[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS---OCTOBER 15th, 2010

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Oct 13 18:57:51 EDT 2010

Ashley Petty                                                               Skip Huston
"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Dr. Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY, OCT. 15th thru THURSDAY, OCT. 21st ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com
OPENING:
NEVER LET ME GO (R) Oscar nominee Carey Mulligan & Keira Knightley in a stunner!!
CONTINUING:
LIFE AS WE KNOW IT (PG13) Katherine Heigl & Josh Duhamel in a rollicking romantic comedy!
THE TOWN (R) Ben Affleck, Jon Hamm, Jeremy Renner in a hard-edged crime thriller! ENDS SOON!!

COMING SOON:
OCT. 22nd & 23rd @ MIDNIGHT!!: THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW (NR) Our Annual Halloween Costume Ball on Stage and Screen!!
OCT. 22nd: SECRETARIAT (PG) Don't go out to the "other guys", we'll have it soon!!
OCT. 22nd: ??? (Negotiations continue in high, forbidden places)
OCT. 29th & 30th @ 10:30 PM: FREE HALLOWEEN SHOCKERS hosted by TROY TAYLOR IN-PERSON!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!!
COMING SOON: WAITING FOR SUPERMAN (PG) The documentary you MUST see about our American school system!!

NOV. 5th: CONVICTION (R) 2-time Oscar winner Hilary Swank, Minnie Driver and Sam Rockwell in an amazing true story!
NOV. 19th: NEW HARRY POTTER!! (It isn't going to be released in 3D after all, YAY!!)
...and MORE!!!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NEVER LET ME GO (R)
Best Actress Oscar nominee for last year's "An Education", CAREY MULLIGAN, and KEIRA KNIGHTLEY, whom you have seen in tons of movies including the "Pirates of the Caribbean" series, co-star with the new "Spiderman", ANDREW GARFIELD, and screen veteran, CHARLOTTE RAMPLING.
This is from a very highly acclaimed novel by the same author as "The Remains of the Day", but, it is NOTHING like that story!
In fact, this story is SO different and SO potentially shocking, it can only be hinted at.
(If you watched the preview VERY carefully, you could tell what the "secret element" of the story is...but, I'm not going to spoil it for you!).
This is a very well-reviewed film, and has performances you will note for a long time.
Suffice to say: There will be much discussion among the Avon crowd about this one!

NEVER LET ME GO (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50 'Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

LIFE AS WE KNOW IT (PG13)
Well, this one was a surprise!
Even though KATHERINE HEIGL is rapidly becoming the "go to" gal for romantic comedies; after a couple recent flops, it was rather concerning whether this was going to be another dud...
So, worry no more! It's a whole lot of fun!
I've always thought JOSH DUHAMEL was going to have a big career someday, and this may get him well on the way to that.
Is it a "chick flick"? Ya' think?
But, that's not a bad thing at all!
In fact, I've often said that I really LIKE "chick flicks"!! No foolin'!
This has a good story, and is not some run-of-the-mill boy-meets-girl hoo-hah either.
Imagine a baby being raised by two godparents who can't stand each other, and you have a good idea!
LIFE AS WE KNOW IT (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50 'Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 7:00

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE TOWN (R)
Wheeee, doggies, granny! This here movie has been here FIVE WEEKS!!
Do you want to know why?
Because it's a real good'un, that's why!
(If you can tell me why I lapsed into Beverly Hillbillies lingo about a serious crime movie set in Boston, you are doing better than I am!)
BEN AFFLECK stars and directs, and is totally upstaged by JEREMY RENNER (Oscar nominee for last year's "Best Picture", THE HURT LOCKER) and JON HAMM, the multi-Emmy winner for TV's "Mad Men".
This film has what we call "repeatability", that means you can see it more than once and find more things to enjoy in it!
I, myself, have seen it THREE TIMES!
So, whatever has been your problem; if you don't like the bland title, or you don't like Ben Affleck, or if you don't like great cops and robbers movies (your loss), you need to work that out and get down to see this before it finally does leave!
THE TOWN (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50 'Bargain Matinees")
MON thru WED: 6:30
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
RANTS, RAVINGS & RUMBLINGS FROM THE HEAD HONCHO...
Here's a real treat, folks! A little something from our own General Manager, Ashley Petty!!

It's that time of year again!
OUR ANNUAL COSTUME BALL!!
The ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW  IS COMING to our stage & screen!!

Friday October 22nd, and Saturday October 23rd join us for MIDNIGHT showings of Rocky Horror complete with the Millikin shadow cast and hundreds of your nearest and dearest "Transylvanians".

It's a special kind of chaos, and you shouldn't miss it!
Costumes ARE encouraged, but certainly not required. Come as BARE as you DARE, or just wear your PJs, we don't mind!

The shows are FRIDAY, Oct. 22nd and SATURDAY, Oct. 23rd at MIDNIGHT!
TICKETS ARE ONLY $10 AND ARE ON SALE NOW!!!

Prop bags will be available for sale with the Millikin shadow cast, but if you choose to bring your own, please be aware that our staff WILL be checking your bags when you enter the theater, and we WILL make you get rid of anything we don't like!

-Ashley "The Mangler" Petty
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
PLUS!! LOOK AT THIS!!!!
HALLOWEEN WEEKEND FREEBIES WITH TROY TAYLOR, DEAD & IN-PERSON!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
GIFT CERTIFICATE GROUP DISCOUNT SALE!!
That's right! We offer a GROUP DISCOUNT on our dollar-for-dollar gift certificates if you are buying in corporate or quantity bulk!
Our attractive gift certificates come in $5 (multiple sales only) $10, $20 & $50 increments.
*BUY AT LEAST 10 certificates, and get a DISCOUNT!!
*BUY 50 or more, and get an even bigger discount!
*BUY 100 or more, and we'll really talk turkey!
*BUY OVER 1,000, and we'll talk turkey and all the fixin's!!
Details will be coming as soon as I figure them out...
It won't be long!
Come See Me Soon!!
I'm Looking for You and You and...YOU!!
-Skippy Huston