[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATRE NEWS

Skip Huston Skip at TheAvon.com
Wed Mar 5 15:31:14 CST 2008

WEEK OF FRIDAY, MARCH 7th  thru THURSDAY, MARCH 13th ONLY!!
Check out our cool website at: www.TheAvon.com

OPENING FRIDAY:
10,000 B.C. (PG13) Thundering Epic Adventure from the Distant Past!
THE GREAT DEBATERS (PG13) Oscar Winners Denzel Washington and Forest Whitaker!!

CONTINUING:
THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL (PG13) Scarlett Johansson, Eric Bana and Natalie Portman in a steamy historical romance!

COMING NEXT WEEK:
???? (Still in Planning Stages)
Hey, Folks! We still have a couple of spots open for Lobby Staff!!
If you are interested in being a candidate, get down and APPLY!!

IMMEDIATE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THE AVON!!
We have IMMEDIATE openings for:
*Lobby Staff Positions
Apply IN-PERSON to Susan, Ashley or Skip
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS!
Must have dependable transportation and be able to
work NIGHTS and WEEKENDS!! No Exceptions!
We prefer over 18 years of age.
10,000 B.C. (PG13)  Anytime you can give me Sabre-Tooth Tigers and Wooly Mammoths, you can bet I'll be there!! (After all, I had a Sabre-Toothed tiger as a pet back when I was young! Back when TV sets were made of stone and ran on steam).  Does this film chronicle any recognizable period of actual history?? Well...no. Is it a "caveman movie"?? Well...no. Is it just tons of fun?? ABSOLUTELY!!
A mighty warrior has to journey to an ancient Egypt-type land to save his lady love. Put your mind on hold, and escape with us into the distant bizarro past!!
10,000 B.C.  (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")

THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL (PG13) Boy did we get some approving crowds for this "bodice ripper" last week. True, it is not 100% faithful to history, but, I am betting you like it just the same. Scarlett Johansson and the ultra-fox Natalie Portman with Eric Bana as a young and hunky Henry VIII...Lots of court intrigue, and lots of forbidden dalliances. >From the popular best-selling novel, and, many have said the costumes alone are worth seeing the movie for!
THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
THURS: 7:00
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THE GREAT DEBATERS (PG13)  Ok, two names for you to consider: Denzel Washington and Forest Whitaker. Both of them Best Actor Oscar Winners, and both of them committed to this marvelous old-fashioned story about the value of education and verbosity over brawn and combat. Indeed, there are other ways of defeating your opponent than just physical aggression, and this wonderful and heartfelt film celebrates just that! Based on true events, this was directed by Denzel Washington as well. It's set in the 1930's, and is definitely one of those "overlooked" films! It did have a limited run at the "other guys", but very few saw it there. Get down and show the powers-that-be that intelligent movies like this need to play The Avon, and ONLY The Avon!
THE GREAT DEBATERS (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets are $5.50 'Bargain Matinees")
MON, TUES & WED: 6:30 ENDS WEDNESDAY!!
A Note From Skip
There is a fabulous local magazine that really celebrates Decatur and the people who try to make this an even better place. It's called "LIMITED EDITION", and it is FREE!! It is a Herald & Review publication, and has some of the same good guys writing for it that also write for the paper.
It is a gorgeous magazine, and a real source of "Decatur Pride".

The new issue, has one of the best articles I have ever seen about The Avon, and our beginning our 10th year. It also has pictures of our "Popcorn Girlz" past and present, and you know how proud we are of them! One of the pictures is the BEST picture I have ever seen of The Avon!!

Sorry, but there are NO PICTURES OF ME there! I didn't want to spoil the entire magazine!

LIMITED EDITION is sent out via regular mail to certain demographics, but we have a SMALL SUPPLY at the theater to give you if you did not receive it.
Please stop by and get one as soon as you can before supplies are exhausted!!

So, there is another good reason to Come See Me This Weekend!!