[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---JULY 12th, 2013

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Jul 11 01:06:27 EDT 2013

STARTS FRIDAY, JULY 12th!!

WEEK OF FRIDAY,  JULY 12th  thru THURSDAY,  JULY 18th ONLY!!
Check out our ga-roovy website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR NEW "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

OPENING:

 PACIFIC RIM (PG13) The spectacular battle of huge robots fighting big threatening monsters!
 EARLY PREMIERE THURS, JULY 18th: RED 2  (PG13) The rip-roaring sequel to the surprise hit from a few years ago! Helen Mirren, Bruce Willis, John Malkovich and more!!

PLAYING NOW:
 THE HEAT (R) Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy will split your sides with funny!
 THE LONE RANGER (PG13) The legend returns in this slam-bang action fest! Johnny Depp as Tonto!

COMING SOON:
 JULY 26th:  WAY, WAY BACK (PG13) A delightful coming-of-age comedy with Steve Carell and Toni Collette!
 JULY 26th: THE WOLVERINE (PG13) Hugh Jackman in this anticipated thriller!!!

 ...AND LOTS MORE GREAT MOVIES SOON TO BE ANNOUNCED!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++

PACIFIC RIM (PG13)  Action / Thriller/    2 hr. 11 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanities resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heros a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi) who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind's last hope against the mounting apocalypse.
PACIFIC RIM (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++

THE LONE RANGER (PG13)    Action / Thriller/ Western   2 hr. 26 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
Native American spirit warrior Tonto (Johnny Depp) and man of the law John Reid (Armie Hammer) are opposites brought together by fate and must join forces to battle greed and corruption.
THE LONE RANGER (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

+++++++++++++++++++++++

THE HEAT (R) Action / Comedy 1hrs 57 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
Uptight FBI Special Agent Sarah Ashburn (Sandra Bullock) and foul-mouthed Boston cop Shannon Mullins (Melissa McCarthy) couldn't be more incompatible. But when they join forces to bring down a ruthless drug lord, they become the last thing anyone expected: buddies. From Paul Feig, director of 'Bridesmaids.'
THE HEAT (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

RED 2 (PG13)  Action / Comedy 1hr 40 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
In RED 2, the high-octane action-comedy sequel to the worldwide sleeper hit, retired black-ops CIA agent Frank Moses reunites his unlikely team of elite operatives for a global quest to track down a missing portable nuclear device. To succeed, they'll need to survive an army of relentless assassins, ruthless terrorists and power-crazed government officials, all eager to get their hands on the next-generation weapon. The mission takes Frank and his motley crew to Paris, London and Moscow. Outgunned and outmanned, they have only their cunning wits, their old-school skills, and each other to rely on as they try to save the world-and stay alive in the process.
 RED 2 (PG13)
EARLY PREMIERE THURSDAY, JULY 18th at 7:00 PM ONLY!!
(REGULAR SHOWTIMES START FRI, JULY 19th)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Believe it or not, I have nothing to rave and rant about this week...
(Other than what seems to be a total dud of a summer, too cold and rainy for me!)

You've all heard me grouse incessantly about the weather, so, I'll spare you....this time.
I guess it makes for good movie-going weather, and for that I should be thankful.
But, I'm just hoping we can see a good 6 or 7 weeks of HOT and DRY "pool weather" soon, before its too late!
++++++++++++++++++++++
Come See Me This Weekend!
I'm looking for you and you and....YOU!!
-Skip Huston

OPENING SUMMER 2013 IN DOWNTOWN STERLING!!
THE NEW STERLING THEATER
BEER - WINE - MOVIES - FOOD!!
Twin screens of all digital and RealD 3D!
-In-Theater dining!
"That 'Avon Theater Excellence' Now Also in Northern Illinois!"