[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS---MAY 22nd, 2009

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu May 21 11:37:22 EDT 2009

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Dr. Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY, MAY 22nd thru THURSDAY,  MAY 28th ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com
NOTE: EXTENDED HOURS FOR THE 4 DAY "MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND"
WE ARE OPEN ALL-DAY FRI, SAT, SUN & MON!!

OPENING FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 2 (PG) The Whole Gang (and more) are back in a NEW adventure!!
                      TERMINATOR SALVATION (PG13) Incredible action and special effects! Popcorn alert!

CONTINUING:   ANGELS AND DEMONS (PG13) Tom Hanks in the "DaVinci Code" sequel from the prequel book!

COMING SOON:
JUNE 5th: MY LIFE IN RUINS (PG13) A NEW "Big Fat Greek" Movie!
JUNE 5th: LAND OF THE LOST (PG13) Will Ferrell gets chased (and hopefully eaten?) by Dinosaurs!
JUNE 12th: THE TAKING OF PELHAM 123 (R) Re-make of '70's Crime Classic! John Travolta & Denzel Washington!!
JUNE 19th: THE PROPOSAL (PG13) Sandra Bullock up to mischief!!
JUNE 26th: MY SISTER'S KEEPER (PG13) From the Best-Selling Book! Bring your tissues!
JULY 1st: PUBLIC ENEMIES (R) Johnny Depp as John Dillinger!
JULY 1st: I HATE VALENTINE'S DAY (PG13) Nia Vardalos and John Corbett Back together!!
JULY 17th: HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE (PG13) Need we say more?
JULY 24th: THE UGLY TRUTH (PG13) Gerard Butler and Katherine Heigl!
NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 2: Battle of the Smithsonian(PG) Not only has this clever premise increased attendance at museums everywhere, the movies are a whole lot of family fun as well! The fact that the Smithsonian, where this one is set, is so huge you can't even take it all in over the course of several days, should have families making their vacation plans for a trip to Washington D.C.!!
BEN STILLER is joined by AMY ADAMS in this, and, yes, ROBIN WILLIAMS is along too, and some BIG surprises!
Big, BIG ENTERTAINMENT!!
NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 2 (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI, SAT, SUN & MON: (1:00)- (4:00) - 7:00
TUES, WED & THURS: 7:15
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TERMINATOR SALVATION  (PG13) CHRISTIAN (Batman) BALE comes to the iconic role of John Connor in this the 4th installment of the incredible series! Here we have the perfect summer "popcorn" picture!! I am a big fan of this arc ever since the first installment made the Governor of California a huge star back in the olden days. This has all the "right stuff" and will not disappoint the fans!
PLUS, it can stand on its own as a darn good action/adventure too!
TERMINATOR SALVATION  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI, SAT, SUN & MON: (2:15)- (5:15) - 8:15
TUES, WED & THURS: 6:40
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ANGELS & DEMONS (PG13) So, TOM HANKS in the sequel to "The DaVinci Code" from the Dan Brown book that was a "prequel"...Say what??
Don't worry about all of that.
You don't have to know anything about The DaVinci Code to enjoy this well-made and involving thriller!
Honestly, you will be captivated from the opening scene!
This is not for the standard mall movie crowd; it has a thinking premise, and is tailor-made for the more discerning Avon patron!
ANGELS & DEMONS (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI, SAT, SUN & MON: (2:00)- (5:00) - 8:00
TUES, WED & THURS: 6:30
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A NOTE FROM SKIP...
So, Memorial Day weekend is upon us, and the big movies are rolling out!
You will see some very familiar faces in our staff as some of our veteran girls are home from college for the summer!

In fact, Assistant Manager Abby Andrick has been with us longer than anyone! I believe she clocks in at 5 years now!
Our other Assistant Manager, Jennifer Snarski, has been with us for at least 3 years!
How could these bright and intelligent young women stand working for me that long?
It's a mystery!
But one I am proud to say exists!!

As all of you are aware, it is the wonderful Avon staff that sets us apart from so many other theaters...
We are very particular about whom we hire, and any on our staff know that, ultimately, it is YOU that is the BOSS!!

Now, that's one of our "secrets" why so many of you PREFER to come to THE AVON!!

Come See Us This Weekend!!!!
I'm on the Lookout for you and you and...YOU!!!