[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS--MAY 9th, 2008

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Thu May 8 12:00:36 CDT 2008

"All of Life's Answers are in the Movies!"  -Prof.Skippito Hustonovitch
WEEK OF FRIDAY, MAY 9th  thru THURSDAY, MAY 15th ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY:
WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS (PG13) CAMERON DIAZ & ASHTON KUTCHER wage war on each other!!
YOUNG @ HEART (PG) You'll Laugh, You'll Sing, You'll Cry...ONE WEEK ONLY!!

CONTINUING:
IRON MAN (PG13) Robert Downey, Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow & Jeff Bridges!!

COMING SOON:
Next Week:
MAY 16th: THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA--Prince Caspian (PG)

THURSDAY,MAY 22nd:
 INDIANA JONES and the KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL (PG13) (MIDNIGHT PREMIERE)
MAY 30th: SEX AND THE CITY--The Movie (R)
JUNE 6th: KUNG FU PANDA (PG)
JUNE 20th: GET SMART (PG13)
JUNE 27th: WALL-E (G)
JULY 18th: THE DARK KNIGHT (PG13)
JULY 18th: MAMMA MIA! (PG13)
JULY 25th: X-FILES: I WANT TO BELIEVE (PG13)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
PART-TIME PROJECTIONIST NEEDED!!
If you have 10 to 15 hours per week available at various times,
and have excellent mechanical ability, we may be looking
for YOU!
We will train the approved candidate!
The perfect extra-income job for a retiree!!
APPLY IN PERSON AT THE THEATER!!
(Talk to Skip Huston ONLY!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
IRON MAN (PG13) Who woulda' thunk it? A movie of this type not only getting excellent reviews, but also doing monster business?!
Well, unless you are currently residing on the planet Zontar, you know that this is all of that and more! Loads of fun and a dynamite cast including ROBERT DOWNEY, Jr., and GWYNETH PALTROW.
IRON MAN (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS (PG13) And here is another one of a genre that normally doesn't get good reviews! This romp starring CAMERON DIAZ (woof!) and ASHTON KUTCHER has transcended the normal so-so reviews that "date movies" usually get to actually get some really good ones! (Of course, there are always those pasty-faced grouchy critics who live in their Mom's basements and have no idea what a "date movie" is supposed to be!)  So, if you are looking for some great romantic comedy fun this weekend, this is IT!!
WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 7:00
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
YOUNG @ HEART (PG) LIMITED ENGAGEMENT!! ONE-WEEK-ONLY!! This is the one you have probably heard about. A movie that will make you laugh, and sing, and...cry. This true chronicle of a group of seniors singing rock 'n roll will touch your heart like seldom have done recently. Don't procrastinate on seeing this, because, with all the big Summer movies starting to come in, we don't have the room to hold it over!
YOUNG @ HEART (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")

A NOTE FROM SKIP...
Mark Memorial Day, Monday, May 26th on your calendar, folks!
That is all I will tell you right now, but there is something VERY BIG happening at the Avon that night!

It involves a very important new movie, AND a personal appearance by an Oscar-nominated movie and TV star! (No, it is not Matt Damon, and it is not THE INFORMANT).
If you miss this, and tickets will be limited to our capacity, you will kick yourself!

COME SEE ME THIS WEEKEND!!
IT IS GOING TO RAIN, SO THE MOVIES AWAIT YOU!!