[Avon-theatre-news] AVON EXTRA! EXTRA!

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Jul 22 11:00:09 EDT 2009

Announcing...

Our Next Film Class!!

SILENT MOVIE CLASSICS---PART 5!!

The continuation of our popular film and discussion series on the classics of the silent screen!

A 6 WEEK COURSE STARTING THURSDAY, AUGUST 13th
thru THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER  17th!!

This class and discussion film series will last 6 weeks, and meet every Thursday @ 6:30 PM starting August 13th at The Avon Theatre.
Cost is $60, in cash or check  (no credit cards, please), payable to "Ripper Entertainment".
NOTE: This class is NOT payable through Richland!

Unlike all of our previous film classes, we WILL reveal the movies to be screened beforehand.

THE IRON HORSE (1924) The recently-restored John Ford masterpiece!
 THE LODGER (1926)  Alfred Hitchcock's seminal, and recently-restored classic!

BARDELAYS THE MAGNIFICENT (1926) John Gilbert in this long-thought-lost adventure!

PETER PAN (1924) The ultra-rare silent version of this classic adventure!

THE JAZZ SINGER (1927) Al Jolson in one of the most important movies in cinema history!

THE IRON MASK (1929) Douglas Fairbanks, Sr. in his recently restored farewell to the silent screen! Features a talking segment done by Fairbanks himself!
Seeing one of the silent classics of the Golden Age of Cinema in the 1916  vintage Avon Theatre, is a transporting and even rather eerie and remarkable journey through the archaeology of the cinema!

Come  join us for unforgettable movie experiences, and a lively discussion with fellow film-buffs!  Sign up TODAY at the AVON THEATRE!

(Give this form with your payment to the Avon Theatre's staff)

SILENT MOVIE CLASSICS-PART 5 SIGN-UP FORM