[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS----FEB. 22nd, 2013

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Tue Feb 19 15:15:09 EST 2013

EARLY ISSUE THIS WEEK!!

WEEK OF FRIDAY,  FEB. 22nd  thru THURSDAY,  FEB. 28th  ONLY!!
Check out our ultra-groovy website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR NEW "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

PLAYING NOW:
  SAFE HAVEN (PG13) Looking for the perfect romantic movie? This is it!
  A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD (DIE HARD 5) (R) Bruce Willis is back in the role you like him best in!
  BEAUTIFUL CREATURES (PG13) Love & Witchcraft in the gothic deep South! Great cast!

COMING SOON:
  MARCH 1st:  JACK THE GIANT SLAYER (PG13) A new take on an old, old story!
  MARCH 8th: THE IMPOSSIBLE (PG13)  The award-winning movie finally come to Decatur!!
  MARCH 8th: OZ: THE GREAT AND POWERFUL (PG) So, what happened BEFORE Dorothy got to OZ?? Find out!

...and MORE coming as we fill in the dates!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

SAFE HAVEN  (PG13)    Romance/ Drama  1 hr. 55 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
An affirming and suspenseful story about a young woman's struggle to love again, Safe Haven is based on the novel from Nicholas Sparks, the best-selling author behind the hit films The Notebook and Dear John. When a mysterious young woman arrives in a small North Carolina town, her reluctance to join the tight knit community raises questions about her past. Slowly, she begins putting down roots, and gains the courage to start a relationship with Alex, a widowed store owner with two young children. But dark secrets intrude on her new life with such terror that she is forced to rediscover the meaning of sacrifice and rely on the power of love in this deeply moving romantic thriller.
SAFE HAVEN (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++

DIE HARD 5 (A Good Day to Die Hard)  (R)    Action/Adventure 97 min.  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
Iconoclastic, take-no-prisoners cop John McClane, for the first time, finds himself on foreign soil after traveling to Moscow to help his wayward son Jack - unaware that Jack is really a highly-trained CIA operative out to stop a nuclear weapons heist. With the Russian underworld in pursuit, and battling a countdown to war, the two McClanes discover that their opposing methods make them unstoppable heroes.
DIE HARD 5 (A Good Day to Die Hard) (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++

BEAUTIFUL CREATURES  (PG13)    Supernatural/Romance 122 min.  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
A supernatural love story set in the South, "Beautiful Creatures" tells the tale of two star-crossed lovers: Ethan (Alden Ehrenreich), a young man longing to escape his small town, and Lena (Alice Englert), a mysterious new girl. Together, they uncover dark secrets about their respective families, their history and their town. (c) WB
BEAUTIFUL CREATURES (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++

Where do YOU get showtimes for the movies you want to see?
>From Yahoo? MovieFone? Flixster?
You should be aware these "web crawlers" are not always correct!

Just this past weekend, we must've had at least 8 people who had incorrect showtime info from Flixster!
The problem is: There is NO way we can correct wrong info on those sites!
(And back in the dusty olden days of newspaper advertising, it was even worse. Showtimes were frequently miscommunicated, resulting in mass confusion.
Fortunately, most folks realize the theaters in this area don't put their showtimes in the local newspapers any longer, so that problem has been solved.)

Your best bet is to always check OUR website www.theAvon.com or call our hotline at (217) 422-8151 or check our FaceBook page!
We have full control of those sites, and, in the event of an error, we can fix it immediately!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
PARKING GARAGE QUESTIONS??
There seem to be some questions as to just what are the current parking policies for the garage located directly across the street from the Avon...
Basically, and there are some, admittedly, pretty small signs posted in the garage that spell this out:
A.) Mon thru Fri from 6 am to 5 pm, the garage is solely used by ADM employees.
B.) Mon thru Fri from 6 am to 5pm, Regions Bank, in coordination with ADM, has use only of the slots that have their signs posted.
C.) That means Mon thru Fri after 5 pm and SATURDAY & SUNDAY ALL DAY, it is free for use by YOU, the taxpayers that actually paid for the garage!
So...you can see these rules are not as draconian as they first appear. It only affects Avon customers on Friday matinees, and in the rare chance we do weekday shows along with our week night ones.
Those of you lucky enough to be in my current Richland-at-the-Avon film classes, don't forget we meet this Thursday as usual at 6:30!
Please keep in mind the Avon has a "zero tolerance" policy on cell phone usage, texting and/or disruptive behavior.
If anyone ever interferes with your enjoyment of a movie, all you have to do is quickly tell one of our girls.
Even though they may look like cute high-school and college gals, they are also trained to handle a situation like that without hesitation.
Unlike out at the "other guys", we will handle a problem immediately IF YOU TELL US ABOUT IT!
Thanks, Folks!!
-Skip