[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---NOV. 16th, 2012

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Tue Nov 13 16:08:21 EST 2012

NOTE: SPECIAL DOUBLE ISSUE!!  SHOWTIMES GOOD THRU NOV. 29th!!
WEEK OF FRIDAY,  NOV. 16th  thru THURSDAY,  NOV. 29th  ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com
NOTE: PLEASE PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO THE ABOVE EFFECTIVE DATES FOR
THIS NEWSLETTER!!

Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR NEW "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

THEN...HERE IS NEXT WEEK!!

OPENING:
   LINCOLN (PG13) Steven Spielberg's epic chronicle of the last months of Lincoln's life! Masterful!
  TWILIGHT: BREAKING DAWN--PART 2 (PG13) The LAST Twilight movie! Get in line now!

CONTINUING:
  SKYFALL (PG13) 007 James Bond is BACK!! One of the BEST James Bond adventures of them ALL!!!

COMING SOON:
 DEC. 14th: HITCHCOCK (PG13) Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren star in this true Hollywood story!
 DEC. 14th: THE HOBBIT (PG13) Travel back to middle earth for more adventures!!
 DEC. 25th CHRISTMAS DAY LES MISERABLES (PG13) Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe & Anne Hathaway bring the epic musical to the screen!
 DEC. 25th CHRISTMAS DAY PARENTAL GUIDANCE (PG) Billy Crystal, Bette Midler & Maris Tomei in a holiday family comedy!

...and MORE coming as we fill in the dates!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

LINCOLN (PG13)   Historical Epic  150 min   (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
Steven Spielberg directs Daniel Day-Lewis in Lincoln, a revealing drama that focuses on the 16th President's tumultuous final months in office. In a nation divided by war and the strong winds of change, Lincoln pursues a course of action designed to end the war, unite the country and abolish slavery. With the moral courage and fierce determination to succeed, his choices during this critical moment will change the fate of generations to come.

Thanks in part to a phenomenal performance from Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln is a witty, dignified portrait of the American icon that immerses the audience in its world and entertains even as it informs.

LINCOLN (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
THURS (THANKSGIVING DAY): (4:00) - 7:15
FRI (NOV. 23rd): (12:45) - (4:00) - 7:15
SAT (NOV. 24th): (12:45) - (4:00) - 7:15
SUN:(NOV. 25th): (12:45) - (4:00) - 7:15
MON thru THURS: (Nov. 26th thru Nov. 29th): 6:30
++++++++++++++++++++++

SKYFALL (PG13) Action/Drama--Running time 143 min (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
I remember a gazillion years ago, back in the early 1960's, going to see a movie called "Dr. No" at a Decatur movie theater (not the Avon) and not having any idea what I was about to see...
Oh, sure, I knew President Kennedy was a fan of the Ian Fleming Bond books, but I wasn't quite sure this was something I was going to like.
After all, I was raised on a steady diet of monster movies, and, if it wasn't Frankenstein, Dracula, or the Wolfman, I wasn't too interested.

Then, "that music" came on, and what began was a 50 year span of James Bond movies!
(And when Ursula Andress came out of the ocean in that bikini, well...)

Yes, Sean Connery was a cool James Bond, and Roger Moore was a bit of a winky-wink dandy.
One-time-only Bond George Lazenby was really pretty good in retrospect.
Timothy Dalton was the first Bond since Sean Connery to fully exude a palpable sense of danger, but Pierce Brosnan was more of a distillant of Roger Moore...
Then came Daniel Craig.

I was familiar with Daniel Craig because he had appeared in many movies, mostly in supporting roles.
-I thought he would be terrible as Bond!
BUT...I forgot one important thing!
Daniel Craig is the BEST actual "ACTOR" to ever play Bond.

I saw this last weekend, folks, and.....WOWSER!!!!
And, all you Bond fans, just wait until a "certain car" shows up toward the end...
A "certain car" not seen on the screen since GOLDFINGER in 1964!

SKYFALL (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
THURS (THANKSGIVING DAY): (4:45) - 8:00
FRI (NOV. 23rd): (1:30) - (4:45) - 8:00
SAT (NOV. 24th): (1:30) - (4:45) - 8:00
SUN:(NOV. 25th): (1:30) - (4:45) - 8:00
MON thru THURS: (Nov. 26th thru Nov. 29th): 7:00
+++++++++++++++++++++++

TWILIGHT: BREAKING DAWN Pt. 2 (PG13)   Fantasy/ Romance  115 min.   (not including 8 to 12 min of previews and/or cartoon)
The astonishing conclusion to the series, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2, illuminates the secrets and mysteries of this spellbinding romantic epic that has entranced millions.
TWILIGHT: BREAKING DAWN Pt. 2 (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
THURS (THANKSGIVING DAY): (5:00) - 8:15
FRI (NOV. 23rd): (1:45) - (5:00) - 8:15
SAT (NOV. 24th): (1:45) - (5:00) - 8:15
SUN:(NOV. 25th): (1:45) - (5:00) - 8:15
MON thru THURS: (Nov. 26th thru Nov. 29th): 7:15
++++++++++++++++++++++

CHRISTMAS GIFT OPTIONS ARE BACK!!
Starting THANKSGIVING DAY, we offer again our gift options:
2 Movie Pass: $11 (up to $16 value!)
4 Movie Pass: $22 (up to $32 value!)
10 Movie Pass: $55 (up to $80 value!)
$20 Gift Certificate: $20 (duh) (spends just like cash)
These NEVER EXPIRE!
Not available until THANKSGIVING DAY and then until Dec. 31st.
(We sell the 10 Movie Pass and the $20 gift certificate all year long)

[NOTE: The 2-Movie Pass and the 4-Movie Pass are special priced "gift options" and not valid for use until starting Christmas Day 2012.]
Come See Me This Weekend!
I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!!

There won't be a newsletter next week, folks, but I may drop by your "in-box" to say "Happy Thanksgiving"!