[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---JULY 20th, 2012

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Jul 18 18:48:04 EDT 2012

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JULY 20th thru THURSDAY,  JULY 26th  ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com
NOTE: PLEASE PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO THE ABOVE EFFECTIVE DATES FOR
THIS NEWSLETTER!!

Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre
OPENING:

 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (PG13) The final entry in the BATMAN trilogy! Biggest hit of the year!!!

CONTINUING:
 ICE AGE 4: CONTINENTAL DRIFT (PG) Their BAAAACK!! Another summer family-fun film at The Avon!!

  MOONRISE KINGDOM (PG13) Bruce Willis, Billy Murray, Edward Norton and more!!! DON'T MISS IT!!!

COMING SOON:
 AUG. 10th: THE BOURNE LEGACY (PG13) The newest entry in the incredible Bourne series!

 AUG. 10th: HOPE SPRINGS (PG13) Meryl Streep, Tommy Lee Jones & Steve Carell!! AVON GOLD!!!

 COMING SOON!! ANNA KARENINA (PG13) The classic tale is re-made for the new generations.
...and MORE coming as we fill in the dates!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES  (PG13)

Despite his tarnished reputation after the events of The Dark Knight, in which he took the rap for Dent's crimes, Batman feels compelled to intervene to assist the city and its police force which is struggling to cope with villain Bane's plans to destroy the city.

There's no other way to slice it, folks! This is the biggest movie of the year!
I know I sometimes rant about how 'same ol, same ol' and lame so many of the "Superhero" movies are (and they really ARE!), but the DARK KNIGHT series from masterworker Christopher Nolan just seems to transcend the genre, and become something else entirely...
But, you already knew all that!
THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:00) - 8:00
SAT & SUN: (12 noon) - (4:00) - 8:00
MON thru THURS: 7:30
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NOTE FROM SKIP: IF YOU MISS THIS ONE, OR PROCRASTINATE ABOUT IT, OR THINK YOU WON'T LIKE IT, YOU WILL BE IN BIG TROUBLE WITH ME!!!
MOONRISE KINGDOM(PG13)
Set on an island off the coast of New England in the summer of 1965, Moonrise Kingdom tells the story of two twelve-year-olds who fall in love, make a secret pact, and run away together into the wilderness. As various authorities try to hunt them down, a violent storm is brewing off-shore -- and the peaceful island community is turned upside down in more ways than anyone can handle. Bruce Willis plays the local sheriff. Edward Norton is a Khaki Scout troop leader. Bill Murray and Frances McDormand portray the young girl's parents. The cast also includes Tilda Swinton, Jason Schwartzman, and Jared Gilman and Kara Hayward as the boy and girl.
AND, ITS ONLY AT THE AVON TOO!!
MOONRISE KINGDOM (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

++++++++++++++++++++

ICE AGE 4: CONTINENTAL DRIFT  (PG)
Scrat's nutty pursuit of the cursed acorn, which he's been after since the dawn of time, has world-changing consequences - a continental cataclysm that triggers the greatest adventure of all for Manny, Diego and Sid. In the wake of these upheavals, Sid reunites with his cantankerous Granny, and the herd encounters a ragtag menagerie of seafaring pirates determined to stop them from returning home.
ICE AGE 4: CONTINENTAL DRIFT  (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, here we are at THE DARK KNIGHT RISES already!
It's been a sweltering summer, and our lawns and crops have wilted away...
And, to be frank, except for the early May success of THE AVENGERS, its really been a pretty dismal Summer movie season.
But, that all changes this weekend.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
REMINDER: It's now OFFICIAL, we will be CLOSED for DECATUR CELEBRATION WEEKEND.
So, go on down, have fun, eat gazillions of calories, and look for us to open back up the following MONDAY.

Those of you who know me, know that trying to co-exist with Decatur Celebration was a maddenly losing battle for me.
-And, at least the new Celebration honcho TRIED to get us involved last year!
BUT, it was not to be!

The Avon staff will be taking the weekend off!
(You may see a few of our girls volunteering or as part of the crowd...but, you won't see yours truly!)
Come See Me This Weekend!
I'll Be Looking for you and you and...YOU!!