[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---APRIL 27th, 2012

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Apr 25 16:23:47 EDT 2012

WEEK OF FRIDAY,  APRIL 27th thru THURSDAY,  MAY 3rd  ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com
NOTE: PLEASE PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO THE ABOVE EFFECTIVE DATES FOR
THIS NEWSLETTER!!

Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre
OPENING:
  THE FIVE-YEAR ENGAGEMENT (R) Jason Segel & Emily Blunt in a raunchy R-rated laff-fest in the tradition of last year's "Bridesmaids".

  BEING FLYNN (R) Robert DeNiro &  Paul Dano in a limited-engagement movie on fathers and sons.

CONTINUING:
 THE LUCKY ONE (PG13)  Zac Efron in the newest romantic movie from the writer of The Notebook and Dear John.

COMING SOON:
 MAY 4th: THE AVENGERS (PG13)

 MAY 11th: DARK SHADOWS (PG13)

 MAY 18th: BATTLESHIP (PG13)

  DATE TBA: THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL (PG13)

...and MORE coming as we fill in the dates!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE FIVE-YEAR ENGAGEMENT (R)

The director and writer/star of Forgetting Sarah Marshall reteam for the irreverent comedy The Five-Year Engagement. Beginning where most romantic comedies end, the new film from director Nicholas Stoller, producer Judd Apatow (Knocked Up, The 40-Year-Old Virgin) and Rodney Rothman looks at what happens when an engaged couple, Jason Segel and Emily Blunt, keeps getting tripped up on the long walk down the aisle.
In the rowdy and raunchy tradition of last year's "Bridesmaids". If you liked that one, you'll like this one!
THE FIVE-YEAR ENGAGEMENT (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE LUCKY ONE (PG13)
U.S. Marine Sergeant Logan Thibault (Efron) returns from his third tour of duty in Iraq, with the one thing he credits with keeping him alive--a photograph he found of a woman he doesn't even know. Learning her name is Beth (Schilling) and where she lives, he shows up at her door, and ends up taking a job at her family-run local kennel. Despite her initial mistrust and the complications in her life, a romance develops between them, giving Logan hope that Beth could be much more than his good luck charm.
>From the popular author of THE NOTEBOOK and DEAR JOHN comes this new romance
THE LUCKY ONE (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 7:00
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BEING FLYNN (R)
Writer-director Paul Weitz turns his hand to this moving portrait of fathers and sons. Based on a true story, Being Flynn follows Nick Flynn (Paul Dano) who is shocked to have his eccentric and long-absent father, Jonathan (Robert De Niro) reach out to him unexpectedly. Still feeling the loss of his mother (played in flashbacks by Julianne Moore) in the midst of starting a new relationship with Denise (Olivia Thirlby), the last person Nick wants to see is his father. But you can't outrun fate and slowly Nick comes to realize he has been given the chance to make a real future not only for himself, but for his struggling father too.
BEING FLYNN  (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, what's with this weather?
One day we are dusting off the barbecue for the warm days ahead, and the next we are thinking about carving a pumpkin for Halloween!
Those of you who know me well, know that I LOVE the HOT weather, and HATE the cold!
(Not to mention those of us with sinus or allergy problems; this up and down weather wreaks havoc with our health! I've been ailing for a week now!)

So, what's the best solution to all this hoo-hah?
Well, of course its settling in for a good movie at the Avon with a big tub of our classic popcorn drenched in our REAL butter!
(Our some of our very popular new "extended menu" items like our Pretzel Bites with melted cheddar cheese on the side...yum!)

And, guess what? Summer will be here before you know it!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Another good thing about summer coming is that's when some of our best Popcorn Hostesses come home from college to work!
In the next few weeks you'll see some very familiar faces behind our counter, as their summer break begins!
Some of our girls have been with us for over 5 years now, and I'd keep them working another 20 if they'd let me!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I really don't want to keep harping on this, but...
Please try and keep supporting the downtown merchants who are in the midst of the construction work.
Being shut-off from convenient parking and access is really tough on some of those guys, so please make the extra effort to get into their establishments.
Yes, it is going to be so wonderful when all the work is done, but, if you don't make the effort to patronize those places while the work is progressing, they may not still be there when it is finished!

We were so lucky at the Avon when all the work was being done on our block last Fall...
All of you braved the "obstacle course" to keep coming to us.

This is when those downtown shops and restaurants need you the most.
Come See Me This Weekend!
I'm watching for you and you and...YOU!!
-Skip Huston

Ashley "The Mangler" Petty, The Head Honcho, and Mrs. Head Honcho
taken about 4 years ago. We look even better now though.