[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS--March 20th, 2009

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu Mar 19 12:52:54 EDT 2009

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Dr. Skippy P. Huston
WEEK OF FRIDAY, MARCH 20th thru THURSDAY,  MARCH 26th ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY: DUPLICITY (PG13) Julia Roberts and Clive Owen Spy, Spark and Spar!
                      CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC (PG) Isla Fisher in the best-selling book adaptation!! ONE-WEEK-ONLY

CONTINUING:     WATCHMEN (R) The Astounding Super-Hero Epic ENDS SOON!!

COMING NEXT WEEK: THE INTERNATIONAL (PG13) Clive Owen and Naomi Watts!!  (ONE-WEEK-ONLY!!)
                               RACE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN (PG) (ONE-WEEK-ONLY!! ) (note:Tentative Booking)

COMING SOON:
APRIL 3rd: SUNSHINE CLEANING (R)
APRIL 3rd: FAST & FURIOUS (PG13)
APRIL 10th: OBSERVE AND REPORT (R)
APRIL 17th: STATE OF PLAY (PG13)
APRIL 24th: TBA
MAY 1st: X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE (PG13)
MAY 1st: GHOSTS OF GIRLFRIENDS PAST (PG13)
MAY 8th: TBA
MAY 15th: ANGELS AND DEMONS (PG13)
MAY 22nd: TERMINATOR SALVATION (R)
MAY 22nd: NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 2 (PG)
JUNE 5th: LAND OF THE LOST (PG13)
JUNE 12th: THE PROPOSAL (PG13)
JUNE 12th: THE TAKING OF PELHAM 123 (R)
JUNE 19th: MY LIFE IN RUINS (PG13)
JUNE 26th: TBA
JULY 3rd: PUBLIC ENEMIES (R)
JULY & AUGUST: TBA!!!
(All Dates Subject to Change)
DUPLICITY  (PG13) JULIA ROBERTS is back in top leading lady form in this fun and exciting spy/romance, and her leading man is none other than CLIVE OWEN!! This is a real "crowd pleaser" and looks to be a whole lot of fun! The perfect way to while away a late-March weekend! Grab a bucket of our classic corn with real butter and get lost in a groovy movie!
DUPLICITY  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.00/$5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC (PG) We promoted this when it was first coming out, but because of scheduling conflicts we had to let it go to the "other guys" instead. Now, we know from past experience there are a LOT of you who will not go anywhere else to see a movie if THE AVON does not have it, so we try to bring in some of those we had to skip (even if it is just for a limited run) so you can now feel safe to see it and not wait for DVD. Here this frothy and fun adaptation of the best-selling book is, but it may only be here ONE-WEEK-ONLY, so do not delay!!
CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.00/$5.50 'Bargain Matinees")

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
WATCHMEN  (R) And now we have the final week of this astounding special effects super hero extravaganza! You better get in to see it soon, 'cause it is gone on Thursday!
WATCHMEN  (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $6.00/$5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: 7:00
SAT: (3:00) - 7:00
SUN: (3:00)
MON thru THURS: 6:20
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our hearts go out to Liam Neeson for the tragic and sudden death of his wife, the beautiful and multi-talented Natasha Richardson.
We view these performers to be "larger than life", but it is still always shocking when mortality intrudes to remind us we are all but a fleeting shadow. Requisent in Pace.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A NOTE FROM SKIP...
It's hard to believe that tonight is the final class of my 8-week "AMERICANA AT THE MOVIES--PART 2" series!
It seems like just yesterday it started!
I hope I will see many of you for my new Richland-at-the-Avon film classes starting April 9th!
This is a 6-week course that has "SIX CLASSIC COMEDIES" as its theme!!
That's right, it's time for some belly-laughs, and I am going to present in my popular screening and discussion series 6 of the finest examples of movie comedy ever made!
There will be probably NOT be anything that is NEW in this series, as we are talking "classics" and anything of recent vintage has not stood the test of time...yet.
What will be shown is laff-fests from the '30's, '40's, '50's, '60's and, maybe the '70's.
This will be a 6 weeker, with a cost of $60.
You can contact this Richland official:
Jennifer Peterson
875-7211, Ext. 353
JPeterso at richland.edu
-or, simply come a little early to the first night of class and sign up with her in-person!
Classes start at 6:30 and doors are locked at 6:35, so get there a bit early to grab your favorite seat and your popcorn (or nachos, candy or hot-dogs).
NOTE: If you want to see what a class is like, feel free to be my guest tonight for the final class of "Americana--Part 2".
That's 6:30 sharp tonight (Thursday, March 19th) at THE AVON!
Spring is in the air!
It is so close, you can smell it!!
Seeya at the Movies!!