[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS--OCT. 3rd

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Oct 1 14:09:24 EDT 2008

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Prof.Skippito Hustonovitch
WEEK OF FRIDAY, OCT. 3rd  thru THURSDAY, OCT. 9th ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY: AMERICAN CAROL (PG13) Kelsey Grammer - James Woods - Dennis Hopper

CONTINUING: NIGHTS IN RODANTHE (PG13)
                  EAGLE EYE (PG13)

COMING SOON: BODY OF LIES (R) Russell Crowe & Leonardo DiCaprio!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
AMERICAN CAROL (PG13) Though some fault Hollywood for being too liberal, AIRPLANE! director David Zucker helms this satire that takes aim at the left. Kevin Farley, who bears a striking resemblance to a certain Oscar-winning filmmaker, plays Michael Malone, a documentary director who wants to abolish the Fourth of July. But when he is visited by three spirits, he begins to change his anti-American tune. AN AMERICAN CAROL also stars Kelsey Grammer, country singer Trace Adkins, Dennis Hopper, Jon Voight, and Zucker favorite Leslie Nielsen.
I don't know about you, folks, but those old AIRPLANE movies can generally always get a few belly-laughs outta' me!
This take-off on the Michael Moore movies sure looks funny!
AMERICAN CAROL (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")

MON, TUES & WED: 6:40 (No Thursday showing due to film classes in session)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
NIGHTS IN RODANTHE  (PG13) Oh, boy, what a popular movie this is at the Avon! From Nicholas Sparks' best-selling book, this brings that flavor of THE NOTEBOOK and MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE to a wonderful story of "love the 2nd time around". Richard Gere and my personal favorite Diane Lane, have so much chemistry! This is the THIRD time they have appeared in a film together, with THE COTTON CLUB and UNFAITHFUL before. Bring plenty of tissues, because this has an ending that will knock you for a loop! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
NIGHTS IN RODANTHE  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
EAGLE EYE (PG13) The number one movie in America, and a hit for young actor Shia LeBeouf (wassup with that name?) and Billy Bob Thornton, along with foxy Michelle Monaghan. This conspiracy/chase thriller has so many twists and turns you'll have a hard time catching your breath! HURRY!! ENDS THURSDAY!!
EAGLE EYE (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")

THURS: 7:00

A NOTE FROM SKIP
There's a lot of talk going around that I will be running for City Council.

If you saw me on the WAND-TV 6 PM news last Friday, I made it quite clear there are some things going on in our city administration that I do not agree with.

So, YES, I am thinking strongly about a run!

Many fine candidates have come forward for the Mayor position, but there are several seats available on the city council, and I am not very sure I am too excited about some of the choices there, so far.

WHEN will you know what I have decided??
I guess when the ballot petitions show up on the Avon concession stand counters!

If I do take this step, I hope I will have all of your support.

The city council desperately needs some "new blood", and, maybe one with REEL buttah' too! :-)