[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS----MAY 31st, 2013

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu May 30 12:36:18 EDT 2013

WEEK OF FRIDAY,  MAY 31st  thru THURSDAY,  JUNE 6th ONLY!!
Check out our super-groovy website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR NEW "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

OPENING:
THURS, MAY 30th! EARLY PREMIERE AT 7:00 PM!! NOW YOU SEE ME (PG13) Astounding cast, and a fun story!!

PLAYING NOW:
 STAR TREK: INTO DARKNESS (PG13) The newest installment of the legendary series!
 THE HANGOVER PART 3 (R) The boys are STILL in trouble! This is the final of the trilogy!

COMING SOON:
 JUNE 7th: THE INTERNSHIP (PG13) Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson! Just that is enough for FUNNY!!
 JUNE 14th: MAN OF STEEL  (PG13) WOW!! Superman is back! With a jaw-dropping cast too!
 JUNE 21st: WORLD WAR Z (PG13) Brad Pitt battles a new kind of enemy! ZOMBIES!!
 JUNE 28th: HEAT (R) Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy in a raunchy laugh-fest that will be the talk of the summer!
 ...AND LOTS MORE GREAT MOVIES!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++

NOW YOU SEE ME (PG13)    Comedy / Thriller  1 hr. 41 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
NOW YOU SEE ME pits an elite FBI squad in a game of cat and mouse against "The Four Horsemen", a super-team of the world's greatest illusionists. "The Four Horsemen" pull off a series of daring heists against corrupt business leaders during their performances, showering the stolen profits on their audiences while staying one step ahead of the law.
An incredible cast including MORGAN FREEMAN, MICHAEL CAINE, MARK RUFFALO, JESSE EISENBERG and MORE!!!
NOW YOU SEE ME (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++

THE HANGOVER -- PART 3 (R) Comedy 1 hr. 40 min.  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
"The Hangover Part III" is the third and final film in director Todd Phillips' record-shattering comedy franchise. This time, there's no wedding. No bachelor party. What could go wrong, right? But when the Wolfpack hits the road, all bets are off.
THE HANGOVER -- PART 3 (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

STAR TREK:  INTO DARKNESS  (PG13)   Action / Sci-Fi  2 hr. 12 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
In Summer 2013, pioneering director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes 'Star Trek Into Darkness.' When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis. With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.
STAR TREK: INTO DARKNESS (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

RUMOR CONTROL!! ALERT! ALERT! (insert sirens wailing here)
So, the latest rumor from those "haters" that (unfortunately) share our city with the decent people is this:
"The Avon is going out of business!"  WRONG!!

In the first place, how anyone could find such glee in spreading that kind of counter-productive filth in a city that has the highest unemployment rate in a state that itself is the highest unemployment rate in the country (and what does that really say?) is beyond my comprehension...

But, you know how rumors are!
(I heard one the other day that whomever the mouth-breather is who put ANGLED PARKING back into downtown Decatur
 is going to be pelted with live hamsters and hedgehogs while tied to a post in central park!)

But, just to reassure all of you good folks who were concerned (and, to pop the bubble of the "haters" who love to soil their nest at every opportunity): WE ARE GOING TO BE HERE FOR AS LONG AS YOU KEEP COMING!!

The big difference in THIS rumor against many others is this: I KNOW the source of this rumor!
All I can say is:
I have seen ample proof over the past 16 years that God loves the Avon.
The "source" of this rumor will have to face their maker someday, and I wouldn't want to be in that room!

'nuff said.
We're here.
We're gonna' be here.
If anyone tells you this rumor, set them straight.
Thanks!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Avon's New Sensation!! The FREE "Shake n Share" popcorn tub lid & bowl!
Take a look below...

Come See Me This Weekend!
I'm looking for you and you and....YOU!!
-Skip Huston

OPENING SUMMER 2013 IN DOWNTOWN STERLING!!
BEER - WINE - MOVIES - FOOD!!
Two screens of all digital, 3D capability!
In-theater dining!
Dancing bears every night! (well, maybe not...)