[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE EXTRA! EXTRA!

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Sun Nov 7 12:11:13 EST 2010

Ashley Petty (GENERAL MANGLER)                           Skip Huston (HEAD HONCHO)
 AVON THEATRE EXTRA!! EXTRA!!
LOOK WHAT OPENS THIS WEDNESDAY @ 7:15 PM!!

 PG13

Hey. Folks: If there was ever a category listing for "definitive" Avon movies, MORNING GLORY would have a prime place on it!
I have been so excited about bringing this one to the Avon audiences, ever since I heard about it last Summer!

Many of you are painfully aware how Hollywood seems to pander only to a certain younger clientele...
The Avon Theater is a rare and anomalistic creature in that we take great steps to find those films that appeal to OUR customer base!

Just imagine the poor saps out there in the rest of the country who are stuck in the ruts of movie multiplex hell!
I hear all the time from people who have moved away to other cities and states: "There is NO 'Avon' here!!"

---And they would be 100% correct in that assertion!

We have been going 12 years now, and it has never been easy...
- In fact, it has been almost unbearable at times...
What I want YOU to think about right now is this:

Imagine Decatur WITHOUT the Avon.
Imagine downtown WITHOUT the Avon.

If that is not an attractive vision, then remember we don't have the luxury of federal grants and tax-deductible donations.
We have to SELL tickets and popcorn to keep going!

Unlike some other theater projects around that are in the non-profit organization category, when we need money: WE HAVE TO EARN IT!

We don't hold out our hand for donations and grants and annuities, we get down to business and try to fill those seats and move that fabulous popcorn!

Please keep that in mind the next time you make an entertainment choice...
WE ARE ONLY THERE BECAUSE YOU ARE!!!