[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---APRIL 20th, 2012

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Apr 18 14:42:17 EDT 2012

WEEK OF FRIDAY, APRIL 20th thru THURSDAY, APRIL 26th  ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com
NOTE: PLEASE PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO THE ABOVE EFFECTIVE DATES FOR
THIS NEWSLETTER!!

Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OPENING:
 THE LUCKY ONE (PG13)  Zac Efron in the newest romantic movie from the writer of The Notebook and Dear John.

CONTINUING:
 THE THREE STOOGES (PG) Say what you will...but this one is SOOOOO FUNNY!!

 THE HUNGER GAMES (PG13) Here it is! The BIG one! STILL here for an amazing 5 weeks!

COMING SOON:

  APRIL 27th: THE FIVE-YEAR ENGAGEMENT (R)

 APRIL 27th: BEING FLYNN (R)

  MAY 4th: THE AVENGERS (PG13)

 MAY 11th: DARK SHADOWS (PG13)

  MAY 25th: THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL (PG13)

...and MORE coming as we fill in the dates!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE LUCKY ONE (PG13)
U.S. Marine Sergeant Logan Thibault (Efron) returns from his third tour of duty in Iraq, with the one thing he credits with keeping him alive--a photograph he found of a woman he doesn't even know. Learning her name is Beth (Schilling) and where she lives, he shows up at her door, and ends up taking a job at her family-run local kennel. Despite her initial mistrust and the complications in her life, a romance develops between them, giving Logan hope that Beth could be much more than his good luck charm.

>From the popular author of THE NOTEBOOK and DEAR JOHN comes this new romance!
THE LUCKY ONE (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE THREE STOOGES (PG)
Left on a nun's doorstep, Larry, Curly and Moe grow up finger-poking, nyuk-nyuking and woo-woo-wooing their way to uncharted levels of knuckleheaded misadventure. Out to save their childhood home, only The Three Stooges could become embroiled in an oddball murder plot...while also stumbling into starring in a phenomenally successful TV reality show.
Here are the NEW adventures of those zany, so-dumb-they're-funny knuckleheads!!
RATED "PG", for the WHOLE FAMILY!!
THE THREE STOOGES (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 7:00

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE HUNGER GAMES (PG13)
HURRY!! ENDS VERY SOON!!
Every year in the ruins of what was once North America, the evil Capitol of the nation of Panem forces each of its twelve districts to send a teenage boy and girl to compete in the Hunger Games. A twisted punishment for a past uprising and an ongoing government intimidation tactic, The Hunger Games are a nationally televised event in which "Tributes" must fight with one another until one survivor remains. Pitted against highly-trained Tributes who have prepared for these Games their entire lives, Katniss is forced to rely upon her sharp instincts as well as the mentorship of drunken former victor Haymitch Abernathy. If she's ever to return home to District 12, Katniss must make impossible choices in the arena that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.
Thrilling and superbly acted, The Hunger Games captures the dramatic violence, raw emotion, and ambitious scope of its source novel.
THE HUNGER GAMES  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
MON, TUES & WED; 6:40
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last week I was ranting about the confusion on ADM's use of the parking garage across the street from the Avon, and how the signs outlining the hours and days ADM "occupies" the garage were misleading, and even downright incorrect!
Well, they got it all corrected in the past 7 days!
>>Now, for all of you who have not been following:
ADM has exclusive use of the parking garage across the street from the Avon, MONDAY thru FRIDAY, from 9 AM to 5 PM.
That is IT!
(If they try to get any more than that, I will be at the council meeting to raise a ruckus, believe me.)

Now, if ADM would only get those long-promised 350 workers into the building in the block next to us!
(It might be hard to do if they keep laying people off though!)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The construction streetscape work downtown is looking pretty darn groovy.
All of you know I feel the pain of the merchants who are inconvenienced by the construction, but if they'll only suffer a little bit longer, and YOU will take the extra effort to patronize them, it will all be SOOOOOO COOOOOL when it is completed!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
We were quite pleased at the turn-out last weekend for the first "Troy Taylor presents..." show of the year, the spoooooky thriller THE INNKEEPERS.
Troy is quite busy with his books (86 in print as of 2 weeks ago), his tour companies, his nation-wide speaking engagements, and his duties as The Avon's financial coordinator, so it was good to see a big crowd show up for those special 10:30 pm shows last Friday and Saturday. There will be more as the year progresses! Especially during Halloween!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Summer approaches steadily, and with it will come the "tentpole" movies, and longer hours, and the return of "Tightwad Tuesday"!!
Every summer we are told this, but here it is again: This looks to be the biggest summer in Hollywood history!
Well, with THE DARK KNIGHT RISES in July, that alone should bring out the crowds!
I'm Looking for ALL of you this weekend, folks!!
Especially YOU!!
-Skip Huston

Anyone notice all the work done on our marquee??
The neons are all fixed now, and the red "Avon" letters on
the North face (your left) have not been RED for at least 5
years! A storm wiped them out, and we've had white "temps"
up there all this time! NOT ANYMORE!! Thanks to Bendsen
Signs!!