[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---DEC. 23rd, 2011

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Dec 21 14:50:46 EST 2011

WEEK OF FRIDAY, DEC. 23rd thru THURSDAY, DEC. 29th  ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com
NOTE: PLEASE PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO THE ABOVE EFFECTIVE DATES FOR
THIS NEWSLETTER!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ok, so the last thing you need right now, as you scamper all around to get those last-minute Christmas things done is more or my blather!
So, this will be a shortened newsletter, with only the "meat & potatoes"!!

HOLIDAY SCHEDULE:
(NOTE: WE WILL CLOSE EARLY ON CHRISTMAS EVE SO OUR BELOVED STAFF CAN SPEND TIME WITH THEIR FAMILIES)

THE DESCENDANTS  (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (2:15) - (5:15) - 8:15
SAT (Christmas Eve): (2:15) - (5:15) (NOTE: The Descendants ENDS after Saturday! Hurry!)

WE BOUGHT A ZOO  (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
SAT (Christmas Eve): (2:00) - (5:00)
SUN: (Christmas Day) (2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
MON thru THURS: (5:00) - 8:00

WAR HORSE (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
STARTS SUN: (Christmas Day) (1:00) - (4:15) - 7:30
MON thru THURS: (4:15) - 7:30

SHERLOCK HOLMES: A Game of Shadows  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $5.75 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
SAT (Christmas Eve): (1:00) - (4:00)
SUN: (Christmas Day) (2:15) - (5:15) - 8:15
MON thru THURS: (5:15) - 8:15
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(2nd REMINDER!! You only have until New Year's Eve to get this submitted)

This is the time when we ask you to please do something for us and fill out the new Herald & Review "Reader's Choice" ballot!
Here is the link: http://herald-review.com/app/special/readerschoice/2011_ballot.php
Just click there and fill out at least 45 categories (not as tough as you'd think) and remember to vote for THE AVON under the "Best Place to See a Movie" category.
You don't have to be a Decatur resident to vote! (hint to all our out-of-state readers).

We'd really like to place #1 again this year! That will make 6 years in a row we have been blessed to have your votes!

And, as for the category of "Best Decaturite"??
I won #1 the year before this!
(Last year #1 was Paul Osborne, who is a groovy dude too!)
Truth be told, I have landed in the Top 3 for "Best Decaturite" for the past 6 or 7 years.

-BUT...only attained #1 that one time!
(And, boy did that make some local stuff-shirts angry! HaHaHa!)

So, if we have pleased you this year, and you want to show your support above and beyond letting us entertain you...
PLEASE CAST YOUR VOTE FOR THE AVON!!!
CLICK RIGHT HERE>>>>>> http://herald-review.com/app/special/readerschoice/2011_ballot.php
++++++++++++++++++++
* Our NEW "Gift Options"!!!!
Here are the details:

1.) $10.00: Our NEW 2-Movie Pass! This is up to a $15.00 value, and entitles the bearer admission to TWO movies at any time! May be used all at once or split up over two visits. (Only available for purchase until Christmas Eve!)

2.) $20.00: Our NEW 4-Movie Pass! This is up to a $30.00 value, and entitles the bearer admission to FOUR movies at any time! May be used all at once or split over up to 4 visits.
-or-
2A.) $20.00: Our standard $20.00 gift certificate.

3.) $50.00: Our VIP PASS that is good for TEN MOVIES! This is up to a $75.00 value, and can be used for up to FOUR admissions per visit.

These new passes replace all gift certificates with the exception of the $20.00.
The new passes are a higher value, and much quicker and more convenient to use!

AND...You can now purchase the gift passes and certificates ONLINE and have them mailed for only $1.00 extra!
Just go to our website at www.theAvon.com and look for the banner. Click on it and you are almost done!

FREE CHRISTMAS MOVIE SCHEDULE!!
The Avon Theater & The Cromwell Radio Group (WEJT, The Party, The Fox, Talk 101, & Magic 98)
PRESENTS....
The Avon Theater's FREE FREE FREE Holiday Entertainment:
THURSDAY, December 22 -- 7:00 PM:
A Charlie Brown Christmas  (animated short)
Followed by National Lampoon's CHRISTMAS VACATION (PG13)
HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY SEASON, AND COME SEE US!!