

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Apr 9 13:34:45 EDT 2014

STARTS THURSDAY, APRIL 10th!!
ADVANCE PREMIERE AT 8:00 PM ONLY!!

WEEK OF FRIDAY, APRIL 11th thru THURSDAY, APRIL 17th  ONLY!!
Check out our funky-chic website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ADVANCE PREMIERE THURSDAY, APRIL 10th at 8:00 PM ONLY!!

RIO 2 (G)   Comedy/ family 1 hr 40 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
It's a jungle out there for Blu, Jewel and their three kids in RIO 2, after they're hurtled from that magical city to the wilds of the Amazon. As Blu tries to fit in, he goes beak-to-beak with the vengeful Nigel, and meets the most fearsome adversary of all - his father-in-law. All our favorite RIO characters are back, and they're joined by Oscar (R) nominee Andy Garcia, Grammy (R) winner Bruno Mars, Tony (R) winner Kristin Chenoweth and Oscar/Emmy (R)/Tony winner Rita Moreno. RIO 2 also features new Brazilian artists and original music by Janelle Monae and Wondaland.
RIO 2 (G)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
ADVANCE PREMIERE THURSDAY, APRIL 10th : 8:00 PM ONLY!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CAPTAIN AMERICA: The Winter Soldier (PG13)  Action/Adventure 2 hr 16 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

Steve Rogers continues his journey as the super-powered American soldier who's grasping to find his place in a modern world after being frozen in ice since WWII with this Marvel Studios sequel. Chris Evans returns to star, with Community director/producers Joe and Anthony Russo helming.
CAPTAIN AMERICA: The Winter Soldier (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL (R)   Comedy 1 hr 40 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL recounts the adventures of Gustave H, a legendary concierge at a famous European hotel between the wars, and Zero Moustafa, the lobby boy who becomes his most trusted friend. The story involves the theft and recovery of a priceless Renaissance painting and the battle for an enormous family fortune -- all against the back-drop ofa suddenly and dramatically changing Continent.
Typically stylish but deceptively thoughtful, The Grand Budapest Hotel finds Wes Anderson once again using ornate visual environments to explore deeply emotional ideas.
THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last week I mentioned I "might" be considering resuming my film classes this summer and doing my "OVERLOOKED FILMS" series that were the most popular of my 13 year time teaching for Richland.
I got a LOT of emails from you saying to you would enroll if I started doing them again!
I'm trying to build a film class email list, so, if any of you have NOT emailed me and expressed your interest, please do so now....
Just email me at Skip at theAvon.com and say you will be there if I do them!
(They'll probably start in mid-June and go for 8 weeks of Thursdays at 6:30 pm).
SOOOOOOO, let me know!
(If you have already emailed me, there's no need to do it again; I got your info and will contact you when plans are solid.)
These classes will NOT be through Richland, but administered through the Avon itself.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SOME SERIOUS STUFF HERE...
As more and more people 'discover' the Avon, and realize what a superior experience it is in every aspect as compared to the "other guys", we are bound to get those who are used to the "anything goes" attitude of those other theaters when it comes to cell phones, texting, talking and other disruptive behavior. We hear horror stories about things that happen at the "other guys" all the time!
It is the obnoxious cretins that ruin it for everyone, and the Avon has a "zero tolerance" policy about such things.
BUT...we can't monitor the auditoriums all the time, and we need YOU to report any of these transgressions to us immediately!

Many of you have witnessed any number of our girls become 'Avenging Angels', and stick a flashlight in some cell phone moron's face and say "Turn it off, or get out!".
They are trained to do that, and I will not tolerate any shirking by them of this very important job duty!
(If I find out there was no action taken on our employee's part, they have to deal with me and Ashley, and that is not a welcome experience for them!)

So, the bottom line is: If there is a problem of any sort in the theaters; cell phones, texting, talking, sound not loud enough (or too loud), room temp too hot or too cold; PLEASE TELL US AT ONCE!!

UNLIKE SOME "OTHER GUYS", WE WILL FIX A PROBLEM IF WE ARE INFORMED OF IT!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
BUY AND SPEND LOCALLY!!
Restaurants, retail stores, movie theaters, etc., there are plenty of locally-owned establishments you should patronize BEFORE sending your money out of town to some faceless corporate HQ that couldn't care less about our community.
DECATUR IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Come See Us this Weekend!!
I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
-Skip Huston
NO DOUBT ABOUT IT...
THE GREATEST CAST ON EARTH!!!

JULY 2013. (New Picture Coming This Summer!)
Hi, Mom....I miss you.

HERE'S A PICTURE OF ONE OF THE TWO AUDITORIUMS IN OUR NEW PLACE IN STERLING, ILLINOIS!!
The 'cabaret' section is even larger, but this gives you an idea.

Photo courtesy of Mr. Popcorn guru Melissa Rinchiuso