[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS----JUNE 14th, 2013

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Jun 13 11:17:16 EDT 2013

MIDNIGHT!! JUNE 13th (Friday morning, actually...)
THE BIGGEST MOVIE OF THE SUMMER!!!
TICKETS FOR MIDNIGHT SHOW ON SALE NOW!!!

WEEK OF FRIDAY,  JUNE 14th  thru THURSDAY,  JUNE 20th ONLY!!
Check out our super-groovy website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR NEW "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

OPENING:
 MIDNIGHT!! THURS, JUNE 13th:  MAN OF STEEL  (PG13) WOW!! Superman is back! With a jaw-dropping cast too!

 THURS, JUNE 20th: MONSTERS UNIVERSITY  (G) The BIG Pixar family film for the Summer!

PLAYING NOW:
 NOW YOU SEE ME (PG13) Astounding cast, and a fun story!!
 THE INTERNSHIP (PG13) Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson! Just that alone is enough for FUNNY!!

COMING SOON:
 JUNE 21st: WORLD WAR Z (PG13) Brad Pitt battles a new kind of enemy! ZOMBIES!!

 ...AND LOTS MORE GREAT MOVIES TO BE ANNOUNCED!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++

MAN OF STEEL (PG13) Action / Adventure 2 hrs 28 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
A young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.
MAN OF STEEL (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE INTERNSHIP (PG13) Comedy 1 hr. 59 min.  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
Wedding Crashers duo Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn reteam on this Shawn Levy-directed comedy as two out of work salesmen who have to compete as interns in a tech company in order to score a job.
THE INTERNSHIP (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
MON, TUES & WED: 6:30 (ENDS WED)
+++++++++++++++++++++++

NOW YOU SEE ME (PG13)    Comedy / Thriller  1 hr. 41 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
NOW YOU SEE ME pits an elite FBI squad in a game of cat and mouse against "The Four Horsemen", a super-team of the world's greatest illusionists. "The Four Horsemen" pull off a series of daring heists against corrupt business leaders during their performances, showering the stolen profits on their audiences while staying one step ahead of the law.
An incredible cast including MORGAN FREEMAN, MICHAEL CAINE, MARK RUFFALO, JESSE EISENBERG and MORE!!!
NOW YOU SEE ME (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
MON, TUES & WED: 6:45 (ENDS WED)
+++++++++++++++++++++++

MONSTERS UNIVERSITY  (G)  (Family / Animation 1 hr. 50 min not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)

Mike Wazowski and James P. Sullivan are an inseparable pair, but that wasn't always the case. From the moment these two mismatched monsters met they couldn't stand each other. "Monsters University" unlocks the door to how Mike and Sulley overcame their differences and became the best of friends.
MONSTERS UNIVERSITY (G)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 8:00
(Next week's showtimes TBA)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Richland-at-the-Avon Film Classes Resume TONIGHT! (Thurs, June 13th)
That's right, folks! The 13 year tradition of the Richland-at-the-Avon Film Classes presents the final edition of the most popular class series "OVERLOOKED FILMS". These are movies that, for some reason or another, just fell between the cracks!

As I have for the past 12 odd years of "OVERLOOKED", I will try to find you your next "favorite" movie!
And, "Overlooked" can be anything!
Comedy, Drama, Musical, Western, Mysteries, Epics....
As long as its "OVERLOOKED" and a quality film, I am searching right now for the "right" 8 movies to present and discuss!

Join me and a whole lot of nice people for the 8 weeks of our Summer 2013 final session of "OVERLOOKED FILMS".

Flyers and enrollment forms are in our lobbies!
You can sign up the first night at the theater too!
Classes are at 6:30 every Thursday starting June 13th for 8 weeks!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Avon's Exclusive New Sensation!! The FREE "Shake n Share" popcorn tub lid & bowl!
Take a look below...

++++++++++++++++++++
WELCOME HOME!!
 Our long-time (6 years!) General Manager, Ashley Petty, from a vacation in England and France!
 Team Leader, Bridget Spitzer, from a trip to the Galapagos Islands and the Ecuadorian rainforest!

As for the Head Honcho?? He takes all his vacations in the paradise called AVONIA!!

Come See Me This Weekend!
I'm looking for you and you and....YOU!!
-Skip Huston

OPENING SUMMER 2013 IN DOWNTOWN STERLING!!
BEER - WINE - MOVIES - FOOD!!
Two screens of all digital and RealD 3D!
In-Theater dining!
Totally groovy awesomeness!