[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS---Feb. 19th, 2010

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Feb 18 12:21:02 EST 2010

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Dr. Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY, FEB. 19th thru THURSDAY, FEB. 25th ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

CONTINUING:
THE WOLFMAN (R) The re-make of the classic 1940 thriller!!
VALENTINE'S DAY (PG13) Julia Roberts and a GINORMOUSLY HUGE All-Star Cast!!
CRAZY HEART (R) Will Jeff Bridges finally get his long-deserved Oscar for this one?

COMING SOON:
FEB. 26th: THE SECRETS OF JONATHAN SPERRY (G) A Faith-based Christian film for the whole family!
FEB. 26th: THE LAST STATION (R) Helen Mirren & Christopher Plummer are both Oscar-nominated for this!
MARCH 5th: CREATION (PG13) The Darwin bio-pic starring Paul Bettany and Jennifer Connelly!
...and MORE!!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
VALENTINE'S DAY (PG13)
Julia Roberts, Emma Roberts, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Jennifer Garner, Shirley MacLaine, Bradley Cooper, Ashton Kutcher, Topher Grace, Hector Elizondo, Patrick Dempsey, Jamie Foxx, yes and even MORE!!
And you know what? In spite of the supercilious (I've never written or used that word before) critics trying their dangdest (there's another word I've not used before) to trash this movie, in ended up being HUGE and quite an entertaining night at the movies too!

If you are looking for depressing, earth-shaking and navel-gazing, this is not for you.
BUT, if you are looking for bright, frothy, bubbly and...FUN, this is what you are looking for!
VALENTINE'S DAY   (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
MON,TUES, WED & THURS: 7:15
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE WOLFMAN (R)

Starring here are Benicio Del Toro, Anthony Hopkins, Emily Blunt, Hugo Weaving.
Just as I said last week, I was in the front row in the first showing of this on Friday, and I LOVED it!
The atmosphere, and settings had me in hog heaven!
One of my favorite recent scare-fests is the Johnny Depp version  of "Sleepy Hollow", and this has all that same type of foggy, spooky, old-creepy-house type of feel.
Plus, the Wolfman doesn't play any patty-cake games here!
Don't misunderstand; this is NOT one of those teenage trash gore fests like the multiplex theaters across the country seem to gorge on; this is CLASSIC monster lore!
Yes, it is a bit, uh, bloody...(After all, when a wolfman crosses your path, he won't just want to swap recipes!)
If you have the slightest inkling you might like a rip-roaring monster flick; don't hesitate!
THE WOLFMAN   (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
MON, TUES, WED & THURS: 6:40 (ENDS THURSDAY!)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
CRAZY HEART (R)
JEFF BRIDGES and "Best Actor Oscar", keep repeating that over and over, and you will see why I keep pushing this remarkable movie that also stars ROBERT DUVALL and MAGGIE GYLLENHAAL (who is also nominated).
I don't want to hear any of you say on Oscar night when Bridges' name is announced: "That never played here in town!" because it is here, right now!

(Like last Summer when we played THE HURT LOCKER, which has garnered a boatload of awards including "Best Picture", but we were very disappointed in the turn-out for it! Don't you wish you would have listened to me and skedaddled down to see it?)

ENDS SOON!! YOU BETTER HURRY!!
CRAZY HEART   (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
MON, TUES & WED: 6:30 (ENDS WEDNESDAY!)

HERALD & REVIEW READER'S CHOICE POLL RESULTS!!
>VOTED #1 "Best Place to See a Movie" in the Decatur Area!
>VOTED #1 "Best Decaturite" (Skip Huston)
Don't get me wrong, our winning for the entire Decatur area "Best Place to See a Movie" for the past several years in a row, is a great enough honor, and one we all have worked for tirelessly...
BUT, ME winning for "Best Decaturite" ???
I still think its got to be a mistake!
I keep thinking any minute now I'll get a phone call saying "um, we goofed on the vote counting..."

Come See Us This Weekend!!
We'll be looking for you and you and...YOU!!