[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS---OCTOBER 29th, 2010

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Oct 27 14:52:08 EDT 2010

Sue Huston                                                                                                                           Skip Huston
"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Dr. Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY, OCT. 29th thru THURSDAY, NOV. 4th ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com
OPENING:

WAITING FOR SUPERMAN (PG) The documentary you MUST see about our American school system!!
YOU AGAIN (PG) You wanted this fun comedy at THE AVON, well YOU GOT IT!!
FREE ONLY FRI & SAT @ 10:30 PM: FREE HALLOWEEN SHOCKERS hosted by TROY TAYLOR IN-PERSON!! FREE!! FREE!! FREE!!

CONTINUING:
SECRETARIAT (PG) Finally at the Avon!! Straight from the heart!! Bring the whole family for this one!

COMING SOON:
NOV. 5th: TBA
NOV. 10th (Wednesday) MORNING GLORY (PG13) Harrison Ford, Diane Keaton & Rachel McAdams!! Need we say more??
NOV. 12th: UNSTOPPABLE (PG13) Denzel Washington in a mind-blowing action film about a runaway train!
NOV. 19th: NEW HARRY POTTER!! (It isn't going to be released in 3D after all, YAY!!)
...and MORE!!!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WAITING FOR SUPERMAN (PG)
Someday, maybe after all the election hoo-hah of Nov. 2nd, 2010 has passed into history, I may tell the incredible story of how this film came to be playing at the Avon, and ONLY at the Avon in this area!
Its a story worthy of any cloak and dagger thriller, and involves people who do NOT want this film played BEFORE the Nov. 2nd election, and people who DO want this film played before the Nov. 2nd election.
Well, it ended up being a decision that was beyond my control!
Paramount Pictures decides when a film plays, and they chose for it to open wider nationally on Oct. 29th, BEFORE the Nov. 2nd elections and referendums all over the country.
-And all the king's horses and all the king's men can't get that changed!
This stunning documentary that is a veritable pathology of the American Public School system is a MUST-SEE!!
-And a must-see for EVERYONE! Not just those of you who have kids in school!!
As the movie makes clear: The battleground for our nation's future lies in the classroom!
Come see if we are in big trouble...or not!
WAITING FOR SUPERMAN (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50 'Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SECRETARIAT (PG)
When we did not open this on the national release date, it was a very sad day for us and hundreds of Decatur moviegoers who would rather wait for DVD release than brave the mean screens of the "other guys"...
When we had the opportunity to bring this wonderful and feel-good saga in after 2 weeks had passed, we wondered if our customers would actually have waited to see it with us...
After all, we had not announced we were going to have it until after one week had passed!
THEN, BOY WERE WE SURPRISED!!
The minute SECRETARIAT lit up our screen for the first time last Friday, the audiences came as if it had just been released!
All we can say is: THANK-YOU FOR WAITING!!
This is an "Avon movie" in all sense of the word, and now justice has prevailed and it has a home where it should have been all along!
COME SEE IT!! YOU'LL STAND UP AND CHEER!!
SECRETARIAT (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50 'Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 7:00
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

YOU AGAIN (PG)
So, of course, after the success of bringing in "Secretariat" after a few weeks, we looked at another one we missed out on too, and thought "Why Not?"...Maybe lightning can strike twice? With a cast like BETTY WHITE, SIGOURNEY WEAVER, JAMIE LEE CURTIS; how can you go wrong??
Plus, it's rated "PG", so you can bring along your Granny if you want! (Or she can bring along YOU!)
YOU AGAIN (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50 'Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
FREE SCARY MOVIES FRIDAY & SATURDAY @ 10:30 PM!!
Native son, and famous author TROY TAYLOR will be DEAD and IN-PERSON!!

FRIDAY NIGHT 10:30                        SATURDAY NIGHT 10:30
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
RANTS, RAVINGS & RUMBLINGS FROM THE HEAD HONCHO...
So, we have survived another ROCKY HORROR PICTURE show midnight weekend!
Man, it was a blast!!
I don't know how we could have managed without the efforts of our volunteers like my daughter, Melissa Rinchiuso, or long-time Avon angel, Jill Bergin, or home-from-college staffers Hannah Elliott & Jill Monroe. Not to mention Haunted Decatur tour guide John Winterbauer, and veteran Avon dude, Doug Hicks.
And, then there was our own staff, who always rise to the occasion!

I'll be glad to see Halloween finally over, because with it also goes (in a few days after) a very messy and mud-slung election season!
I think ALL got a little nasty this year!

Maybe, in the future, we should have all the candidates decided by gladiatorial combat!!
---or did we just do that?

But, what do I know?
MOVIES and POPCORN!!
That's what I know!
And I know those things better than anyone else you'll ever find!

COME SEE ME THIS WEEKEND!!
I'LL HAVE THE CORN HOT AND THE REAL BUTTER BUBBLIN' !!

-SKIP HUSTON