[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---APRIL 4th, 2014

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Apr 3 14:50:47 EDT 2014

WEEK OF FRIDAY, APRIL 4th thru THURSDAY, APRIL 10th  ONLY!!
Check out our funky-chic website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!
Rio 2 (G)
Thu: 8:00 PM (April 10th Early Premiere)

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (PG-13)
NOTE: EXTENDED SHOWTIMES!!
Fri: (4:15), 7:30, 8:30
Sat & Sun: (1:00), (2:00), (4:15), 7:30, 8:30
Mon - Thu: 7:15 PM

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (PG-13)
Fri - Sun: (5:15 PM) (3D SHOWS ONLY!! 3D Upcharge only $2.00)

The Grand Budapest Hotel (R)
Fri: (5:00), 8:00
Sat & Sun: (2:00), (5:00), 8:00
Mon - Thu: 7:30 PM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CAPTAIN AMERICA: The Winter Soldier (PG13)  Action/Adventure 2 hr 16 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

Steve Rogers continues his journey as the super-powered American soldier who's grasping to find his place in a modern world after being frozen in ice since WWII with this Marvel Studios sequel. Chris Evans returns to star, with Community director/producers Joe and Anthony Russo helming.
CAPTAIN AMERICA: The Winter Soldier (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
2D SHOWINGS: (NOTE EXTENDED SHOWTIMES!)
FRI: (4:15) - (5:15 3D) - 7:30 - 8:30
SAT & SUN: (1:00) - (2:00) - (4:15) - (5:15 3D) - 7:30 - 8:30
MON thru THURS: 7:15

3D SHOWINGS: (ONLY $2.00 3D UPCHARGE! THE "OTHER GUYS" CHARGE $3.50!!)
FRI, SAT & SUN: (5:15 3D)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL (R)   Comedy 1 hr 40 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL recounts the adventures of Gustave H, a legendary concierge at a famous European hotel between the wars, and Zero Moustafa, the lobby boy who becomes his most trusted friend. The story involves the theft and recovery of a priceless Renaissance painting and the battle for an enormous family fortune -- all against the back-drop ofa suddenly and dramatically changing Continent.
Typically stylish but deceptively thoughtful, The Grand Budapest Hotel finds Wes Anderson once again using ornate visual environments to explore deeply emotional ideas.
THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ADVANCE PREMIERE THURSDAY, APRIL 10th at 8:00 PM ONLY!!

RIO 2 (G)   Comedy/ family 1 hr 40 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
It's a jungle out there for Blu, Jewel and their three kids in RIO 2, after they're hurtled from that magical city to the wilds of the Amazon. As Blu tries to fit in, he goes beak-to-beak with the vengeful Nigel, and meets the most fearsome adversary of all - his father-in-law. All our favorite RIO characters are back, and they're joined by Oscar (R) nominee Andy Garcia, Grammy (R) winner Bruno Mars, Tony (R) winner Kristin Chenoweth and Oscar/Emmy (R)/Tony winner Rita Moreno. RIO 2 also features new Brazilian artists and original music by Janelle Monae and Wondaland.
RIO 2 (G)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
ADVANCE PREMIERE THURSDAY, APRIL 10th : 8:00 PM ONLY!!
(Next Week's Showtimes TBA)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ok, I know there are a lot of my film students out there reading this right now...
So: Howdy!
Do you want me to resume my film classes this summer?
I had ceased doing my classes for Richland last Fall when it just became too much for me to do after 13 years...
-What with our new theater/bar/restaurant in Sterling, Illinois, and the constant demands of the Avon, plus...I'm not getting any younger!
(In another year I'll be 40!)

Soooooo: I'm seriously thinking about doing my most popular class "OVERLOOKED FILMS" this summer!
It would probably start in mid-June and run until early August.

ARE YOU INTERESTED??
If not, then I'm just gonna forget about it....
BUT...IF YOU ARE INTERESTED...
EMAIL ME AT: Skip at theAvon.com and say you will enroll if I do them, ok???
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
BUY AND SPEND LOCALLY!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Come See Us this Weekend!!
The corn is popping; the REAL butter is melting; and we're looking for YOU!!
-Skip Huston
NO DOUBT ABOUT IT...
THE GREATEST CAST ON EARTH!!!

JULY 2013. (New Picture Coming This Summer!)
Hi, Mom....I miss you.

HERE'S A PICTURE OF ONE OF THE TWO AUDITORIUMS IN OUR NEW PLACE IN STERLING, ILLINOIS!!
The 'cabaret' section is even larger, but this gives you an idea.

Photo courtesy of Mr. Popcorn guru Melissa Rinchiuso