[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS---MAY 20th, 2011

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed May 18 13:14:37 EDT 2011

WEEK OF FRIDAY,  MAY 20th thru THURSDAY,  MAY 26th  ONLY!!
NOTE: PLEASE PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO THE ABOVE EFFECTIVE DATES FOR
THIS NEWSLETTER!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OPENING:

 STARTS THURS MIDNIGHT: PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN--PART 4 (PG13) YES!! More of that same popcorn fun with Johnny Depp at the helm!!

  MAY 20th: JANE EYRE (PG13) A real treat for the "Avon crowd"! One-Week-Only!!

CONTINUING:

 THOR (PG13) The Summer Blockbusters Bust Loose with the God of Thunder!!

COMING SOON:

 MAY 26th: KUNG FU PANDA 2 (PG) You know you're dying to see this one! You KNOW you are!

 MAY 26th: THE HANGOVER PART II (R) The rowdy sequel to the most successful R-rated comedy in history! This is going to be WILD!!

 JUNE 10th: SUPER 8 (PG13)

  JUNE 24th: CARS 2 (PG)

 JULY 1st: TRANSFORMERS 3: DARK OF THE MOON (PG13)

 JULY 15th: HARRY POTTER (the last chapter) (PG13) This is IT! No more Harry Potter after this one!

...and the list goes on and on!!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 4 (PG13)

Here we go! JOHNNY DEPP in his favorite role as Capt. Jack Sparrow, and a huge cast consisting of most of your old faves from the first 3 movies, and some new ones as well (including babe PENELOPE CRUZ). This is got the gang searching for the Fountain of Youth, and encountering mermaids, zombies, and all sorts of scallywags along the way.
This is one of the BIGGEST movies of the year, folks!
Grab a big bucket of our famous 'corn, slather it with our REEL BUTTAH, and head for cinema heaven!!
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 4 (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
THURS (MAY 19th): MIDNIGHT!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

JANE EYRE (PG13)
No matter how many times and different adaptations Charlotte Bronte's classic novel sees, it seems there is always something else to be mined from it. Attribute it to the "texture" of fine literature. This is why the Jane Austen novels just keep getting re-made, and it is why JANE EYRE will be too as long as there are people who appreciate such intelligent things.

This newest version is excellent, but will only be playing for ONE-WEEK!! No, this isn't me "marketing" either! Memorial Day weekend is the 2nd biggest movie weekend of the year, and ALL of our screens are committed to other things.
So, do not procrastinate, delay or get side-tracked!
ONE-WEEK-ONLY!!!! I mean it! I really, really do!
JANE EYRE (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THOR (PG13)

The first big blockbuster of the Summer hits its final week at the Avon! Don't mess around and miss it!!
THOR(PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And so it begins...
The Summer of 2011 is positioned to not only be the biggest Summer in Hollywood history, but the biggest Summer in AVON history!
And a Summer to be reckoned with, for sure!

I have never seen a line-up so incredible in all my years in this business, and there really is something for EVERYBODY!
Certainly enough attractions to blast you from your yards, pools, golf-courses and homes!

The "Coming Soon" list above was getting too lengthy, so I had to stop in mid-July, but I could've gone until the end of August!

As the years have rolled on, some may refer to me as the "lion in winter", but I think there is more of a warhorse left in me than many expect!
With all the current and future behind-the-scenes and some future very visible changes, it almost seems like the Avon is entering a new era!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Welcome home from college two of our most-revered AVON THEATER veterans, HANNAH ELLIOTT and JILL MONROE.
They are rare members of our staff who can count on us making room for them whenever there is a college holiday.
We have a difficult time seeing some of our best and brightest finally leave us for bigger opportunities elsewhere,
so we hold onto them as long as possible. At least two of our girls, MOLLY KIICK and ABBY ANDRICK stuck with us
from Juniors in High School to beyond college graduation, until they finally had to bid a fond final farewell to Avonia! (sniff sniff).
In almost 14 years, we've had a lot of wonderful young people working for us, that's for sure!
You classic film buffs are in for a rare treat Memorial Day weekend when Avon "Godfather" Troy Taylor personally presents the 1944 Ray Milland ghost story THE UNINVITED, Friday, May 27th at 10 PM for FREE!! This is NOT the stupid 2009 movie of the same name. No relation at all. This is a subtle and chilling tale that is told with soooo much class! It has long been unavailable on video, but now you can see it with Troy Taylor for FREE on May 27th @ 10PM!

I'm  Looking for you and you and  especially YOU This Weekend!!