[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS---MAY 13th WEEK

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed May 11 23:26:14 EDT 2011

WEEK OF FRIDAY,  MAY 13th thru THURSDAY,  MAY 19th  ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre
CONTINUING:
 THOR (PG13) The Summer Blockbusters Bust Loose with the God of Thunder!!

 SOMETHING BORROWED (PG13) It's one of those famous Avon chick flicks, with Kate Hudson!

  WATER FOR ELEPHANTS (PG13) From the huge best-selling book! This is one you've all been waiting for!

COMING SOON:
 MAY 20th: PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN--PART 4 (PG13) YES!! More of that same popcorn fun with Johnny Depp at the helm!!

  MAY 20th: JANE EYRE (PG13) A real treat for the "Avon crowd"! One-Week-Only!!

 MAY 26th: KUNG FU PANDA 2 (PG) You know you're dying to see this one! You KNOW you are!

 MAY 26th: THE HANGOVER PART II (R) The rowdy sequel to the most successful R-rated comedy in history! This is going to be WILD!!

 JUNE 10th: SUPER 8 (PG13)

  JUNE 24th: CARS 2 (PG)

 JULY 1st: TRANSFORMERS 3: DARK OF THE MOON (PG13)

 JULY 15th: HARRY POTTER (the last chapter) (PG13) This is IT! No more Harry Potter after this one!

...and the list goes on and on!!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THOR (PG13)

I can't remember the last time I have seen such rave reviews for a movie of this sort!
Maybe "Iron Man"??
Whenever it was, the consensus of MANY critic's opinions is this film is terrific fun, and a real rousing entertainment!
The Summer popcorn movies are beginning with a bang!
By the way, this also stars ANTHONY HOPKINS and Oscar-winner NATALIE PORTMAN (believe it or not), and was directed by none less than Kenneth Branagh, the wunderkind of Shakespearean cinema trying out some different chops here.
Put your artistic sensibilities on hold and strap yourself in for good fun!
Sometimes, you just need to be rocked, knowhutimean?
THOR (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SOMETHING BORROWED (PG13)
And, just so the Avon's massive female customer base doesn't think we've forgotten them, here is the first big chick flick of the summer!
KATE HUDSON and GENNIFER GOODWIN'S long-term friendship is tested when one of them falls for the other's fiancé! The feathers are gonna' fly!
SOMETHING BORROWED (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS (PG13)
>From the wildly best-selling book comes this love triangle set against the circus world of long ago.
REESE WITHERSPOON in a sultry role, joins current "Twilight" heartthrob ROBERT PATTINSON, Oscar-winner CHRISTOPH WALTZ, and veteran HAL HOLBROOK along with a great supporting cast, in what has promised to be a BIG "Avon Favorite"!!
WATER FOR ELEPHANTS (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, here we are on the cusp of what the media is calling "The Biggest Movie Summer in History"...
Whether it is, indeed, that, or whether we are looking back in late August analyzing what went wrong, is in the hands of the Cinema Gods (with a huge helping hand from the public!).

One thing is for sure: The planets are all in conjunction to deliver that historic summer!

With the last chapter of HARRY POTTER, a new TRANSFORMERS, a new PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, a new KUNG FU PANDA, a new HANGOVER, a new Pixar CARS, a re-boot of CONAN THE BARBARIAN, a re-boot of CAPTAIN AMERICA, and many, many more---not to mention some wholly original films like SUPER 8 (which may be the unexpected hit of the season!) we at the Avon are very excited about these next few months!

Then, in the Fall, we have more exciting movies and some earth-shaking new innovations that will have the whole town buzzing!!

Keep an eye on the Avon, because, even after the almost 14 years since I re-opened the long-shuttered theater, we are constantly striving to move forward through re-invention, imagination, and audacious enterprise!!

Got yer' attention there?
Wait for it!!
You classic film buffs are in for a rare treat Memorial Day weekend when Troy Taylor personally presents the 1944 Ray Milland ghost story THE UNINVITED, Friday, May 27th at 10 PM for FREE!! This is NOT the stupid 2009 movie of the same name. No relation at all. This is a subtle and chilling tale that is told with soooo much class! It has long been unavailable on video, but now you can see it with Troy Taylor for FREE on May 27th @ 10 PM!

I'm  Looking for you and you and YOU This Weekend!!