[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---AUG 23rd, 2013

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Aug 21 01:04:54 EDT 2013

WEEK OF FRIDAY,  AUGUST 23rd  thru THURSDAY,  AUGUST 29th ONLY!!
Check out our coolness website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR NEW "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

OPENING:
 UNFINISHED SONG (PG13) Terence Stamp and Vanessa Redgrave in a moving story about age and love.

PLAYING NOW:
THE BUTLER (PG13) One of the Best Movie of the year! All Star Cast!
 PARANOIA (PG13) Harrison Ford & Gary Oldman in a big business thriller!

COMING  SOON:
 STARTS AUG. 30th!! GIRL MOST LIKELY (PG13) Kristen Wiig, Annette Bening & Matt Dillon Comedy!
 STARTS AUG. 30th!! WE'RE THE MILLERS (R) The Jennifer Aniston  Raunchy Comedy Now at The Avon!!

 ...LOTS MORE GREAT MOVIES TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++
Hello, Folks!
We'll be on a limited schedule this week (Aug 23rd thru Aug. 29th) because of a whole bunch of wonderful things>>>

First of all: Our new theater / bar / restaurant in Sterling, Illinois OPENS FRIDAY, Aug. 23rd!

Secondly: The Avon's long-awaited digital conversion of our projection system will begin its process on MONDAY, AUG. 26th, and will necessitate our closing a few screens for a couple days. This means we're making the Avon's technology "future proof" and will result in digital sound and projection, and even digital 3D from RealD!

Last, but not least, WEDNESDAY, August 28th is my 39th birthday, and there's always a lot of hoop-de-doo about that!

So, you can see what a busy week its going to be as we go into Labor Day weekend!
Thus, we have a limited schedule, especially during the weekdays this coming week!

Don't miss our FRI, SAT & SUN ONLY showings of UNFINISHED SONG...It's exactly the kind of movie all our long-time fans crave!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE BUTLER (PG13)  History / Drama 2 hr 6 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)

Looking for the BEST movie in town this weekend? You found it right here!
LEE DANIELS' THE BUTLER tells the story of a White House butler who served eight American presidents over three decades. The film traces the dramatic changes that swept American society during this time, from the civil rights movement to Vietnam and beyond, and how those changes affected this man's life and family. Forest Whitaker stars as the butler with Robin Williams as Dwight Eisenhower, John Cusack as Richard Nixon, Alan Rickman as Ronald Reagan, James Marsden as John F. Kennedy, Liev Schreiber as Lyndon B. Johnson, and many more.
THE BUTLER (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++

PARANOIA (PG13)  Thriller 1 hr 40 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
In this high-stakes thriller, Adam Cassidy (Liam Hemsworth) is a charming, blue collar guy trying to get ahead in his entry-level job at Wyatt Corporation. But after one costly and illegal mistake, Adam is confronted by ruthless CEO Nicholas Wyatt (Gary Oldman). He won't turn Adam in under one condition: Adam must agree to infiltrate the competition as a corporate spy at rival tech corporation Trion, which also happens to be run by Wyatt's old mentor, Jock Goddard (Harrison Ford). Adam soon finds himself packaged for success, surrounded by glamorous boardrooms, expensive cars, and a life he only dreamed of. But behind the scenes, Wyatt is pulling the strings - stopping at nothing, even murder, to win a multi-billion dollar advantage. Realizing he's nothing more than a pawn in his boss's ruthless game, Adam's only way out - is to go in deeper.
PARANOIA (PG13)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

UNFINISHED SONG (PG13)   Comedy / Drama 1hr 33 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
"Unfinished Song", a London-set comedic drama, is about shy, grumpy pensioner Arthur who is reluctantly inspired by his beloved wife Marion to join a highly unconventional local choir. At odds with his son James, it is left to charismatic choir director Elizabeth to try and persuade Arthur that he can learn to embrace life. Arthur must confront the undercurrents of his own grumbling persona as he embarks on a hilarious, life-affirming journey of musical self discovery. Stars Terence Stamp and Vanessa Redgrave.
UNFINISHED SONG (PG13)
FRI: (5:00) - 8:00
SAT; (2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
SUN: (2:00) - (5:00)

THE GREATEST CAST ON EARTH (...and Beyond!)

Come See Us this Weekend!
 We're looking for you and you and....YOU!!
-Skip Huston