[Avon-theatre-news] SPECIAL NOTE

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Mon Oct 1 17:29:33 EDT 2012

Hiya, Avon Theater Fans!

Today, Oct. 1st, 2012, is the EIGHT YEAR ANNIVERSARY of the AVON TWINS annex!

Prior to that, some of you may remember the Avon was only a single screen theater!

On, Oc. 1st. 2004, thanks to the help of some sorely-missed members of Decatur city administration (you know who you are) , and,     most of all, the loyal patronage of YOU, we opened the doors on the first new theaters build in downtown Decatur in over 90 years!!

(And, as some of our girls say: "You still don't know which door to go in!" HaHaHaHa!)

We're not going to do a big hoo-hah about this, but we just didn't want the date to pass without a mention.

In 2016, when the Avon reaches its 100 year anniversary, then we'll throw a party!!

But...some of you feel its a party every time you come to the Avon!

Thanks to all of you!