[Avon-theatre-news] AVON NEWS, NOV. 13th, 2009

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Nov 12 12:52:31 EST 2009

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Dr. Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY, NOV. 13th thru THURSDAY,  NOV. 19th ONLY!!
Check out our way cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY:

BRIGHT STAR (PG) Here's an excellent movie you missed! The 19th century romance of English poet John Keats.

STARTS MIDNIGHT, THURSDAY, NOV. 19th:
NEW MOON (PG13) The latest installment in the huge "Twilight" series!! TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

CONTINUING:
AMELIA (PG13) Hilary Swank & Richard Gere in the acclaimed bio-pic of Amelia Earhart! HELD-OVER ONLY ONE MORE WEEK!!

DISNEY'S A CHRISTMAS CAROL (G) Jim Carrey's new version!! NOT IN 3-D, but at REGULAR PRICES TOO!!
THE MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS (PG13) George Clooney, Jeff Bridges and more in a side-splitter!!

COMING SOON:

NOV. 20th: THE BLIND SIDE (PG13) Sandra Bullock. One look at the preview for this and you'll be crazy to see it!
NOV. 25th: OLD DOGS (PG) John Travolta & Robin Williams in a sure-fire huge family comedy hit!
...and MORE!!
Christmas movies are COMING!!!

BRIGHT STAR (PG)
>From the 83% nationally positive reviewed "Rotten Tomatoes" website:
London 1818: a secret love affair begins between 23 year old English poet, John Keats, and the girl next door, Fanny Brawne, an outspoken student of fashion. This unlikely pair started at odds; he thinking her a stylish minx, she unimpressed by literature in general.
It was the illness of Keats's younger brother that drew them together. Keats was touched by Fanny's efforts to help and agreed to teach her poetry.
By the time Fanny's alarmed mother and Keats's best friend Brown realized their attachment, the relationship had an unstoppable momentum. Intensely and helplessly absorbed in each other, the young lovers were swept into powerful new sensations, "I have the feeling as if I were dissolving", Keats wrote to her. Together they rode a wave of romantic obsession that deepened as their troubles mounted. Only Keats's illness proved insurmountable.
BRIGHT STAR makes a lot of '"Best of the Year" lists, and yet it is NOT a movie that will play well at the multiplex theaters!
This is an "AVON MOVIE" in the truest sense of the word!
It is rated "PG", so no nudity, or buildings blowing up, or superheroes, or computer generated hoo-hah, or blood and guts!
Just a wonderful movie for intelligent and discerning patrons!
That sounds like the Avon crowd to me! NOTE: LIMITED ENGAGEMENT!!!
BRIGHT STAR (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI, SAT & SUN: (4:45)
NEW MOON (PG13)
When we decided to not play the first installment of this gigantic series, "TWILIGHT" last year, you can't imagine how STUPID I felt!
It went on to become one of the biggest hits of the year!
Now, we rectify that mistake with playing part 2, NEW MOON !!!
TICKETS NOW ON SALE FOR MIDNIGHT AND ALL SHOWINGS!!
NEW MOON (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
THURS: MIDNIGHT
(STARTS REGULAR RUN NEXT FRIDAY!!)
DISNEY'S A CHRISTMAS CAROL (PG)
JIM CARREY as Scrooge in Disney's re-imagining of the timeless Dickens classic tale.
Is it too early to think about Christmas?
I don't think so!
In fact, there are "some" who already have their tree up and their house decorated!
Are such people lunatics or just big fans of the Yuletide season?
(The answer to that should be weighed very carefully, as my wife put up our tree 5 days ago!)
DISNEY'S A CHRISTMAS CAROL  (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 7:00
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THE MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS  (R)
GEORGE CLOONEY and JEFF BRIDGES and a whole lot more at their goofiest!
Based on a "somewhat" true story about the Army attempting to develop a "psychic army"!!
HURRY!! This ENDS THURSDAY!!
THE MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS  (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
AMELIA (PG)
Ok, so don't be getting too comfortable thinking we will be holding this over again, because WE CAN'T!!
It was only through the generosity of the studio we were able to hold it for one more week as it is!
DO NOT DELAY!! You have only a few chances more to see this great HILARY SWANK & RICHARD GERE movie about legendary aviation pioneer Amelia Earhart.
Get them hush-puppies movin'!!
Absolutely, positively, no-baloney ENDS WEDNESDAY!!! (We mean it! We really, really do!)
AMELIA (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.75 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: 7:45
SAT: (1:45) - 7:45
SUN: (1:45)
MON thru WED: 7:00
A NOTE FROM THE HEAD HONCHO...
You will notice, from time to time, during the winter we will drop the Sunday night 3rd sets.
So, this week's schedule is not a typo!

After almost 11 years of operation, we know our market and area, and know what will work best for our location.
Depending on the product showing, we make a decision to minimize our exposure on overhead by shutting down a little early on certain Sundays.
As the holidays approach, we will not have that luxury!!
BUT, this week is a different story!
So, read the schedule carefully!!

Come See Me Soon, Folks!!