[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---DEC. 13th, 2013

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Dec 11 15:22:28 EST 2013

FREE HOLIDAY MOVIES THE NEXT 2 THURSDAYS @ 7:00 PM!!!
NO TICKET NEEDED!! JUST COME ON!!

WEEK OF FRIDAY,  DEC. 13th.  thru THURSDAY,  DEC. 19th  ONLY!!
Check out our groovin' website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

OPENING:
 THE HOBBIT: The Desolation of Smaug (PG13): In 2D or 3D, your choice for this mammoth hit!
 STARTS WED, DEC.. 18th: ANCHORMAN 2 (PG13) The return follow-up of one of the funniest comedies!!

CURRENTLY SHOWING:
 FROZEN (PG) A family delight just in time for Thanksgiving!! (ENDS WEDNESDAY!!)
  THE BOOK THIEF (PG13) From the beloved book! A moving holiday treat! (ENDS TUESDAY!!)

COMING  SOON:
 STARTS FRI, DEC. 20th: SAVING MR. BANKS (PG13) Tom Hanks & Emma Thompson! You'll love it!

...LOTS MORE GREAT MOVIES TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE HOBBIT: The Desolation of Smaug (PG13)  Action/Adventure 2 hr. 41  min.  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
The second in a trilogy of films adapting the enduringly popular masterpiece The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug continues the adventure of the title character Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman) as he journeys with the Wizard Gandalf (Ian McKellan) and thirteen Dwarves, led by Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage) on an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor.

THE HOBBIT: The Desolation of Smaug (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:00) 2D - 7:30 3D
SAT & SUN: (12:30) 2D - (4:00) 2D - 7:30 3D
MON thru THURS: 6:30 2D
NOTE: 3D Upcharge is only $2.00!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

FROZEN (PG)  Comedy / Family 108 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
Featuring the voices of Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel, "Frozen" is the coolest comedy-adventure ever to hit the big screen. When a prophecy traps a kingdom in eternal winter, Anna, a fearless optimist, teams up with extreme mountain man Kristoff and his sidekick reindeer Sven on an epic journey to find Anna's sister Elsa, the Snow Queen, and put an end to her icy spell. Encountering mystical trolls, a funny snowman named Olaf, Everest-like extremes and magic at every turn, Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom from destruction
FROZEN (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:30) 2D - 7:30 2D
SAT & SUN: (1:30) 2D - (4:30) 2D - 7:30 2D
MON, TUES & WED: 7:15 (2D ONLY) (ENDS WEDNESDAY!!)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE BOOK THIEF (PG13)  Drama 131 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
Based on the beloved international bestselling book, The Book Thief tells the story of an extraordinary, spirited young girl sent to live with a foster family in WWII Germany. Intrigued by the only book she brought with her, she begins collecting books as she finds them. With the help of her new parents and a secret guest under the stairs, she learns to read and creates a magical world that inspires them all.
THE BOOK THIEF (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:30) - 7:30
SAT & SUN:  (1:30) - (4:30) - 7:30

MON & TUES: 7:15 (ENDS TUESDAY!!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ANCHORMAN 2: The Legend Continues (PG13)  Comedy 1 hr 59 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
With the 70's behind him, San Diego's top rated newsman, Ron Burgundy (Will Ferrell), returns to the news desk in "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues." Also back for more are Ron's co-anchor and wife, Veronica Corningstone (Christina Applegate), weather man Brick Tamland (Steve Carell), man on the street Brian Fantana (Paul Rudd) and sports guy Champ Kind (David Koechner) - All of whom won't make it easy to stay classy...while taking the nation's first 24-hour news channel by storm.
ANCHORMAN 2: The Legend Continues (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
WED & THURS: 7:15
(Next week's full schedule to be announce in the next newsletter)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mr. & Mrs. Head Honcho Last August

So, its been 3 weeks since last I spoke to you on these pages, and Thanksgiving has come and gone...
-And I have been so sick, or "under-the-weather", or just plainly a victim of a very nasty virus!
(BUT, I DID get a flu shot! I want my money back!).

Truth be told, as I write this, I am STILL feeling the affects of this creepy-crawly malady!

This was all I needed; as the holiday movie season kicks into high gear, I had to be on the sidelines!
(Luckily, as you all are aware, I have a long-term staff led by the stalwart boss-lady Ashley Petty (a 6 1/2 year veteran with the Avon), and with her assistants, Hannah Elliot (another 6 1/2 year Avon vet) and Bridget Spitzer (going on 2 years with us now), and the rest of our incredible staff (not to mention my wife, Sue, and daughter, Melissa keeping a watchful eye) they kept things rolling along admirably.

But, it just wasn't the same to not actually BE there!

I always realize, to paraphrase Miss Dorothy Gail, "There's no place like The Avon!!"
Come See Us this Weekend!!
-I'll Be There, and I'm Looking for you and you and...YOU!
-Skip Huston
Take a Look at All Our Avon Theater Holiday Gift Ideas!!!