[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS---DEC. 3rd, 2010

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Dec 2 13:35:42 EST 2010

CURTAIN RAISER:
This is one of those post-holiday weekends where the studios mandate all films that played the holiday week before be held-over for at least another week.
You will note that there are no new major releases anywhere this week...
-And that's ok!
It gives many of you who were either out-of-town for T-Day, or just not wanting to brave the crowds a last chance to see our movies!
BUT, GET READY>>>
-Because the floodgates are about to open for the Christmas movies!!
The Avon is in line to have one of the best Christmas holiday line-ups in our history too!
-Skip
Ashley Petty (General Mangler)                                                Skip Huston (Head Honcho)
"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Prof. Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY, DEC. 3rd thru THURSDAY, DEC. 9th ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

CONTINUING:
HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS--PT. 1 The biggest movie of the year? ENDS SOON!
MORNING GLORY (PG13) Harrison Ford, Diane Keaton & Rachel McAdams!! Need we say more?? ENDS SOON!
UNSTOPPABLE (PG13) Denzel Washington in a mind-blowing action film about a runaway train! ENDS SOON!

FREE HOLIDAY EVENT:
Thursday, Dec. 9th @ 7:00 PM for "THE MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL" (G) for FREE!!
Bring every kid you can find!! Rent some kids if you have to!!

COMING SOON:
Dec. 10th: THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA-The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (PG) Family Holiday Movie Magic!!
Dec. 10th: STONE (R) Robert DeNiro & Edward Norton face off over Mila Jovovich!! Powerful stuff, folks!
Dec. 17th: TBA
Dec. 22nd: BLACK SWAN (R) Natalie Portman and a great cast in the mind-blower you have doubtless heard about already!
Dec. 22nd: TRUE GRIT (PG13) Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, Josh Brolin in the new Coen Bros. instant-classic!

HARRY POTTER and the Deathly Hallows---Pt. 1 (PG13)
The next-to-the-last chapter of this incredible series is about to come to an end at the Avon, with the final part due in mid-July.
If you still have not seen it, or want to see it again on Decatur's BIGGEST screen, don't delay any longer!!
HARRY POTTER and the Deathly Hallows---Pt. 1 (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50 'Bargain Matinees")
MON, TUES, WED: 7:00
THURS: 6:15
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
UNSTOPPABLE (PG13)
I know by now many of you who were on the fence about seeing this incredibly exciting film have heard just how good it is!
DENZEL WASHINGTON is great as usual, and this is about as breathless and non-stop of a movie as you're going to see!
BUT, HURRY! It is almost GONE!!
UNSTOPPABLE (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50 'Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
MORNING GLORY (PG13)
SOME STRAIGHT TALK HERE...
Ok, short of me coming to all your houses and dragging you down to see this wonderful movie, I don't know how to get you to realize that this film, starring none other than HARRISON FORD, DIANE KEATON, RACHEL McADAMS and JEFF GOLDBLUM is one you do NOT want to miss!

I hear all of you griping constantly as to how movies today are primarily aimed at the comic book fans or the youngsters, yet here comes one that is PERFECT for the Avon crowd, and you don't go see it! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT??

If you are one of my film students, you already know that I opine the TITLE can make or break a film.
The title of "Morning Glory" should have been re-thought, but nobody at Paramount asked ME!!
It all comes down to recognition...
A point the marketing geniuses at the studios seem to forget constantly.
And, this point is underscored when I talk to you about this movie and your eyes light up when I mention the stars!

So, I am giving all of you one last chance to see this funny, charming and romantic film!

Don't let me, or yourselves, down!
Remember, if you want more movies about "mature" people, you have to actually ATTEND them!

MORNING GLORY (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50 'Bargain Matinees")
MON & TUES: 6:15
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
RANTS, RAVINGS & RUMBLINGS FROM THE HEAD HONCHO...

ONE WORD ABOUT WHAT IS COMING FOR CHRISTMAS>>>>>WOW!!!

STARTS DEC. 10th, and it's NOT in 3D!! YAAAY!!!

STARTS DEC. 22nd!!                STARTS DEC. 22nd!!

AVON GIFT CERTIFICATES!!
The PERFECT gift for Decatur movie fans!
They can be used just like cash, for all tickets and snack bar items, and you get EVERY PENNY, no matter how long it takes you to use it up! (We keep a tally on the back).
GIFT CERTIFICATES come in $5, $10, $20 & $50 (we recommend the $50!).
GIFT CERTIFICATES ARE AVAILABLE WHENEVER WE ARE OPEN!!
We accept cash (with proper ID), MasterCard, Visa & Discover (sorry, no American Express)
Come See Me This Weekend!
I'LL BE WATCHING FOR ALL OF YOU!!!
-Skippy Huston