[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS---MARCH 18th, 2011

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Mar 16 19:54:27 EDT 2011

AVON THEATRE NEWS & VIEWS
WEEK OF FRIDAY, MARCH 18th thru THURSDAY, MARCH 24th  ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

CLICK THIS LINK:
http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OPENING:
  LIMITLESS (PG13) Bradley Cooper & Robert DeNiro in a mind-bending action/adventure!

CONTINUING:
  RANGO (PG) Johnny Depp and a host of others in a fun movie that is not just for kids!

  RED RIDING HOOD (PG13) Not as much a horror movie, but a romance!  Great period detail, and a gothic story.

COMING SOON:
 March 25th: THE OTHER WOMAN (R) Oscar-winner Natalie Portman in a "dramedy" about step-children and ex-wives.

 April 1st: SOURCE CODE (PG13) Jake Gyllenhaal in a very unique thriller!

 April 8th: ARTHUR (PG13) Helen Mirren, bad-boy Russell Brand & Jennifer Garner in a remake of the 1981 original!

 April 15th: RIO (PG) From the makers of the huge hit ICE AGE comes this rollicking new family film!

 April 22nd: WATER FOR ELEPHANTS (PG13) Oh, boy! I KNOW how many there are waiting for this one!

 April 22nd: WIN WIN (R) Paul Giamatti in this well-reviewed indy family "dramedy".

 April 29th: CERTIFIED COPY (PG13) Avon fave Juliette Binoche ("Chocolat") in this critically-acclaimed wonderful love story.

May 6th: SOMETHING BORROWED (PG13) Kate Hudson and a great cast in a Springtime wedding comedy!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

LIMITLESS (PG13)
Mention the name of actor Bradley Cooper these days, and a lot of women get short of breath.
Now, the "Hangover" star is in a thriller that is so much fun to watch, it has garnered very good reviews from many of the critics.
Add to the fact Robert DeNiro is here, and then an excellent production design, and you have one of the prime movies for Spring 2011.

Spring is always a tricky time in the movie biz. The studios used to not release anything important in the late-March and April slots, but that is changing. It was rather a vicious circle, or a self-fulfilling prophecy; if there is no worthwhile product released in this period, then the movie-goers will not come. Pure and simple.

Now, many of the studios (those who are not mired in the old ways), are starting to believe in the "if you release it, they will come" way of thinking.

LIMITLESS is one you will enjoy!
LIMITLESS (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50/$5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI:  (5:00) - 8:00
THURS: 6:40

RANGO (PG)
Unless you've just returned from outer-Mongolia, you have heard that RANGO is not just a "kid's movie", but one that adults have realized is totally cool.
For one: Johnny Depp and a huge cast keep it all moving so quickly, you have to think about some of the funny dialogue a few minutes later.
For another: It is NOT in 3D. Anywhere.
I can only hope this is the beginning of the 3D fad coming to a much-deserved end.
As I said in a well-distributed article when I removed the 3D system from the Avon Twins: "Sometimes you just want to watch the movie"
Thank goodness the talented people behind RANGO made the choice to not release it in 3D!
For that alone, you should come see it to support that decision!
But, you will have a whole lot of fun with this one!
And, wait until "Clint Eastwood" shows up in it!
(At least, you'll "think" it was Clint Eastwood!)
RANGO (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50/$5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI:  (4:00) - 7:00

RED RIDING HOOD (PG13)
Imagine my shock when I found out this is not really a "horror movie", but a gothic romance that is appealing to a whole lot of women!

Up-and-coming star Amanda Seyfried join in the cast with Gary Oldman and veteran Julie Christie (yup, you heard that right) in an atmospheric and creepy tale set in a medieval village that is haunted by a werewolf, and a young girl falls for an orphaned woodcutter, much to her family's displeasure.
Sounds like neat stuff, huh?
RED RIDING HOOD (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50/$5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI:  (4:15) - 7:15

NEW SPRING FILM CLASS!!
STARTS THURSDAY, MARCH 24th!!
"6 GREAT SCREEN TEAMS"

A screening and discussion 6 week series of some of the best pairings in movie history!
-It could be Bob Hope & Bing Crosby!
-It could be William Powell & Myrna Loy!
-It could be Spencer Tracy & Katherine Hepburn!
Or, maybe Tom Hanks & Meg Ryan!
...or all of those and more!!
(We never tell you beforehand what you will see!)

CLASSES START THURSDAY, MARCH 24th thru THURSDAY, APRIL 28th
AS USUAL, CLASS STARTS AT 6:30 PM

COST IS $60, PAYABLE BY CASH, CHECK or CREDIT CARD (Cash or Checks preferred)

PAYMENT SHOULD BE DIRECT TO THE AVON THEATRE, THIS IS NOT A RICHLAND CLASS.
(Bring this form with $60 payment to the Avon box-office before or on the first night of class)

We have a new Facebook page up located at www.facebook.com/theavontheatre and a Twitter feed www.twitter.com/theavontheatre and we are going to be doing some groovy things with these places in the future.  I know you'll want some special offers, deals and heads up on some big events we will have coming up.  Become a fan or follow us at these places and you will not only be one cool dude, but will also be up to date on all things Avon.  Right now we have a great deal on Facebook Places, check into the Avon on your Android or IPhone and receive a small plain popcorn with the purchase of a large drink.  Our popcorn was already the best in town and now it is even better because you can get it for free.  This is only the beginning of some fun things we have planned online.  Join us today and we will see you at the Avon and now online.
I got the 'corn popped-
I got the real buttah topped-

Now, all I need is You and You and...YOU!!