[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS---JUNE 18th, 2010

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Jun 17 10:29:17 EDT 2010

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Dr. Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY, JUNE 18th thru THURSDAY, JUNE 24th ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING:
TOY STORY 3 (G) Here's a really BIG one! In a Special REGULAR PRICE 2D Presentation too!
PRINCESS KAIULANI (PG) The epic saga of the legendary Hawaiian princess from 1888! A real "Avon Movie"!!
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 23rd: KNIGHT & DAY (PG13) Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz in a comedy/thriller!

CONTINUING:
THE A-TEAM (PG13) All-Star Action! All-Star FUN!! A perfect summer "popcorn picture"!

COMING SOON:
Wednesday, JUNE 30th: ECLIPSE--The Twilight Saga (PG13) Do I have to tell you what this is??
ADVANCE TICKETS FOR THE MIDNIGHT SHOW, JUNE 29th, ON-SALE NOW!!!
...and MORE!!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TOY STORY 3 (G)
Ok, so here's the deal: I've been hearing many, many of you complaining about 3D surcharges and 3D-induced headaches and dirty, non-sanitary 3D glasses that are maybe infected with rare skin diseases from the jungles of the Amazon (well, not really on that one, but it sure sounded groovy, didn't it?) that we are going to take you at your word that you really, really, really ARE growing weary of this latest 3D craze and play TOY STORY 3 in regular-priced, family friendly, 2D and NOT trendy, annoying and adolescent 3D!!!
Here is a movie that is SO good, it really is an instant classic!
I don't think the 3D hoo-hah is necessary for this one, and I hope you feel the same.
(---or maybe you are just dying to plunk down $3.50 PER PERSON ON TOP OF THE ALREADY-TOO-HIGH TICKET PRICES AT THE "OTHER GUYS" to wear those germy glasses??  Does anyone have that kind of money to waste these days? Lucky you!)
Personally, I'd rather see you and your family get into the movie CHEAPER so you have more money for AVON POPCORN!!!
(There, I said it.)
TOY STORY 3 (G)
(Showtimes in brackets are 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
SAT: (1:30) - (4:00) - 7:00 (Note that 1:30 Saturday show. It's not a mistake. There are "reasons".)
SUN: (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
MON, TUES & WED: (3:30) - 6:30
THURS: 7:15
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
PRINCESS KAIULANI (PG)
Remember those good ol' "Avon movies" from our early years?
-Those obscure and artsy films that established us in your hearts and minds?
Well, here is a perfect throw-back to those days in this wonderful new epic saga of the legendary Hawaiian princess.
Set in 1888, the period detail is impeccable, and YES, it IS in ENGLISH!!!
PRINCESS KAIULANI (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are 'Bargain Matinees")
MON & TUES: 7:00
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE A-TEAM (PG13)
Here is the definitive Summer "popcorn picture".
An all-star cast including LIAM NEESON and BRADLEY COOPER, in a loud and rowdy, check-your-brain-at-the-door, kind of movie.
Yes, the old TV show this was based on was kinda cheesy (and so is this movie, really) but, the key word here is FUN!!
Settle back with a tub of our finest golden kernels of pure love, layered with REEEL BUTTAH, and forget your troubles!
THE A-TEAM (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are 'Bargain Matinees")
MON thru WED: 7:15
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

KNIGHT AND DAY (PG13)

And speaking of "popcorn pictures"...
Is there anyone who has delivered us more "popcorn pictures" than TOM CRUISE??
Throw in CAMERON DIAZ (who still gets a woof outta me!) and you have quite an exciting feature!
(Quick! Tell me what other movie Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz starred in together! Get it correct and win absolutely nothing!)
You have all seen the clever previews either on the movie screen or home on your TV; you KNOW this is going to be a good'un!!
KNIGHT AND DAY (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are 'Bargain Matinees")

WED & THURS: 7:00
(Next Week's Showtimes TBA)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
RAMBLINGS FROM THE HEAD HONCHO

My new film classes resume TONIGHT!!!
Have you signed up yet?
If you haven't, you can just come to the Avon tonight (Thursday) at a little after 6 PM, and an official from Richland will be there to get you registered!
This is the NINTH YEAR of my Summer "Overlooked Films" classes, and they are the most popular of the Richland-at-the-Avon film classes I do all year long.
Tuition is just $80 for 8 weeks of a hand-picked screening and discussion series every Thursday night at 6:30.

For those of you who are not familiar with how my classes work, here's the thing: I don't tell you beforehand what you are going to see!
I have many reasons for this; some of which I tell you in class.
It is a very unique, and unorthodox, way to present a film class, but it has worked for these past 9 years!!!

Just have faith that I am going to choose some incredible "Overlooked" films, and you will have big fun discussing them with our group of fellow film buffs afterward.
What are you waiting for?

Class starts TONIGHT at 6:30!!
We are looking for you!!!

Seeya at THE AVON!!