[Avon-theatre-news] AVON NEWS

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Oct 22 12:57:20 EDT 2009

FLASH: ADVANCE REGULAR-PRICED TICKETS FOR THE MIDNIGHT DEBUT OF "NEW MOON" ON THURSDAY, NOV. 19th, ON SALE THIS FRIDAY AT 3:30!!!
"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Dr. Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY, OCT. 23rd  thru THURSDAY, OCT. 29th ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY:
AMELIA (PG13) Hilary Swank & Richard Gere in the acclaimed bio-pic of Amelia Earhart!

CONTINUING:
COUPLES RETREAT (PG13) Vince Vaughn and a great cast in a rollicking comedy about "marriage encounter"!!
WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE (G) From the beloved children's book! Finally on the screen!

COMING SOON:
OCT. 30th: CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY (PG13) Michael Moore's new docu-opinion piece!! Ready to get ANGRY???
*HALLOWEEN NIGHT: FREE SHOWINGS OF TWO HORROR CLASSICS: "The Wolfman" & "Black Sunday"
NOV. 6th: A CHRISTMAS CAROL (G) Jim Carrey's new version!! WHY PAY HIGH 3D PRICES??? See it at The Avon!!!
NOV. 6th: COCO BEFORE CHANEL (PG13) The French sensation starring Audrey Tautou!!
NOV. 6th: THE MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS (PG13) George Clooney, Jeff Bridges and more in a side-splitter!!
NOV. 20th: NEW MOON   (Part 2 of the Twilight Saga) Talk about a monster hit!!!
NOV. 25th: OLD DOGS (PG) John Travolta & Robin Williams in a sure-fire huge family comedy hit!
DEC. 4th: EVERYBODY'S FINE (PG13) Robert DeNiro in one from the heart! Pure Avon "Gold"!!
...and MORE, MUCH, MUCH MORE!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

AMELIA (PG) I don't know about you, but as a life-long film buff and college film teacher, I long for more movies in the "old fashion" style of rich and heroic storytelling. The theaters across the nation are smeared with so much gunk that passes as "cinema" these days, and, to be more to the point, anything that skews remotely "older" is trashed mercilessly by the critics as being "old hat".
WELL, at THE AVON, we embrace the values that have made the movies great!
Sentimental? Yup! Proud of it too!
Here is 2-time Oscar winner HILARY SWANK and the always-welcome RICHARD GERE, along with EWAN McGREGOR, in the epic and visionary telling of the AMELIA EARHART story!
This is ONLY at THE AVON THEATRE, folks!
AND...it is rated "PG", so don't hesitate to bring all age groups to see the story of a unique American woman who was way before her time!
AMELIA  (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE (PG) Maurice Sendak's incredible children's book comes to life on the screen in a daring and entirely unexpected manner! How could a book that takes about 5 minutes to read translate into an almost-2 hour movie? Come see how famed maverick director Spike Jonze decided to accomplish this seemingly impossible feat!
WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
MON thru WED: 6:30
THURS: 7:00
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

COUPLES RETREAT  (PG13) Ready for some good laughs? So many have decided to disregard what the critics said about this one and see for themselves; and, boy have they been glad they did! VINCE VAUGHN, and a huge ensemble cast in a comedy about a tropical "marriage encounter". This also stars JASON BATEMAN, and that very foxy lady KRISTIN DAVIS.
HURRY! IT ENDS WEDNESDAY!!
COUPLES RETREAT  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
So, Halloween is almost upon us, and then we are skating right into the Holidays!
I have never seen such a line-up of promising films coming in the next 60 days!
To be sure, we can't play them all, because we only have 3 screens to work with, but ...
I am agonizing over what choices to make (and will probably make mistakes on some of them!).

Rest assured that even the ones we do NOT get to on the opening date, we WILL bring in a little later
when we have the room!
Keep this in mind when you are making a decision to see something we are not currently playing.
Always ASK ME if we are still planning on playing something later!
With that knowledge, there is a much less need to the brave the mean screens of any of the "other guys"!!
Stick with THE AVON!!
We work for your business!!!

Come See Me Soon, Folks!!