[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---Dec. 20th, 2013

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Dec 19 23:56:42 EST 2013

YOU CAN ONLY SEE THIS HIT AT THE AVON THEATER IN THE DECATUR AREA!!

WEEK OF FRIDAY,  DEC. 20th.  thru THURSDAY,  DEC. 26th  ONLY!!
Check out our groovin' website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SAVING MR. BANKS (PG13)  Comedy / Biography 121 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

Two-time Academy Award (R)-winner Emma Thompson and fellow double Oscar (R)-winner Tom Hanks topline Disney's "Saving Mr. Banks," inspired by the extraordinary, untold backstory of how Disney's classic "Mary Poppins" made it to the screen. When Walt Disney's daughters begged him to make a movie of their favorite book, P.L. Travers' "Mary Poppins," he made them a promise-one that he didn't realize would take 20 years to keep. In his quest to obtain the rights, Walt comes up against a curmudgeonly, uncompromising writer who has absolutely no intention of letting her beloved magical nanny get mauled by the Hollywood machine. But, as the books stop selling and money grows short, Travers reluctantly agrees to go to Los Angeles to hear Disney's plans for the adaptation. For those two short weeks in 1961, Walt Disney pulls out all the stops,  and together they set Mary Poppins free to ultimately make one of the most endearing films in cinematic history.
SAVING MR. BANKS (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
MON: 8:00
TUES: (2:00) Christmas Eve Close Early
CHRISTMAS DAY: (2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
THURS: (2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ANCHORMAN 2: The Legend Continues (PG13)  Comedy 1 hr 59 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
With the 70's behind him, San Diego's top rated newsman, Ron Burgundy (Will Ferrell), returns to the news desk in "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues." Also back for more are Ron's co-anchor and wife, Veronica Corningstone (Christina Applegate), weather man Brick Tamland (Steve Carell), man on the street Brian Fantana (Paul Rudd) and sports guy Champ Kind (David Koechner) - All of whom won't make it easy to stay classy...while taking the nation's first 24-hour news channel by storm.
ANCHORMAN 2: The Legend Continues (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
MON: 7:00
TUES: (1:00) (Christmas Eve Close Early)
WED (Christmas Day): (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
THURS: (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE HOBBIT: The Desolation of Smaug (PG13)  Action/Adventure 2 hr. 41  min.  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
The second in a trilogy of films adapting the enduringly popular masterpiece The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug continues the adventure of the title character Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman) as he journeys with the Wizard Gandalf (Ian McKellan) and thirteen Dwarves, led by Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage) on an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor.
THE HOBBIT: The Desolation of Smaug (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

FRI: (4:00) 2D - 7:30 3D
SAT: (12:30) 2D - (4:00) 2D - 7:30 3D
SUN: (12:30) 2D - (4:00) 3D
MON: 7:30 2D
TUES: 12:30 2D (Christmas Eve Close Early)
CHRISTMAS DAY: (12:30) 2D - (4:00) 2D - 7:30 3D
THURS: (12:30) 2D - (4:00) 2D - 7:30 3D
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Its been a very hectic holiday season for ALL of you, I know...
-And, I have been no exception, believe me!
I know you've all got your holiday stress stories to tell, so I won't bore you with mine!
I just wanted all of you to know one thing:
Tonight, as I was going over in my head all the stuff I had to do to get ready for the Avon and The Sterling's holiday season...I REALIZED I HAD NOT DONE THE AVON NEWSLETTER!!!
YAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
So: Here it be!
Maybe a little rushed, and shortened, but...it's HERE!!

Merry Christmas from ALL the Avon Staff!
Come see us soon!
Come See Us!!
-I'll Be There, and I'm Looking for you and you and...YOU!
-Skip Huston
Take a Look at All Our Avon Theater Holiday Gift Ideas!!!

Why is this image crooked? Beats me!!