[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---JULY 19th, 2013

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Jul 18 12:24:32 EDT 2013

STARTS THURSDAY, JULY 18th!!

WEEK OF FRIDAY,  JULY 19th  thru THURSDAY,  JULY 25th ONLY!!
Check out our coolness website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR NEW "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

OPENING:

 EARLY PREMIERE THURS, JULY 18th: RED 2  (PG13) The rip-roaring sequel to the surprise hit from a few years ago! Helen Mirren, Bruce Willis, John Malkovich and more!!

  EARLY PREMIERE THURS, JULY 25th: THE WOLVERINE (PG13) Hugh Jackman in this anticipated thriller!!!

PLAYING NOW:
 THE HEAT (R) Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy will split your sides with funny!
 PACIFIC RIM (PG13) The spectacular battle of huge robots fighting big threatening monsters!

COMING SOON:
 JULY 26th:  THE WAY, WAY BACK (PG13) A delightful coming-of-age comedy with Steve Carell and Toni Collette!

 ...AND LOTS MORE GREAT MOVIES SOON TO BE ANNOUNCED!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++

RED 2 (PG13)  Action / Comedy 1hr 40 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
In RED 2, the high-octane action-comedy sequel to the worldwide sleeper hit, retired black-ops CIA agent Frank Moses reunites his unlikely team of elite operatives for a global quest to track down a missing portable nuclear device. To succeed, they'll need to survive an army of relentless assassins, ruthless terrorists and power-crazed government officials, all eager to get their hands on the next-generation weapon. The mission takes Frank and his motley crew to Paris, London and Moscow. Outgunned and outmanned, they have only their cunning wits, their old-school skills, and each other to rely on as they try to save the world-and stay alive in the process.
RED 2 (PG13)
EARLY PREMIERE THURSDAY, JULY 18th at 7:00 PM ONLY!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++

PACIFIC RIM (PG13)  Action / Thriller/    2 hr. 11 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanities resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heros a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi) who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind's last hope against the mounting apocalypse.
PACIFIC RIM (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++
FINAL WEEK!! SEE IT AGAIN, OR FOR THE FIRST TIME!!
IT'S ALWAYS FUN!!

THE HEAT (R) Action / Comedy 1hrs 57 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
Uptight FBI Special Agent Sarah Ashburn (Sandra Bullock) and foul-mouthed Boston cop Shannon Mullins (Melissa McCarthy) couldn't be more incompatible. But when they join forces to bring down a ruthless drug lord, they become the last thing anyone expected: buddies. From Paul Feig, director of 'Bridesmaids.'
THE HEAT (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE WOLVERINE (PG13)  Action / Thriller 2hr 6 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
In modern day Japan, Wolverine is out of his depth in an unknown world as he faces his ultimate nemesis in a life-or-death battle that will leave him forever changed. Vulnerable for the first time and pushed to his physical and emotional limits, he confronts not only lethal samurai steel but also his inner struggle against his own immortality, emerging more powerful than we have ever seen him before.
THE  WOLVERINE (PG13)
EARLY PREMIERE THURSDAY, JULY 25th at 10:00 PM ONLY!!
(REGULAR SHOWTIMES START FRI, JULY 26th)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The media is filled with rants about what a strange movie summer its been, and I wouldn't disagree...
What isn't working this summer is the same ol', same 'ol!

Since we at the Avon consider our clientele a "cut above" the typical mall-movie goer, we hate it when we can't play the 'upscale' films we are famous for!
BUT...Summer is NOT a good time for those 'Avon-type' movies!

Fall and Winter is the best time for the Avon movies, with TWO notable exceptions this summer....

On July 26th we will have the EXCLUSIVE run of "The Way Way Back" (PG13), and this is a movie that will please ALL Avon customers!

Then, in mid August, just about the time we blew our doors off with "The Help" a few years ago, we'll play "The Butler", and that one should do for us what "The Help" did a couple years ago.

So, don't despair, hope is coming yet this summer with a couple good "Avon movies"!!
Come See Me This Weekend!
I'm looking for you and you and....YOU!!
-Skip Huston