[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---NOV. 8th, 2013

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Nov 6 13:58:43 EST 2013

THURSDAY, NOV. 7th at 8:00 PM PREMIERE!!
PREMIERE IN 3D ONLY!!

WEEK OF FRIDAY,  NOV. 8th  thru THURSDAY,  NOV. 14th  ONLY!!
Check out our groovin' website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

OPENING:
 STARTS, THURS, NOV. 7th @ 8:00 PM: THOR--The Dark World 3D (PG13) Thor is BACK in a new rousing adventure! In 3D or 2D, your choice!

CURRENTLY SHOWING:
 ENDER'S GAME (PG13) Harrison Ford and a huge cast in the adaptation of the popular book. ENDS WEDNESDAY!!

 LAST VEGAS (PG13) Michael Douglas, Morgan Freeman, Kevin Kline, Robert DeNiro, Mary Steenburgen, and more (WOW!) in a comedy about some seniors loose in Sin City!

COMING  SOON:
  FRI, NOV.15th: 12 YEARS A SLAVE (R) The most talked-about film of the year! And its ONLY at THE AVON!!

 STARTS THURS, NOV.21st @ 8:00 PM: THE HUNGER GAMES--Catching Fire (PG13) The long-awaited sequel! 'nuff said?
 STARTS WED, NOV. 27th: FROZEN (PG) A family delight just in time for Thanksgiving!!

...LOTS MORE GREAT MOVIES TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NOTE EXTENDED SHOWTIMES FOR VETERAN'S DAY HOLIDAY!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
EARLY PREMIERE THURS, NOV. 7th @ 8:00 PM!!

THOR: THE DARK WORLD 3D (PG13)  Action/Adventure 112 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.
THOR: THE DARK WORLD (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
THURS, NOV. 7th PREMIERE AT 8:00 PM 3D ONLY!!
3D SHOWTIMES (3D Upcharge only $2.00---lots less than those "other guys")
NOTE: EXTENDED SHOWTIMES THIS WEEKEND!!
FRI: (5:00) -  8:00
SAT,SUN & MON: (2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
TUES, WED & THURS: 7:15

2D SHOWTIMES (All Shows $6.50)
NOTE: EXTENDED SHOWTIMES THIS WEEKEND!!
FRI, SAT, SUN & MON: (5:00)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

LAST VEGAS (PG13)  Comedy 105 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
"PERFECT FOR THE AVON CROWD!!"---Dr. Skippy P. Hustonovitch
Billy (Michael Douglas), Paddy (Robert De Niro), Archie (Morgan Freeman) and Sam (Kevin Kline) have been best friends since childhood. So when Billy, the group's sworn bachelor, finally proposes to his thirty-something (of course) girlfriend, the four head to Las Vegas with a plan to stop acting their age and relive their glory days. However, upon arriving, the four quickly realize that the decades have transformed Sin City and tested their friendship in ways they never imagined. The Rat Pack may have once played the Sands and Cirque du Soleil may now rule the Strip, but it's these four who are taking over Vegas.
LAST VEGAS (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
NOTE: EXTENDED SHOWTIMES THIS WEEKEND!!
FRI: (4:00) - 7:00
SAT, SUN & MON: (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
TUES, WED & THURS: 6:30
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ENDER'S GAME (PG13)  Action/Adventure 114 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
In the near future, a hostile alien race (called the Formics) have attacked Earth. If not for the legendary heroics of International Fleet Commander Mazer Rackham (Ben Kingsley), all would have been lost. In preparation for the next attack, the highly esteemed Colonel Hyrum Graff (Harrison Ford) and the International Military are training only the best young children to find the future Mazer. Ender Wiggin (Asa Butterfield), a shy, but strategically brilliant boy is pulled out of his school to join the elite. Arriving at Battle School, Ender quickly and easily masters increasingly difficult war games, distinguishing himself and winning respect amongst his peers. Ender is soon ordained by Graff as the military's next great hope, resulting in his promotion to Command School. Once there, he's trained by Mazer Rackham, himself, to lead his fellow soldiers into an epic battle that will determine the future of Earth and save the human race. Based on the best-selling, award winning novel, ENDER'S GAME is an epic adventure which stars Asa Butterfield, Hailee Steinfeld, Ben Kingsley, Viola Davis, with Abigail Breslin and Harrison Ford.
ENDER'S GAME (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
NOTE: EXTENDED SHOWTIMES THIS WEEKEND!!
FRI:  8:00
SAT, SUN & MON: (2:00) - 8:00
TUES & WED: 7:15 (ENDS WEDNESDAY)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WOWEEE!
The holiday movie season is on us big-time, and we're scrambling make sure our booking choices are perfect for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend (which is traditionally one of the biggest movie weekends of the year---no foolin'!)

When our booking agent told us we could have the lightning rod 12 YEARS A SLAVE (R) on an EXCLUSIVE (that means the "other guys" won't get it) basis....well, do you think I hesitated?

Starting this weekend with THOR: The Dark World 3D (PG13), November is a "lock" right now with that, and 12 YEARS A SLAVE (R), and the new chapter of THE HUNGER GAMES: Catching Fire (PG13) and then... right before Turkey day, Disney's wonderful new family film FROZEN (PG).

WHEW! There isn't room for anything else until December, and the dates there are filling up fast too!

After an admittedly tepid late summer and early Fall, the rest of the year is jam-packed with good ones!
(Or as we like to say: "good'uns" HaHaHa)
Come See Us this Weekend!
-We're Looking for you and you and...YOU!
-Skip Huston