[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---NOV. 4th, 2011

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Nov 3 12:56:09 EDT 2011

WEEK OF FRIDAY, NOV. 4th thru THURSDAY, NOV. 10th  ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com
NOTE: PLEASE PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO THE ABOVE EFFECTIVE DATES FOR
THIS NEWSLETTER!!

Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OPENING:
 TOWER HEIST (PG13) Ben Stiller, Eddie Murphy, Alan Alda and more in this fun caper film!

CONTINUING:
 PUSS IN BOOTS (PG) All-star cast in an animated film from the Shrek family! Delightful!

 PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 3 (R) Last chances for some real scary stuff!

COMING SOON:
 NOV. 11th: J.EDGAR (R) Clint Eastwood's new movie about J. Edgar Hoover starring Leonardo DiCaprio!

 (THURS) NOV. 17th: MIDNIGHT PREMIERE!! TWILIGHT: BREAKING DAWN--Part One (PG13) Tickets on sale now!!

 ( WED.) NOV. 23rd: THE MUPPETS (PG) Amy Adams and a great cast with all those crazy Muppets! Sure-fire Holiday hit for the whole family!
+++++++++++++++++++

TOWER HEIST (PG13)
Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy lead an all-star cast in Tower Heist, a comedy caper about working stiffs who seek revenge on the Wall Street swindler who stiffed them. After the workers at a luxury Central Park condominium discover the penthouse billionaire has stolen their retirement, they plot the ultimate revenge: a heist to reclaim what he took from them.
This one has a great cast, and is tons of fun!!
TOWER HEIST (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++

PUSS IN BOOTS  (PG)
Long before he even met Shrek, the notorious fighter, lover and outlaw Puss in Boots becomes a hero when he sets off on an adventure with the tough and street smart Kitty Softpaws and the mastermind Humpty Dumpty to save his town. This is the true story of The Cat, The Myth, The Legend... The Boots.
PUSS IN BOOTS  (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 7:00
+++++++++++++++++++

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 3 (R)
The Paranormal Activity franchise continues with this third outing from Paramount Pictures. Oren Peli and Jason Blum return to produce the highly secretive feature, with Catfish's directing duo of Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman taking on the helming duties.

I've been told this is the scariest one yet!
PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 3  (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
MON, TUES & WED: 7:15 (ENDS THURS!)
+++++++++++++++++++

As we speaketh, the downtown construction dudes are busily bringing the Avon block to a visible conclusion. There is still about a month of solid work to go before we have a shiny new face-lift, but progress is being made every day!

Then, the "face-lift" proceeds to the entire rest of downtown!

It's gonna be real groovy when it is all done, but please continue to be patient with all the attendant hoo-hah until then.
It goes without saying, we appreciate all of you traversing the "obstacle course" to get to us since last mid-August!
Just a little bit longer!
+++++++++++++++++++++++
Come See Me Soon!
I'm looking for you and you, and...YOU this weekend!
-Skip Huston

Good ol' Film Reel & Cans...
In case you were wondering, this is still the way The Avon
receives its movies. In spite of what the media would
have you believe, over 50% of the nation's movie
theaters have not yet converted to the new digital
projection. This is because it is a "seller's market"
at this time, and the prices to convert are insanity personified.

Perhaps that axis will turn soon, and we will be announcing
our digital conversion, but, until then...
We are still a CLASSIC in every sense of the word!