[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS May 16th, 2008

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu May 15 11:24:11 CDT 2008

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Prof.Skippito Hustonovitch
WEEK OF FRIDAY, MAY 16th  thru THURSDAY, MAY 22nd ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY:
THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE CASPIAN (PG)

OPENING WEDNESDAY AT MIDNIGHT:
(Actually, Thursday at 12:01 AM to be 100% accurate)
INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL (PG13)

CONTINUING:
IRON MAN (PG13)
WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS (PG13)

COMING SOON:
SEX AND THE CITY (R)

SPECIAL EVENT:
JUNE 12th SUPER-PREMIERE!!
DETAILS BELOW!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NOTE: As a special service, I need to point out that
the "other guys" recently raised their matinee prices
to $6.25. The Avon's remains at only $5.50.
The "other guys" Adult nighttime price is $8.00,...
while The Avon's is only $7.00.
Plus we have the lowest concession prices with the
BIGGEST sizes and the BEST quality!
Are we crazy or what?? (Don't answer that).
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ANNOUNCING!! THE AVON GOES TO EXTENDED SUMMER HOURS!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE CASPIAN (PG) WOWSER!! We didn't play the first NARNIA movie 2 1/2 years ago, and we were kicking ourselves senseless all that Christmas long! Here is a series of books that are known and beloved by so many, and, the movies are instant classics! This is an adventure film for the whole family! What more can I say about one of the Summer's (and the entire year's) BIGGEST movies?
THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE CASPIAN (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (3:30) - 7:00 - 10:30
SAT: (12:00) - (3:30) - 7:00 - 10:30
SUN: (12:00) - (3:30) - 7:00
MON & TUES: 7:15
WED: 7:30
THURS: (3:30) - 7:00
+++++++++++++++++++++++
INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL (PG13) Before there was NATIONAL TREASURE and THE DA VINCI CODE, there was INDIANA JONES!! Now, the legendary trio of GEORGE LUCAS, STEPHEN SPIELBERG and HARRISON FORD have finally re-teamed after almost 20 years to bring the next chapter to the screen! This will be an incredible film, folks! This is an "EVENT"!!
INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
WED: 12:00 MIDNIGHT
(Thursday at 12:01 AM, actually)
THURS: (4:00) - 7:15
++++++++++++++++++++++
IRON MAN  (PG13) And, let's not forget what a critical and commercial success this one is! The first big blockbuster of this Summer season, and what a movie it is! The best kick-off to the Summer season I have seen in years! Don't miss it! It will be LEAVING SOON!
IRON MAN  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:15) - 7:15 - 10:15
SAT & SUN: (1:15) - (4:15) - 7:15 - 10:15
MON & TUES: 6:30
WED: 7:00
THURS: (3:45) - 6:45
+++++++++++++++++++++
WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS (PG13) Here are your last chances to see Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher duke it out in this rocking romantic comedy! ENDS WEDNESDAY!!
WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:30) - 7:30 - 10:00
SAT: (1:30) - (4:30) - 7:30 - 10:00
SUN: (1:30) - (4:30) - 7:30
MON & TUES: 6:45
WED: 7:15
+++++++++++++++++++++
BIG NEWS!! BIG NEWS!! BIG NEWS!!
We gave you a little teaser last week about this event, but the date has now changed to Thursday, June 12th.
As many of you are aware, Decatur's own Jake Rademacher has made a stunning, first-class documentary called BROTHERS AT WAR.

This film has earned the attention of some major movie industry figures, who have attached themselves to the project because they feel it is a film that must be seen!

Because the movie is still in the distribution negotiation stages, it is not in general release anywhere yet, but...

YOU CAN SEE IT AT THE AVON ON THURSDAY, JUNE 12th!

PLUS...You can meet Oscar-nominee and star of Stage, Screen & TV: actor GARY SINISE in person!

This will be a huge event, and we want all 708 seats in the Avon filled!!

You will start to see and hear more details on ticket availability very shortly!!!
Come See Me This Weekend!!
I'll Be Looking for ALL of YOU!!!