[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS---MAY 29th, 2009

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu May 28 13:56:07 EDT 2009

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Dr. Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY, MAY 29 thru THURSDAY,  JUNE 4th ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

CONTINUING:
NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 2: Battle of the Smithsonian (PG)
TERMINATOR SALVATION (PG13)
ANGELS & DEMONS (PG13)

COMING NEXT WEEK:
JUNE 5th: MY LIFE IN RUINS (PG13) The NEW "Big Fat Greek" Movie with NIA VARDOLOS!!
JUNE 5th: LAND OF THE LOST (PG) Will Ferrell chased by dinosaurs!! Great fun!!

COMING SOON:
JUNE 12th: THE TAKING OF PELHAM 123 (R) Dynamite remake of the 70's crime classic! John Travolta! Denzel Washington!
JUNE 19th: THE PROPOSAL (PG13) Sandra Bullock up to mischief! The preview is a scream!
JUNE 26th: MY SISTER'S KEEPER (PG13) Make sure your supply of Kleenex is ample!
JULY 1st: PUBLIC ENEMIES (R) Johnny Depp as John Dillinger!
JULY 17th: HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE (PG) 'nuff said?
PLEASE NOTE THIS, FOLKS:
Times are tough, and I hope they don't get tougher before they get better, but, they might...
Remember that a trip to the movies is still your best value for time out of the house!!
AND, our "TIGHTWAD TUESDAYS" make it even easier for you!
For the rest of the Summer, ALL SHOWS on TUESDAYS are ONLY $4.50!!
YES, $4.50!!
$4.50!!
(Its made the competition hopping mad, but that just breaks my heart, y'know!)
PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT "TIGHTWAD TUESDAYS"!!
Why would anyone fall for substandard popcorn deals and thimble-size $1 drinks, when the REAL DEAL is the TICKET PRICES????
(And our snack bar is BETTER quality, BIGGER sizes and LOWER- priced than the "other guys" anyway!)
"TIGHTWAD TUESDAY"is the REAL "Stimulus Tuesday"!!
ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!!!
SPREAD THE WORD!!
NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 2: Battle of the Smithsonian (PG) So, judging by the way you came in thundering hordes this Memorial Day weekend, and then laughed your fannies off, this is what we call a "good'un"!! BEN STILLER and cute-as-a button AMY ADAMS head a fine cast including ROBIN WILLIAMS for a romp that takes the original premise much further!
You don't have to have seen the 1st one (and there are a few who haven't) to enjoy this...
All you need to know is this: The museum's exhibits come to life at night and have a grand old time!
NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 2 (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
MON ,TUES, WED & THURS: 7:15
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TERMINATOR SALVATION  (PG13) I am going to tell you a little not-so-secret thing about me: Even though I am a college film teacher, and a certified "movie snob", I really LIKE certain types of action movies! Now, all of this Super Hero folderol leaves me cold, but give me a movie like "Terminator" or the "Mad Max" series (which, by the way, are on my Top Ten) and I am in testosterone-fueled heaven!
So, here we have TERMINATOR SALVATION, which is like a combination of the Terminator movies AND the Mad Max movies!!!
I have one word to sum it all up: Groovy.
TERMINATOR SALVATION  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
MON ,TUES, WED & THURS: 6:40
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ANGELS & DEMONS (PG13) Your last chances to see TOM HANKS in this super adaptation of Dan Brown's better-book-than-the-Da-Vinci-code are coming soon! This engrossing and thrill-a-minute labyrinthine mystery is just the right type of thing for the Avon crowd!
I hope you don't miss it!
ANGELS & DEMONS (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
MON ,TUES, WED & THURS: 6:30
A NOTE FROM SKIP...
Now, with summer here, many of our veteran staffers are home from college for the break, and we have the staffing ability to do WEEKDAY AFTERNOON MATINEES for the first time in our 10 year history!
This is not anything we can do permanently, because, for one, we won't have the staff for it in the Fall, and, for another, the long-promised downtown area revamp and renovations still have a considerable way to go before it makes sense to be open all year long for weekday afternoon matinees...
HOWEVER, we ARE going to try them this summer!
Is this something you would support?
Feel free to email me with your comments about weekday matinees at: Skip at TheAvon.com
Come See Me This Weekend, Folks!!