[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---JUNE 10th, 2011

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Jun 9 12:11:45 EDT 2011

SHOWTIMES LISTED HERE ARE NOT VALID UNTIL FRIDAY, JUNE 10th!!

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JUNE 10th thru THURSDAY, JUNE 16th  ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

NOTE: PLEASE PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO THE ABOVE EFFECTIVE DATES FOR
THIS NEWSLETTER!!

Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OPENING
  SUPER 8 (PG13) Steven Spielberg and filmmaker J.J. Abrams team up for what just may be the surprise hit of the summer!!

 BRIDESMAIDS (R) In case you missed it, we bring this wild and fun comedy back for another look!

MIDNIGHT PREMIERE THURSDAY, JUNE 16th!!:
 GREEN LANTERN (PG13) Ryan Reynolds in one of the Summer's blockbusters!

CONTINUING:
 THE HANGOVER PART II (R) The rowdy sequel to the most successful R-rated comedy in history! This is going to be WILD!!

COMING SOON:
 JUNE 24th: CARS 2 (PG)

 JUNE 29th: TRANSFORMERS 3: DARK OF THE MOON (PG13)

 JULY 1st: LARRY CROWNE (PG13) Tom Hanks & Julia Roberts!! Perfect "Avon movie"!!

 JULY 15th: HARRY POTTER (the last chapter) (PG13) This is IT! No more Harry Potter after this one!

...and the list goes on and on!!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SUPER 8 (PG13)

What a fabulous summer gumbo this is! Take veteran Steve Spielberg as Producer, up-and-coming Director J.J.Abrams, and cross it with the feel of "Stand By Me", "ET", "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" and maybe a little bit of "Alien", and you have what is in line to be the surprise hit of the summer!
The story involves some young friends in the 1970's making a home movie, and something their camera catches accidentally...
Intrigued? You should be!
Come share SUPER 8 with us!
SUPER 8 (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
MON,TUES, WED: 6:30
THURS: 7:00
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BRIDESMAIDS (R)

I'm sure most of you are aware this is the smash comedy hit from 2 weeks ago, but what we are not sure of is how many of you still have not seen it, or want to see it again! (We know people who have seen it more than 2 times!)
Be aware, as in our other hit movie "The Hangover---Part Two" this is VERY raunchy and wild fun!
(Except, with BRIDESMAIDS, it is the ladies doing all the gross and hysterically funny antics!)
We brought this back as a kind of "encore" and to fill in a spot planned for later in the month.
We think it was a good choice, and we hope you do too!
BRIDESMAIDS  (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
MON,TUES, WED: 7:00
THURS: 7:15
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE HANGOVER---PART 2 (R)

There's a rather amusing story behind the Avon and the first entry of this movie, "The Hangover"...
We were "advised" by industry hoo-hahs that the original "The Hangover" was too raunchy and dirty for Avon audiences!
We accepted that advice, and did not play it.
-Then we observed as it become the biggest R-rated comedy of all time (almost 300 million domestic).
Of course, the haters and wannabes say "It's just more of the same", but, let me tell you buddy, that's a whole lot of "same" I'd like to see some "more" of!!
Hearthrob BRADLEY COOPER, Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis are all back, along with more surprising cameos!
BUT, let me warn you folks...this is WILD! It is definitely rated R for a good reason! 'nuff said?
THE HANGOVER---PART 2 (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
MON,TUES, WED: 7:15
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
MIDNIGHT PREMIERE THURSDAY, JUNE 16th!!
Ryan Reynolds is GREEN LANTERN (PG13)

MIDNIGHT THIS THURSDAY (JUNE 16th)
BE THERE OR BE VERRRRRY SQUARE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

FILM CLASSES RESUME THURSDAY, JUNE 16th @ 6:30

SUMMER FILM CLASSES!!, Richland-at-the-Avon's Film Class/Screening & Discussion
NOW IN THE 11th YEAR OF OFFERING!!
Overlooked Films, Part 10 – FILM 8836
Sect. 01:  Thurs., June 16 – Aug. 4
Time: 6:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Instructor:  Skip Huston
Location:  Avon Theatre, Downtown Decatur, IL
Cost:  $80
The "Overlooked Films" classes are the Richland-at-the- Avon's most popular, and have been for the past 10 years!
Maybe it is because you never know what you are going to get!
(It is traditional to never announce what movies will be included prior to class night)

The "Overlooked" label can include virtually anything; comedies, thrillers; dramas; epics, etc., etc.
Class instructor and Avon Theater owner, Skip Huston, has one primary goal with each "Overlooked" film course: he wants to find you your next "favorite" movie out of a 8 week series of films you have never heard of!

He succeeds at least once with this in any 8 week course, and sometimes more than that!
Skip has a unique way of finding movies that have slipped through the cracks. Those "under the radar" movies that usually never even played in the local theaters yet are very worthwhile and enjoyable just the same!

 Join us for "Overlooked Films, Part 10" this summer!  It's a great way to spend the summer!

CONTACT JENNIFER BELOW OR COME A LITTLE EARLY ON THE FIRST CLASS NIGHT AND SIGN-UP WITH HER THEN!!
Jennifer Peterson
Continuing Education Coordinator
Richland Community College
(217) 875-7211, Ext. 353
By the way, TIGHTWAD TUESDAYS are BAAAAAACK!!
All Shows on Tuesday only $4.50!! You heard right! $4.50!!
-I Wanna See ALL of YOU this weekend!!