[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS---MAY 21st, 2010

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu May 20 00:09:06 EDT 2010

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Dr. Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY, MAY 21st  thru THURSDAY, MAY 27th ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

CONTINUING:
ROBIN HOOD (PG13) Russell Crowe & Cate Blanchett in a rip-roaring adventure!
Disney's OCEANS (G) The huge documentary for the whole family, and now more topical than ever!
CHLOE (R) Julianne Moore, Liam Neeson and Amanda Seyfried in a HOT erotic thriller!

NEXT WEEK:
THURSDAY, MAY 27th: SEX AND THE CITY 2 (R) Need I say more?
FRIDAY, MAY 28th: PRINCE OF PERSIA: The Sands of Time (PG13) Jake Gyllenhaal in an astounding Summer "popcorn" picture!
...and more, more... MORE!! A Whole Summer's Worth MORE!!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ROBIN HOOD (PG13)
So, RUSSELL CROWE proved to the world he can still "open" a movie!
And, little wonder that the industry was shocked last Monday to find out this had outgrossed even that latest comic-book super-hero tedium to be the #1 movie in the entire globe! (For you sticklers, it fell a little short in the USA, but check out those world figures).
A fine cast headed by CATE BLANCHETT and the legendary MAX VON SYDOW. Think of this as a gumbo of "Gladiator" and the criminally overlooked "Kingdom of Heaven", and you will be in hog heaven!
In all honesty, director Ridley Scott knows the business of "epics", and he does them so well!
Everything works here; from the settings, to the musical score, to the eye-popping action sequences, to the soul of a good story.

For those of you who are not quite sure why this Robin Hood seems different from the movies you have known before, you need to keep this in mind:
This is the "back-story", the "origins" tale; where this one ends, is where all the rest begin!
Once you get your mind straight on that, you will be immersed in the world of England 1000 years ago.
ROBIN HOOD (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 6:30
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Disney's OCEANS (G)

This has got a lot of fishy characters, who are in too deep.
Some will say they are all wet!
(Aren't I just the most witty one?)
You have a few final days to see this astounding documentary.
Bring the whole family!!
Disney's OCEANS (G)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 6:40
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CHLOE (R)
JULIANNE MOORE is always a good bet for an incredible performance, and LIAM NEESON is no slouch either.
This smoking-hot story of sexual obsession and jealousy also stars up-and-comer AMANDA SEYFRIED in a role that is light years away from the usual "PG" fare she is known for.
This is an "Avon movie" in every sense of the term, and will stick with you long after as you ponder some of the twists and nuances in this serpentine story.
HURRY! MUST END SOON!!
CHLOE (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SEX AND THE CITY 2 (R)
The ladies are back, and so many of you have been waiting for this one!
Aside from the clothing and outfits that the show is so famous for, this is also an ongoing chronicle of powerful female friendship.

This is "escapist" entertainment of the highest order!
Forget your troubles, c'mon get happy!
More about it in the next newsletter when we get beyond this rare Thursday opening.
SEX AND THE CITY 2 (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
THURS: (4:00) - 7:15
(MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND SHOWTIMES TBA)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
RAMBLINGS FROM THE HEAD HONCHO
And so the Summer begins!
Well, not quite yet for the cool and rainy weather, but look at the date...
Almost Memorial day!

I hope I have made all the right movie choices for the next few months.
As I am always crabbing about, it is very difficult to program just 3 screens and try to do right by our customers.

The Avon crowd is a very different crowd than most theaters have...
They are more discerning, better behaved, loyal, better looking, smarter, sexier and more erudite!
(and that's just ME!)

You know when you come to the Avon, you are a part of a very select group that has appreciated our efforts for these past 11 years!
With YOUR continued support (and God's sponsorship) we will see you for at least another 11 years!

Come See Me This Weekend!
I got popcorn popped, real buttah melted, hot dogs cooking (Nathan's All-Beef, dee-lish-us!), Pepsi and Coke bubbling, and the  movie reels are rolling for You and You and, especially....YOU!!