[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---JUNE 3rd, 2011

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Jun 2 12:50:44 EDT 2011

SHOWTIMES LISTED HERE ARE NOT VALID UNTIL FRIDAY, JUNE 3rd!!

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"
-Dr. Skippy P. Huston
"The darkness that settles over a movie theater is equivalent to the act of closing the eyes.
Then, on screen, as within the human being, the nocturnal voyage into the unconscious begins."
--Luis Bunuel
WEEK OF FRIDAY,  JUNE 3rd thru THURSDAY,  JUNE 9th  ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

NOTE: PLEASE PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO THE ABOVE EFFECTIVE DATES FOR
THIS NEWSLETTER!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

CONTINUING:
 THE HANGOVER PART II (R) The rowdy sequel to the most successful R-rated comedy in history! This is going to be WILD!!

 KUNG FU PANDA 2 (PG) You know you're dying to see this one! You KNOW you are!

  PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN--PART 4 (PG13) YES!! More of that same popcorn fun with Johnny Depp at the helm!!

COMING SOON:
 JUNE 10th: SUPER 8 (PG13)

 JUNE 17th: THE GREEN LANTERN (PG13)

 JUNE 24th: CARS 2 (PG)

 JULY 1st: TRANSFORMERS 3: DARK OF THE MOON (PG13)

 JULY 1st: THE TREE OF LIFE (PG13)

 JULY 15th: HARRY POTTER (the last chapter) (PG13) This is IT! No more Harry Potter after this one!

...and the list goes on and on!!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE HANGOVER---PART 2 (R)

There's a rather amusing story behind the Avon and the first entry of this movie, "The Hangover"...
We were "advised" by industry hoo-hahs that the original "The Hangover" was too raunchy and dirty for Avon audiences!
We accepted that advice, and did not play it.
-Then we watched as it become the biggest R-rated comedy of all time (almost 300 million domestic).
Of course, the haters and wannabes say "It's just more of the same", but, let me tell you buddy, that's a whole lot of "same" I'd like to see some "more" of!!
Hearthrob BRADLEY COOPER, Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis (who should maybe change his last name to something easier to spell, along with keeping his lip zipped in various media interview statements) are all back, along with more surprising cameos!
BUT, let me warn you folks...this is WILD! It is definitely rated R for a good reason! 'nuff said?
THE HANGOVER---PART 2 (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
MON,TUES, WED & THURS: 7:15
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

KUNG FU PANDA 2 (PG)
And what would Summer at the Avon be if it didn't have some huge animated family film?
In this case, its been 3 years since the last entry, and there's a whole lot of people who are dying to see this one!
JACK BLACK and the whole gang are on-board for a buncha fun!
KUNG FU PANDA 2 (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
MON,TUES, WED & THURS: 6:30
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN---ON STRANGER TIDES (PG13)
Here we go! JOHNNY DEPP in his favorite role as Capt. Jack Sparrow, and a huge cast consisting of most of your old faves from the first 3 movies, and some new ones as well (including babe PENELOPE CRUZ). This is got the gang searching for the Fountain of Youth, and encountering mermaids, zombies, and all sorts of scallywags along the way.
This is one of the BIGGEST movies of the year, folks!
Grab a big bucket of our famous 'corn, slather it with our REEL BUTTAH, and head for cinema heaven!!
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN---ON STRANGER TIDES (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
SUN:(1:00) - (4:00)
MON,TUES, WED & THURS: 6:30

TROY "AVON GODFATHER" TAYLOR TIME!!

NIGHT AT THE AVON THEATER
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to spend the night inside of the haunted Avon Theater... wondering about those sounds you might hear and whether that cold air you feel on the back of your neck is just your imagination? If you have, now's your chance! Join author Troy Taylor as we open the Avon for the first time for an entire night of ghost hunting! Be there for this rare overnight investigation on Saturday, July 2, as we open the doors to the theater for ghost hunters for the first time ever. Is the Avon really as haunted as some of our staff members and customers claim? We can tell you for a fact that it is, but you can find out for yourself during what we hope will be a chilling night to remember!
Why do we call the Avon Theater haunted? The Avon was opened in 1916 as a movie house but never really thrived until nearly ten years later, when it was taken over by Gust Constanopoulos and his brothers. Over the course of the next 40 years, Gust owned and managed the theater and even though he died in 1965, many of us have come to believe that he has never left! Since we re-opened in 1999, staff members and customers have encountered not only the lingering spirit of Gust, but many other hauntings as well. The Avon is -- simply stated -- one of the most haunted places in Illinois but until now, has never been opened for ghost hunts. So, join us for this private event and be among the first to search for the spirits of this vintage movie theater!
Only a handful of spots remain for this overnight ghost event, hosted by Troy Taylor!
For additional information and reservations, go to http://www.bumpinthenight.net/avon.html
AVON Q & A:
Q: WHY IS YOUR POPCORN SO MUCH BETTER THAN OTHERS?