[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS--Oct. 10th

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Fri Oct 10 00:55:50 EDT 2008

NOTE: I am not trying to annoy you with a duplicate newsletter!
I know the pictures in the last one did not come through, so I have removed them and put it back the way it always was before.
"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Prof.Skippito Hustonovitch

WEEK OF FRIDAY, OCT. 10th  thru THURSDAY, OCT. 16th ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY: APPALOOSA (R) Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen Western!
                       BODY OF LIES (R) Russel Crowe and Leonardo DiCaprio Thriller!

CONTINUING: NIGHTS IN RODANTHE (PG13) Richard Gere & Diane Lane Romance!
                  AN AMERICAN CAROL (PG13) Insane Political Comedy!

SPECIAL EVENTS:
OCT. 24th & 25th @ MIDNIGHT!!!
THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW!!
* MILLIKIN SHADOW CAST PERFORMS WITH THE MOVIE!!
*COME IN COSTUME (AS BARE AS YOU DARE!)
*SOME PROPS ARE ALLOWED!!
*ALL TICKETS JUST $5.00!!!

MONDAY, DEC. 1st! MOVIE/TV STAR BRUCE CAMPBELL IS BACK IN-PERSON!!!
       >>Dec. 1st Movie/TV Star BRUCE CAMPBELL returns IN-PERSON with his new movie "My Name is Bruce"
TICKETS AVAILABLE NOV. 1st! Remember: BRUCE has sold-out every seat in his last two visits here!

COMING SOON: More Great Movies!! (some of them are secrets for now)

BODY OF LIES (R) Ok, let's consider this combination: RUSSELL CROWE & LEONARDO DiCAPRIO in a film directed by RIDLEY SCOTT. That looks to be just about the most winning roster I have seen in a long time! Many of you know that Ridley Scott is one of my favorite filmmakers, and, ol' "Maximus" Russell Crowe will always be in my top ten! This CIA thriller will be a real good one, with all that going for it, how could it not be?
BODY OF LIES (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")

THURS: 7:00

APPALOOSA (R) At last another great new western! After last year's 3:10 TO YUMA I was hopeful we would start to see a re-birth of this tried and true genre', but, that proved to not be the case...
Then, I heard rumblings about this one starring (and directed by) ED HARRIS, with co-stars of VIGGO MORTENSEN, JEREMY IRONS and RENEE' ZELLWEGER, and I was really excited! This is currently the #5 movie in America, and the reviews have been mostly excellent!
Saddle-up pardners, it's time to hit the dusty trail again!!
NOTE: APPALOOSA  is an AVON EXCLUSIVE!!
APPALOOSA (R)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")

NIGHTS IN RODANTHE  (PG13) Here is your last chance to see this wonderful romance starring RICHARD GERE and DIANE LANE. From the best-selling book by Nicholas Sparks, this is simply a superb film!

NIGHTS IN RODANTHE  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: 7:15
SAT & SUN: (1:15) - 7:15
MON, TUES & WED: 7:15 (Ends Wednesday)

AN AMERICAN CAROL  (PG13) Your last chances for this insane political comedy that skewers the radical left.
(Of course, it is produced by the radical right, so you know the fur is gonna' fly!)
AN AMERICAN CAROL  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")

FRI, SAT & SUN: (4:15)

A NOTE FROM SKIP...
(If the pictures in this newsletter are not visible, you need to set your email browser to "html" aka "rich text")

Howdy Citizens of Avonia!
Thanks to the literally dozens of you who sent me emails in support of my contemplated city council run.

There are some fine people on our current city council, but, as many of us feel, some of them have served too long and can't see the forest for the trees any longer.

Time for new blood!

Whether that "new blood" is ME, and/or some of the others who have already announced, the fact remains this council has become dysfunctional and stale in its present staffing.

Can I do a better job than they?

-All I can promise you is that I would TRY to do just that!
(And, that is really what it all boils down to anyway, right?)

So, what is my decision?
Come see me this weekend and see if I have the petitions out on the concession stands!
(What a sneaky way to get you into the theaters, right?)

I Got Hot (Real) Buttered Popcorn Just Waiting For You!!
-Skip Huston

Skip Huston---Owner
Huston's  Avon Theatre 3
A Ripper Entertainment Company