[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS---APRIL 2nd, 2010

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Mar 31 14:48:32 EDT 2010

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Dr. Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY, APRIL 2nd thru THURSDAY, APRIL 8th ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY:
CLASH OF THE TITANS 3D (PG13) COME SEE OUR NEW 3D SYSTEM!!
THE GHOST WRITER (PG13) Just trust me: SEE THIS MOVIE!! Pierce Brosnan stars in a Hitchcock-type thriller!

CONTINUING:
THE BOUNTY HUNTER (PG13) Jennifer Aniston & Gerard Butler in the smash hit comedy! ENDS SOON!!

COMING SOON:
APRIL 9th: LETTERS TO GOD (PG) A Faith-based family film that you will love!
APRIL 9th: DATE NIGHT (PG13) Steve Carell & Tina Fey are on the town, and in big trouble too!
APRIL 17th:THE GOLD RUSH (1925) The Millikin Symphony Orchestra accompanies this Charlie Chaplin silent masterpiece! ONE NIGHT ONLY!!
...and MORE!!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
3D COMES TO THE AVON TWINS ON APRIL 2nd!!!
(SNEAK PREMIERE 8 & 10:30 PM ON APRIL 1st!)
SEE THE ACTION SPECTACULAR "CLASH OF THE TITANS" ON THE AVON'S
NEW 3D SYSTEM!!!
INSTALLATION HAS BEEN COMPLETED!!
WE ARE READY, TEDDY!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
HELP WANTED!!
Yes, an exciting career in show-business can be YOURS!!
WE ARE HIRING PART-TIME SUMMER HELP!!
Prefer students, but we will consider all bonafide humans.
>MUST HAVE OWN TRANSPORTATION
>MUST BE ABLE TO WORK NIGHTS, WEEKENDS & HOLIDAYS
>MUST BE ABLE TO CARRY 50 POUND BAGS OF RAW POPCORN
>MUST BE ABLE TO LEAP TALL BUILDINGS IN A SINGLE BOUND
APPLY IN-PERSON TO GENERAL MANAGER ASHLEY PETTY
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE (That's why I said "apply in-person!")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
CLASH OF THE TITANS  3D (PG13)
So, 3D comes to the Avon! (Well...actually the Avon TWINS, but its all the same, right?)
Be prepared for eye-popping adventure from the Greek mythology pages, as an all-star cast deliver the goods to your lap!
This will be HUGE, and, remember that since it is in the TWINS THEATERS and not the BIG AVON, we are limited in how many seats we can sell for each showing---in other words: GET THERE EARLY!!
CLASH OF THE TITANS  3D (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI, SAT, SUN: (2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
MON: (3:15) - 7:15
TUES, WED & THURS:  7:15
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THE GHOST WRITER (PG13)
Do NOT even hesitate to see this movie!
THIS IS ONE YOU MUST NOT MISS!!
Now, do I have your attention?
PIERCE BROSNAN, EWAN McGREGOR, KIM CATRALL and...JIM BELUSHI (where has he been?) in a conspiracy/thriller/mystery that has been called worthy of Hitchcock himself!
This can't be here for very long, so you need to light a fire under those hushpuppies and get down here to see it!
THE GHOST WRITER (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THE BOUNTY HUNTER (PG13)
Your last chances to see GERARD BUTLER and foxy JENNIFER ANISTON in the hit comedy-action fun film!
THE BOUNTY HUNTER (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (5:15) - 8:15
SAT:  (2:15) - (5:15) - 8:15
SUN: (2;15) - (5:15)
MON thru THURS: 7:00
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A NOTE FROM THE HEAD HONCHO...
So, everyone is wondering if we will be charging a 3D surcharge on the 3D movies...
The answer is YES, but not as much as the "other guys".
Hickory Point and the Strand charge $3.00 on top of their already higher ticket prices, but at the Avon we will only charge a $2.00 3D surcharge.
Keep in mind our regular tickets are lower than theirs are too!
Those of you with "Season Passes", "V.I.P. Passes" and "White Tickets" will still have to pay the $2.00 3D charge. (These passes and promotional tickets were done for REGULAR showings, not premium 3D presentations.)
Gift Certificates will be charged accordingly.
I hope you understand we had to make a substantial investment in order to offer 3D, and the surcharge is our way of trying to recoup that.

Personally, I would've rather not gone the 3D route, but you all know that any theater who is not 3D capable in this current business climate, is really skirting the edge of viability. (Especially in a competitive market!)

I hope you appreciate we didn't just match the competition and charge the $3.00!

Thanks,
Skip
Have You Signed Up for My Next Film Class yet??
Ya' better hurry! It starts Thursday, April 1st!!!
SILENT MOVIE CLASSICS---PART 6!!

The continuation of our popular film and discussion series on the classics of the silent screen!

A 6 WEEK COURSE STARTING THURSDAY, APRIL 1st  and ending THURSDAY, MAY 6th!!

This 6 week class and discussion film series will meet every Thursday @ 6:30 PM starting April 1st at The Avon Theatre.
Cost is $60, in cash or check  (no credit cards, please), checks payable to "Ripper Entertainment".
NOTE: This class is NOT payable through Richland!

Unlike all of our previous film classes, we WILL reveal SOME (but not ALL) of the movies to be screened beforehand.

WINGS (1927) The FIRST movie to win the "Best Picture" Oscar! Clara Bow and Buddy Rogers.
THE  SON OF THE SHEIK (1926) Rudolph Valentino in his best, and last film!

THE WIND (1928) Lillian Gish in the unforgettable ultra-classic!

THE DOCKS OF NEW YORK (1928) Extremely rare Josef von Sternberg directed masterpiece!

.and MORE to be decided!! (Maybe a Douglas Fairbanks? Maybe a D.W. Griffith Epic? Maybe Greta Garbo?)

Seeing one of the silent classics of the Golden Age of Cinema in the 1916  vintage Avon Theatre, is a "transporting" and even rather eerie & remarkable journey through the archaeology of the cinema! Many of these films were considered LOST until just recently!! This is an unforgettable experience for the true film buff!!

CLIP THIS OUT AND DROP OFF AT OUR LOBBY WITH CASH OR CHECK PAYMENT

Come  join us for 6 weeks of unforgettable movie experiences, and a lively discussion with fellow film-buffs!  Sign up TODAY at the AVON THEATRE!

(Give this form with your payment to the Avon Theatre's staff)
SILENT MOVIE CLASSICS-PART 6 SIGN-UP FORM

$60, Cash or Check (no credit cards for this class, please)

EMAIL (if any):____________________________________________              (Email to be used only for class purposes)

Come See Me Soon, Folks!
I'm Watching for YOU!!