[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS---AUGUST 20th, 2010

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Aug 19 00:59:28 EDT 2010

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Dr. Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY, AUGUST 20th thru THURSDAY, AUGUST 26th ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com
OPENING:
THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE (R) Part 2 of the Swedish sensation "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"!!

CONTINUING:
EAT, PRAY, LOVE (PG13) Julia Roberts in the epic true story of a woman's journey to self-discovery. A quintessential "Avon movie'!
SOLITARY MAN (R) The best film Michael Douglas has done in years!! incredible CAST! RAVE REVIEWS!

COMING SOON:
AUG.27th: WINTER'S BONE (R) This is the most-honored and critically-acclaimed American film of the year!!
SEPT. 3rd: GOING THE DISTANCE (R) Drew Barrymore in a love story about long-distance relationships!
 ...and MORE!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
EAT PRAY LOVE (PG13)

JULIA ROBERTS proves she has still "got it" in this wonderful and inspiring adaptation of the popular book of the same name.
Go on an epic journey to Italy, India and Bali as a middle-aged, freshly-divorced woman seeks out personal and spiritual enlightenment, and finds them all and then some!
This is a definitive "Avon movie", and has our name all over it!
Pity those who have no choice but to see this sweeping saga at a puny "McTheater"!
EAT PRAY LOVE is STILL in our "main theater", with 708 seats and the biggest screen in the area!
EAT PRAY LOVE (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50 'Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SOLITARY MAN (R)

MICHAEL DOUGLAS and an astounding cast that includes DANNY DeVITO, SUSAN SARANDON, MARY-LOUISE PARKER and more, in a "dramedy" about a once successful businessman now in his Twilight years, and his shot at late-life redemption.

We held this over because we were pleased to see so many coming to see it.
It MUST end next week, so don't delay!
SOLITARY MAN (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50 'Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE (R)
And here is #2 of what is currently the biggest trilogy of books in the world.
This continuation of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is every bit as compelling and absorbing as the first installment.

And, here is a very serious word to those who did not see the first film or read the first book yet: It is not a necessity to have read the first book or seen the first film in order to enjoy this suspense-filled movie.
BUT, you will want to read all three books once you see this!

The character of Lisbeth Salander ("the girl") is, in my opinion, one of the most enigmatic and complex personalities I have ever seen on the cinema screen. Flawed and tragic, but with an innate sense of focus and determination that scorches all that come in contact with her.

Please be advised, this is an R-rated film in every sense of the word.
Those who are squeamish or offended by "cutting edge" content, both sexual and violent, are strongly cautioned.
In Swedish, with English captions.
THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.50 'Bargain Matinees")
RANTS, RAVINGS & RUMBLINGS FROM THE HEAD HONCHO...

And Summer 2010 begins to wind down...
It's been a scorcher, and, unlike last year, I really feel I got my money's worth of "summer" this year!

There are still a few weeks of solid summer left, of course, but you can almost feel that Fall is coming.
This is the time of year I was born.
In fact, my birthday is a week from Saturday, and I will remind all of you of that next week so you can get those cards, letters and gifts in to me in time.
After all, you don't turn 40 every day!

Come See Me This Weekend!
I'll be looking for you and you, and, mostly...YOU!!