[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS---NOV. 27th, 2009

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Nov 25 13:24:27 EST 2009

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Dr. Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY, NOV. 27th thru THURSDAY, DEC. 3rd ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

NOW SHOWING:
OLD DOGS (PG) John Travolta & Robin Williams in a sure-fire huge family comedy hit!
NEW MOON (PG13) The latest installment in the huge "Twilight" series!!
THE BLIND SIDE (PG13) Sandra Bullock in the runaway hit heartwarmer!

COMING SOON:
DEC. 11th: THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG (G) Classic hand-drawn Disney animation returns!
DEC. 25th (Christmas Day): SHERLOCK HOLMES (PG13) Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law!!
DEC. 25th (Christmas Day): IT'S COMPLICATED (PG13) Meryl Streep, Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin
JAN. 8th: LEAP YEAR (PG13) Amy Adams, cuter than ever!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NOTE: EXTENDED HOLIDAY WEEKEND SHOWTIMES!!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OLD DOGS (PG)
So, when you put ROBIN WILLIAMS (in full nutty mode) and JOHN TRAVOLTA together, along with a supporting cast of KELLY PRESTON, SETH GREEN and MATT DILLON, what do you get? You get a hugely fun movie that the critics are going to hate and the audiences are going to love! That's the reality, folks!
If you want holiday hilarity and popcorn-munching entertainment, this is your best bet! Let the critics all gush about the latest depressing look at the dark and ugly side of life...I prefer to have a good time at the movies during the holidays! THIS WILL GIVE YOU JUST THAT!!!
OLD DOGS (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI, SAT & SUN: (2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
MON, TUES & WED: 7:15
THURS: No Showing (Special Event)

THE BLIND SIDE (PG13)

WOW! When SANDRA BULLOCK decides to "knock one out of the park", she sure does it! This incredible true story of the  family who adopt a homeless boy and see him become a bonafide pro football star is the crowd pleaser of crowd pleasers!
Country music superstar TIM McGRAW is along as Bullock's husband, and he has quietly been racking up some very impressive acting creds lately. This is a "feel good" movie! Just the type we need for the holidays! (AND...even a good portion of the knucklehead critics liked it too!). This SOLD-OUT almost all shows in Decatur last weekend (yes, I am talking about those "other guys" too) and the best way to see WHY, is to get down and see it! You won't be sorry!
THE BLIND SIDE  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI, SAT & SUN: (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
MON, TUES & WED: 6:40
THURS: 7:15
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Twilight Saga: NEW MOON  (PG13)

What else can be said about this little movie that hasn't already been said in enough media coverage to rival all the press of every other movie this entire year COMBINED?? (That might be a stretch, but not much of one!). The Twilight Saga films are a bonafide, dyed-in-the-wool, no-holds-barred PHENOMENON! I'm so glad I wasn't a move snob this time and not play this latest entry! 'nuff said?
NEW MOON  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI, SAT & SUN: (1:15) - (4:15) - 7:15
MON, TUES & WED: 6:30
THURS: 7:00

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A NOTE FROM THE HEAD HONCHO...
Please keep in mind that as the holidays come and The Avon screens are very busy, we are getting a lot of first-timers who don't know the different way we do things than at most of the other theaters they've been used to attending...
In short: We have a "zero tolerance" policy on cell phones, texting, and other sorts of disruptive behavior!

The gals in our lobby are hired not only for their sunny, girl-next-door intelligence and demeanor, but because they also can be downright MEAN when they have to be! (No fooling!)

BUT, it is up to YOU to let us know when someone is disturbing your enjoyment of the film!

We do periodic walk-ins during the film, but we can't always catch the morons who are inconsiderate.
YOU HAVE TO TELL US IMMEDIATELY!!

All you have to do is stick your head outside into the lobby and tell one of our girls just one word: "problem", and they know what to do!
That will take you ten seconds, but the result will be better than suffering some fool in silence and wondering why we don't do something about it!

WE CAN'T FIX A PROBLEM IF WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT!

Remember, it is NEVER the problem itself, but how fast it gets fixed!!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, folks!
We'll be down there all day long on Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday waiting to see YOU!!!
-Skip