[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS---SEPT. 3rd, 2010

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Sep 1 11:39:26 EDT 2010

NOTE: EXTENDED LABOR DAY WEEKEND SHOWTIMES!!
"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Dr. Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 3rd  thru THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 9th ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com
OPENING:
GET LOW (PG13) Bill Murray, Robert Duvall & Sissy Spacek in a tall tale that is almost true!

GOING THE DISTANCE (R) Drew Barrymore in a love story about long-distance relationships!

CONTINUING:
WINTER'S BONE (R) This is the most-honored and critically-acclaimed American film of the year!!

COMING SOON:
LOTS of good'uns!! (But, nothing we can announce yet!)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
GET LOW (PG13)

ROBERT DUVALL, BILL MURRAY & SISSY SPACEK.
How's THAT for a line-up?
This almost, kinda, maybe true tall tale about a gruff old hermit who throws a funeral party BEFORE he dies, will win you over!
If you've read any interviews with BILL MURRAY lately, you know that he doesn't do very many movies these days...
He likes to do ONLY what he likes to do (such as the hilarious cameo in "Zombieland") so for him to take a major role in this is something to consider, for sure!
Come early and listen to the wonderful "Get Low" soundtrack playing in the theater before the movie. It's a charming concoction of 1930's jazz, good ol' hillbilly banjo, and a beautiful song by our own Alison Kraus (yup, she was born here in Soybean City!).
GET LOW (PG13)
NOTE: EXTENDED LABOR DAY WEEKEND SHOWTIMES
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (5:00) - 8:00
SAT, SUN & MON: (2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
TUES, WED & THURS: 6:30
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
GOING THE DISTANCE (R)
Can long-distance romances work?
Well, I've known plenty that haven't, but it is so nice that lovers will still TRY.
DREW BARRYMORE in her brand-new, and slightly naughty romantic comedy that I am sure you've seen the TV ads for.
CHRISTINA APPLEGATE as Drew's sister is a real funny ingredient to this frothy film for the "chick flick" crowd.
Now that EAT PRAY LOVE has sailed off into the Avon sunset, you don't have to go through withdrawal!
A perfect "ladies night out" movie! And, fun for the guys too!
GOING THE DISTANCE (R)
NOTE: EXTENDED LABOR DAY WEEKEND SHOWTIMES
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:00) - 7:00
SAT, SUN & MON: (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00

TUES, WED & THURS: 7:15
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
WINTER'S BONE (R)
"Way down in Missouri, where I heard this melody...
The banjos were strummin'
The old folks were hummin'
So wild and free"
If you have not yet experienced this humble and honest film, you need to get down to bidness right now! Y'hear??
Witness a star-making performance in actress JENNIFER LAWRENCE doing a job of acting that will literally knock you for a loop!
Yes, the critics are 100% bonafide in going crazy over this one!
The winner of every independent film award under the sun, and not an easy film to be able to see either! THE AVON is the ONLY theater in downstate Illinois playing this, and that is only because I worked all summer to try and get it!
That's all I am saying...If you don't see it, it is YOUR loss!

By the way, JENNIFER LAWRENCE will get a Best Actress Oscar Nomination for this. You heard it here first.
Want to read an in-depth analysis of the greatness of WINTER'S BONE?? Click this link: http://www.cantstopthemovies.com/?p=2802
WINTER'S BONE (R)
NOTE: EXTENDED LABOR DAY WEEKEND SHOWTIMES
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:15) - 7:15
SAT, SUN & MON: (1:15) - (4:15) - 7:15
TUES, WED & THURS: 7:20
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
RANTS, RAVINGS & RUMBLINGS FROM THE HEAD HONCHO...

Hey, Folks!!

We think it would be a real hoot to have Senate Candidate TIM DUDLEY work at THE AVON for a day!
PLEASE take a few seconds to click on the link below and vote for THE AVON and 4 other businesses!!
These votes will be counted soon, so do it now! Don't delay!
CLICK THIS LINK: http://timdudley.com/onthejob/

And, just in case any of you think I am violating a rule of mine about not supporting political candidates through the Avon; I'm NOT taking sides in the race, but I am happy to participate in this very clever and useful promotion!
WHY??
-Let me make it perfectly Nixonian clear:
I am very concerned that so few of our local, state or nationally elected officials have so little knowledge about how SMALL BUSINESS operates!
Any candidate that actually makes an effort like this to immerse himself into the small business community, is a major step in the right direction!
Small business is the BACK-BONE of America, and our politicos have ignored that for far, far, far too long!!

If you online voters place Dudley at the Avon for a shift (among 4 other businesses), his duties will include working the concession stand and enforcing the theater's no-cell-phone policy during movies (which includes beating transgressors with a flashlight)....
Thanks!!
-Skip

P.S. You don't have to be a local resident, a registered voter, or even a human being to vote for us in this promotion.
There's only one hitch: You can't vote the "Chicago way"...in other words: You can only vote once, and dead people aren't counted either!
SO CLICK THIS LINK: http://timdudley.com/onthejob/  and GET-R-DONE!!!