[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS---FEB. 25th, 2011

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Feb 23 18:12:41 EST 2011

WEEK OF FRIDAY, FEB. 25th thru THURSDAY, MARCH 3rd  ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING:

 HALL PASS (R) Outrageously sexy comedy with OWEN WILSON & CHRISTINA APPLEGATE

CONTINUING:

 UNKNOWN (PG13) The #1 Movie in America! LIAM NEESON in a "Hitchcock-type" thriller!!

 I AM NUMBER FOUR (PG13) Huge sci-fi action/adventure!

COMING SOON:

  MARCH 4th: RANGO (PG) Johnny Depp and a bunch of others in a rollicking animated romp that is NOT just for kids!

  MARCH 11th: RED RIDING HOOD (R) A new take on the old fairy tale!
 MARCH 18th: LIMITLESS (PG13) Bradley Cooper and Robert DeNiro in a tale of mindbending sci-fi action!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HALL PASS (R)
Rick (Owen Wilson) and Fred (Jason Sudeikis) are best friends who have a lot in common, including the fact that they have each been married for many years. But when the two men begin to show signs of restlessness at home, their wives (Jenna Fischer, Christina Applegate) take a bold approach to revitalizing their marriages: granting them a "hall pass," one week of freedom to do whatever they want...no questions asked. At first, it sounds like a dream come true for Rick and Fred. But it isn't long before they discover that their expectations of the single life-and themselves-are completely, and hilariously, out of sync with reality. (From the official Warner Bros. synopsis)

Ok, folks! If you liked"The Hangover", or "There's Something About Mary", or "The Wedding Crashers", here is a raunchy and sexy comedy that is frankly HILARIOUS!!
But, be warned: This is definitely a "R" rating, so be prepared for some real "dirty joke" kind of fun!
HALL PASS (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50/$5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++

UNKNOWN (PG13)
Here we have week #2 of the #1 Movie in the Country!!
And, boy, all of you sure showed us last weekend you'd prefer to see it at THE AVON!!
Maybe its because of our incredible popcorn, or maybe its because we have been voted "Best Place To See a Movie" for 6 years, or maybe its because all of you think we are sooooo groovy; but, whatever it is, you came to THE AVON to see "Unknown" more than those "other guys", and we heartily thank-you for that!

Now, if you haven't seen this Liam Neeson action thriller (with a "Hitchcock" feel , you better get a'movin'!
UNKNOWN (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50/$5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 7:00
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

I AM NUMBER FOUR (PG13)
Three are dead. He is Number Four. D.J. Caruso ("Eagle Eye," "Disturbia") helms an action-packed thriller about an extraordinary young man, John Smith (Alex Pettyfer), who is a fugitive on the run from ruthless enemies sent to destroy him. Changing his identity, moving from town to town with his guardian Henri (Timothy Olyphant), John is always the new kid with no ties to his past. In the small Ohio town he now calls home, John encounters unexpected, life-changing events-his first love (Dianna Agron), powerful new abilities and a connection to the others who share his incredible destiny. John (Alex Pettyfer) is an extraordinary young man, masking his true identity and passing as a typical student to elude a deadly enemy seeking to destroy him. Three like him have already been killed...he is Number Four. Based on the book by Pittacus Lore. (From the official Buena Vista synopsis)
I AM NUMBER FOUR (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50/$5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
ENDS THURSDAY!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 RANTS, RAVINGS & RAMBLINGS FROM THE HEAD HONCHO

We'll be on a short day on Sunday with only 2 sets of shows, so we can be home to watch the Oscars.
I'm not too excited about this year's award fest.
It would be nice to see some surprises, but I am afraid this year will be so predictable, it will be pathetic.

Still, its a grand spectacle, and its always been a tradition to be excited about the Oscars at my house!

And, who knows, maybe the cinema gods will smile on us and actually make some jaw-dropping shocking awards happen?

But, don't count on it.

I'd love to see TRUE GRIT win something, or INCEPTION...

But, don't count on it.

It's been such a long Oscar season, and I am so weary of the same few movies being endlessly touted, I will be glad to finally see it over!

I always say: The Oscars are MY "Super-Bowl", but this year it just seems the game has already been played weeks ago!!!

Come See Me This Weekend!!
I'll Be Looking for You and You and...YOU!!