[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---NOV. 11th, 2011

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Nov 9 12:46:51 EST 2011

WEEK OF FRIDAY, NOV. 11th thru THURSDAY, NOV. 17th ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com
NOTE: PLEASE PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO THE ABOVE EFFECTIVE DATES FOR
THIS NEWSLETTER!!

Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OPENING:
  J. EDGAR (R) Clint Eastwood's new movie about J. Edgar Hoover starring Leonardo DiCaprio!

 (THURS) NOV. 17th: MIDNIGHT PREMIERE!! TWILIGHT: BREAKING DAWN--Part One (PG13) Tickets on sale now!!
CONTINUING:
  TOWER HEIST (PG13) Ben Stiller, Eddie Murphy, Alan Alda and more in this fun caper film!

  PUSS IN BOOTS (PG) All-star cast in an animated film from the Shrek family! Delightful!

COMING SOON:
 ( WED.) NOV. 23rd: THE MUPPETS (PG) Amy Adams and a great cast with all those crazy Muppets! Sure-fire Holiday hit for the whole family!
+++++++++++++++++++

J. EDGAR (R)
The NEW movie from CLINT EASTWOOD! "J. EDGAR", the riveting story of the creator of the FBI, J. Edgar Hoover. A man who was considered the most powerful man in the world. In a stunning and Oscar-worthy portrayal LEONARDO DiCAPRIO shows us the "public" and the "private" Hoover over a 50 year span. Co-stars JUDI DENCH and NAOMI WATTS, among others!
Honestly, when is the last time you saw a movie from director Clint Eastwood that wasn't uniformly excellent?
 We are proud to be chosen by Warner Bros to be one of the few theaters to play this in Central Illinois! MAJOR OSCAR BUZZ!!
J. EDGAR  (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++

TOWER HEIST (PG13)
Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy lead an all-star cast in Tower Heist, a comedy caper about working stiffs who seek revenge on the Wall Street swindler who stiffed them. After the workers at a luxury Central Park condominium discover the penthouse billionaire has stolen their retirement, they plot the ultimate revenge: a heist to reclaim what he took from them.
This one has a great cast, and is tons of fun!!
TOWER HEIST (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")

+++++++++++++++++++

PUSS IN BOOTS  (PG)
Long before he even met Shrek, the notorious fighter, lover and outlaw Puss in Boots becomes a hero when he sets off on an adventure with the tough and street smart Kitty Softpaws and the mastermind Humpty Dumpty to save his town. This is the true story of The Cat, The Myth, The Legend... The Boots.
PUSS IN BOOTS  (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++

TWILIGHT: BREAKING DAWN--Part 1 (PG13)
In The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1, Bella (Kristen Stewart) and Edward (Robert Pattinson), plus those they love, must deal with the chain of consequences brought on by a marriage, honeymoon, and the tumultuous birth of a child...which brings an unforeseen and shocking development for Jacob Black (Taylor Lautner).
TWILIGHT: BREAKING DAWN--Part 1 (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
THURS: MIDNIGHT
(next week's showtimes to be announced)
+++++++++++++++++++

Whew!  So we survived Halloween 2011, with Rocky Horror and all the late night horror films, and now we head directly into the Holidays already planning our Thanksgiving and Christmas movies...
Here's a little advance tip: Our FREE Christmas program on the night of Dec. 15th will be THE single greatest event of the 2011 downtown Christmas season!
Enough said for now, but mark your calendars for that early evening.
(You can sneak a peek at the details on our website www.theAvon.com however!)
++++++++++++++++
We continue to tweak our food offerings, and, along with White Castle Burgers, Mini-Chicken Sandwiches, mini-Pizzas, those addicting Fat Cat Gourmet Cupcakes, and all our classic popcorn hoo-hah---we are working on introducing a new version of our NACHOS!! We decided our current nacho offering was not worthy of our reputation of "going the extra mile" with our food offerings, so NEW, IMPROVED MACHO NACHOS are coming soon! With a new cheese formula, new chips, and the "jan'et se' quoi" indigenous ONLY to THE AVON!

Look for mini-pretzel bites, and maybe some Fat Cat Gourmet Cookies, and more surprises to arrive soon too!
The road-work on our block continues to progress, and, weather permitting, I think we will see some real changes within the next week or so.
We've been told our block will be totally completed by early-December.

Then, get ready for ALL of downtown to be torn up and improved!
It will look great when its finally all done, but its all the eggs that have to be broken to make this big omelet that are the "short-term" concerns!
Come See Me Soon!
I'm Looking for You and You and...YOU!!